• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

What i see in bootlog : Controller: NVidia (Unknown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 0e1b)

At the beginning i was thinking that my graphic card was not recognized but then when i looked closely to that line : device ID: 0e1b is my HDMI out for the 660m GTX and not the graphic card itself (device ID: 0fd4). I would be stupid but does it mean that ML is recognizing the HDMI audio out device as my graphic card and thats why it is not working ?

Assuming that a guy could get his 660m to work without any patching i conclude that the drivers are there but not rooted the right way in our machines...

Any ideas on how to make it look at the graphic card as display device instead of the HDMI audio device ?

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I tried forcing all NVIDIA kexts (Geforce, NVGK, Resman) to load only for 0fd4 10de by specifying it in the PCIPrimaryMatch section but it still got stuck... it's unbelievable....

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:AKern@RampageDev.com
Once again...

If you can not turn off the Intel GPU off in the BIOS you are wasting your time...

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Once again...

No OPtimus or Intel Graphics here...

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Once again...

Then how come the guy with the M17x (Intel 4000 and 660m) got it working? He even said there was no option for him to disable it from bios.... http://www.insanelym...-wifi-any-help/

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,085 posts

Then how come the guy with the M17x (Intel 4000 and 660m) got it working? He even said there was no option for him to disable it from bios.... http://www.insanelym...-wifi-any-help/

Its the way Asus enables the cards. Most Asus laptops that have both you can see both GPU's and you can enable it. I have done this with a 540M. But the it never switches to the Nvidia card. At best you can point to the card is CS6 and use it as a CUDA card but I have never tested this.

I stated what the limitation was over 2 months ago. Please listen to what I have said because I am only trying to save you hours of time that will in the end lead you no ware.

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Thanks for the answer but you still keep saying that I have both cards. I don't, please look at the G55/75 specs, there is no idle switching to Intel.
But if I do, why do the older gen G series work? They too must be, as Micky1979 said:

using the onboard video, or rather his bus, as a channel for the discrete on laptop PC.

Please, I'm not trying to argue with you, I just refuse to give up that easily, even if what I do is pointless lol

IDDPioneer

IDDPioneer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I've installed Linux in my lap, just to see more information about vga and drivers and how they do it in linux and I found this:

IO Ports: 0x3000-0x30ff - Realtek RTL8111/8168
IO Ports: 0x4000-0x407f - Geforce GT650M - Based on this shoud I use npci=0x4000 ?
IO Ports: 0x5000-0x501f - SMBus

Proof thats working in linux and that is the ONLY vga active:
-Monitors-
Monitor 0 : 1920x1080 pixels
-OpenGL-
Vendor : NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer : GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2
Version : 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.43
Direct Rendering : Yes

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Guys, attached an IOREG of an iMac 13,2 with 660m GTX from best buy. let's rock with it

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,085 posts

Guys, attached an IOREG of an iMac 13,2 with 660m GTX from best buy. let's rock with it

Please read what I have posted before. Thank you.

IDDPioneer

IDDPioneer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Here another Alienware running with qe/ci

here goes the darwindumper and ioreg: http://www.sendspace.com/file/27tho7

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,085 posts

They can turn off intel GPU....

IDDPioneer

IDDPioneer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

They can turn off intel GPU....

Ok, me too, but no qe/ci yet. What should I do.

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

Thanks for the answer but you still keep saying that I have both cards. I don't, please look at the G55/75 specs, there is no idle switching to Intel.
But if I do, why do the older gen G series work? They too must be, as Micky1979 said:

Please, I'm not trying to argue with you, I just refuse to give up that easily, even if what I do is pointless lol

Yep, maybe this is an insurmountable problem

Micky

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

He is using Macbook Pro 5.1 which doesn't have any Intel GPU on it, I´m not very familiar with intel GPU´s but I know it need to be initialized in some way and one is based in the model from smbios. If your are using Macbook Pro 10.1 as your model, this model has an Intel GPU and an Nvidia GPU and the first in been activated is the Intel GPU, and it is the same in your system but ohhh!!! you don´t have any active Intel GPU, and for the Optimus experience we know that an Nvidia Card can´t be activated as a second one (I have read some theories about how optimus work). For the other side if you try to use your Intel GPU like any other Optimus user you can´t because there is not active.

Try using any other smbios like iMac13,1 or 13,2 or MacPro or simply use Macbook Pro 5.1 like he does, I know you will lost CPU Power management but is just for testing purpose. (Use NullCPUPowerManagemnt for avoid KP)

If you try iMac smbios use this "Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4" as your smboard in smbios.plist this.

My two cents
Good Luck

Sorry for my poor english

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Thanks for the suggestion but this made no difference for me, Chameleon gets it stuck and Clover reboots...

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Thanks for the suggestion but this made no difference for me, Chameleon gets it stuck and Clover reboots...

What exactly did you do? What changes? Please be more specific.

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Sorry, here's what I did: I used an iMac13,2 smbios.plist to boot with Chameleon, then an iMac13,1 smbios then a MacPro5,1 one. They changed nothing, it was still stuck after NVGK100hal etc etc. I also tried those smbios files with Clover, which had the same behavior as before and that is rebooting instead of getting stuck. It seemed to me the smbios doesn't influence anything in this case.

If I were to take a guess, I think the problem lies in the DSDT. How can an Alienware R4, not 3D, with Optimus that can't be controled, boot just fine and actually use the discrete NVIDIA when using iAtkos ML2? That's just a mystery...

IDDPioneer

IDDPioneer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

He is using Macbook Pro 5.1 which doesn't have any Intel GPU on it, I´m not very familiar with intel GPU´s but I know it need to be initialized in some way and one is based in the model from smbios. If your are using Macbook Pro 10.1 as your model, this model has an Intel GPU and an Nvidia GPU and the first in been activated is the Intel GPU, and it is the same in your system but ohhh!!! you don´t have any active Intel GPU, and for the Optimus experience we know that an Nvidia Card can´t be activated as a second one (I have read some theories about how optimus work). For the other side if you try to use your Intel GPU like any other Optimus user you can´t because there is not active.

Try using any other smbios like iMac13,1 or 13,2 or MacPro or simply use Macbook Pro 5.1 like he does, I know you will lost CPU Power management but is just for testing purpose. (Use NullCPUPowerManagemnt for avoid KP)

If you try iMac smbios use this "Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4" as your smboard in smbios.plist this.

My two cents
Good Luck

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks for the reply, I will try it here.

just for adding, I think I discovered some conflicts on IQRs and hardware addresses, see the files in the zip:
I put the files of a notebook with working acceleration and the mine (iddpioneer) for compare purposes
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9xgbk6

warlikewings

warlikewings

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I'm going to start with the basics for a second... built USB installer from retail app using a "mainstream" tool that I suppose isn't supposed to be mentioned here, but I'm sure it doesn't need to be. Lol.
Installed 10.8.3 update to that same USB installer, so I could avoid having to update during one of many install/mistake/re-install phases.

Computer is a Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7390 (info here http://us.toshiba.co...870/X875-Q7390/)

What is strange though, is I managed to get my nVidia GTX670M recognized in "About this MAC" without even trying. I ran the myHack (all options one at a time) no added kexts or tweaks yet, and all of the sudden my Graphics card shows up, with a system profile of "MacBook Pro 8,1" I will post a picture in a second. What I'm wondering, is it enough for OS X to be able to identify my card? What can I do now to ensure it will be fully supported with QE/CI assuming (and it seems like it isn't yet) that there is more to be done. Everything on my laptop is working fine OOB aside from Wi-Fi (intel wifi card isn't supported) Graphics (QE/CI), though I'm wondering if this theoretical quirk can count as progress, and sound (I use the Voodoo driver for that, so I'm not worried about it too much) everything else seems okay.

I did have to alter my installer though, removed the nVidia Resman kext from S/L/E and I make sure to do that on the system if and when I update.

I'm wondering if something in the myHack pack injected the correct information for my card into the drivers, and if the resman kext were in place before doing that again, if that would therefore also alter that kext to make my card fully supported.

I don't know. Thought I'd run it by you guys and see if I'm just dreaming, or if there is potential. Here's the screen shot as proof.

http://bit.ly/10OXtZj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy