Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi magnifico,

you should rescale background image to for your screen (by Preview.app) , but sorry, you can't change your screen resolution. It is EFI driver limitation.

Mouse pointer may not move if you forget to place MouseDxe in /EFI/drivers64/

Where is Mouse DXE ? First topic?

Help !

Installed Clover UEFI on laptop Asus n56vm.

The menu works ok . I can see and boot win 7 partition but can't see the Mlion partition (appears as a legacy partition and doesn't boot)

What I need to do ?

thanks in advance

Post #3

Screen shot 2012-11-01 at 15.34.51.png

Hi.

I have a Lenovo z570. I installed Clover to UEFI and I can successfully boot OS X ML. I installed a all of the drivers for UEFI64 as well as an extra driver for the Phoenix bios listed before in the forum. When I select Windows, Clover displays a a screen with a big Windows icon, but Windows never starts. I have tested the Windows partition and can verify that it does boot.

I have another question. When I try to boot off a USB with Chameleon installed I get this strange screen which is an zoomed Clover GUI and a flickering screen with artifacts. Is there a way to use Chameleon when UEFI is configured on the hard drive?

:king:

OK ... now Magnifico is very happy ..i use clover in UEFI Mode ..and boot is fast now

@Dmazar

you are a great, you've got a lot of patience with me. .. thank you very much for what you did.

But i have again answer

If set in bios Clover osx ( first boot) and disabled all Hd in boot priority ..work perfect...but that is a normal?

Win8 dont work ....but I don't care ... I can be without this odious OS... :wink2:

look screen

http://www.mediafire...7i36pprjvu2h8h4

:king:

OK ... now Magnifico is very happy ..i use clover in UEFI Mode ..and boot is fast now

@Dmazar

you are a great, you've got a lot of patience with me. .. thank you very much for what you did.

But i have again answer

If set in bios Clover osx ( first boot) and disabled all Hd in boot priority ..work perfect...but that is a normal?

Win8 dont work ....but I don't care ... I can be without this odious OS... :wink2:

look screen

http://www.mediafire...7i36pprjvu2h8h4

Do you have Windows 8 installed in UEFI-mode?

Hi all,

Need some help with this - I'm trying to migrate to Clover, but I can't even get the Clover UI to boot at all (the cursor just gets stuck there in a black screen). Am running R800 option.

Have installed the UEFI option on ML, with all the x64 drivers installed. The legacy boot option works perfectly, and installing Clover with BIOS functionality works too.

Thanks!

Good Morning

@Slice

@Dmazar

@ Fabio

I know for now only these developers

on my asus p8z68 deluxe mode 'UEFI BIOS will not let me go w8, w8 hd see from the gui, but when I click on this hd, my pc restarts .... you can study to find a solution to this problem ?

Ps: clover in mode uefi is superfast I noticed that 'more' fast Chameleon, and I'm getting serious

Using MOUSE

Since revision 750 there is mouse interface in Clover GUI.

In case of legacy boot (by boot0->boot1->boot) you must put a driver into the folder /EFI/drivers32 or /EFI/drivers64

PS2MouseDxe.efi

USBMouseDxe.efi

or even both of them. No conflict expected. Moreover, you can move pointer by two mouse simultaneously.

In case of UEFI boot you usually don't need in additional driver. It is already present in UEFI BIOS.

You must add into config.plist new values (new section)

<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
 <key>Speed</key>
 <string>8</string>
 <key>DoubleClickTime</key>
 <string>500</string>
</dict>

This values are typical and are good for most hardware. You may tune for your convenience for your values.

Your theme folder must contain an image for the pointer icons/pointer.png

Installer already contains images for all themes included.

How to use? I think there will be no problem: move, click, double-click, right-click in all menus and out of items.

Slice ..in uefi mode dont work my mouse.....trush my mouse?

@Taruga

Have you OsxLowMemFix.efi in /EFI/drivers64UEFI folder? What else here?

I only have these:

/EFI/drivers64UEFI/HFSPlus-64.efi

/EFI/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

/EFI/drivers64UEFI/OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

Note: After all, it's loading in UEFI mode but it takes 3 minutes to show up the clover GUI. Why does it take all this time ?!

Edited by Taruga

Slice ..in uefi mode dont work my mouse.....trush my mouse?

Mouse also does not work in UEFI mode for me. Builtin driver in Aptio UEFI does not behave as expected - no solution for that yet.

Regarding Win installed in BIOS mode - Clover can boot it on some motherboards, but not all. But Clover should be able to boot Win installed in UEFI mode.

Mouse also does not work in UEFI mode for me. Builtin driver in Aptio UEFI does not behave as expected - no solution for that yet.

Regarding Win installed in BIOS mode - Clover can boot it on some motherboards, but not all. But Clover should be able to boot Win installed in UEFI mode.

How install win in UEFI mode ???

Only curiosity

Edit i dont need install w8 ..resolve

PS: Friend ..so can delete for now from config.plist

<key>Pointer</key>

<dict>

<key>Speed</key>

<string>8</string>

<key>DoubleClickTime</key>

<string>500</string>

</dict>

You read my pm ?

I wait your news

:|

@Dmazar you are great again

<key>LegacyBoot</key>
<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>
</dict>

add This string in config.plist

And now W8 work perfect

First boot clover set in bios

First boot ocz vertex3 set in bios

:whistle: :whistle:

PS: Please Slice can you add this news in tutorial ?

Can anyone tell me why Clover takes about 3 minutes to get into the Clover GUI when booting in UEFI mode ?

What is the cause of this delay ?

what see ?

boot0: gpt

boot0 :test

ecc ecc

If you see this ..you dont install good clover in uefi mode

strong>ression.gif

@Dmazar you are great again

<key>LegacyBoot</key>
<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>
</dict>

add This string in config.plist

And now W8 work perfect

First boot clover set in bios

First boot ocz vertex3 set in bios

:whistle: :whistle:

PS: Please Slice can you add this news in tutorial ?

So if I understand you right, all I have to do to get Windows 8 to boot in Legacy is to add that line to the config.plist? I asked about this on the forum before and nobody responded. Some said that some motherboards when running Clover in UEFI mode wont be able to boot legacy. I already deleted my Windows 8 installation, and I don't want to install it again if it wont work.