Instant Reboot at the Apple Logo (Pre-Installation) (Vaio VPCEB46FG)

kushsolitary

85 posts in this topic

The only software I know for writing .raw image files is ImageWriter and in it, there is no option for writing as MBR. If I format the pd as FAT32, then writing it again will make it in GUID format.

I think I am just out of luck. It's 1am here so I am going to start off again in the morning with a fresh mind. I know it will work! You guys are awesome and thanks for your support!

Remove ApplePS2* kexts from S/L/E on USB and include -f in bootflags. Proper SMBIOS should solve ApplePolicyControl panic so that you do not have to remove it possibly leading to other issues. GraphicsEnabler=Y and =N both mentioned earlier, be sure your actually spelling it out properly as syntax is very important with boot flags, so should be GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No

Remove ApplePS2* kexts from S/L/E on USB and include -f in bootflags. Proper SMBIOS should solve ApplePolicyControl panic so that you do not have to remove it possibly leading to other issues. GraphicsEnabler=Y and =N both mentioned earlier, be sure your actually spelling it out properly as syntax is very important with boot flags, so should be GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No

Ok, I'll re write the image file to my USB and make necessary changes. I just hope my USB don't die by so many rewrites!

Btw, there are no ApplePS2*kexts, just some VoodooPS2 kexts in the Extension.mkext.

Extensions.mkext contents:
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
PXHCD.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

I don't know how to remove those Voodoo kexts from the mkext file

Still getting stuck at ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint. This must be the problem with voodoo kexts present in Extension.mkext. Is there any way to rebuild that mkext? Also, should I try putting custom ApplePS2* kexts?

Edited by kushsolitary

Why do you even have a mkext and/or any extension in your extra folder? If your installing Snow Leopard that would be normal, but Lion and ML don't use mkext anymore and even if chameleon can pre-load it, there's no reason to, and are adding additional stuff not needed to simply get through an installer. None of the voodoo are needed, use USB keyboard and mouse to install. PXHCD is for USB 3.0, not needed for install and not working in ML without rollback of other USB kexts anyway. Out of all those, only FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement and maybe AHCIPortIjector depending on your sata controller and who know's what versions those are. I would trash that whole thing. If you need a guide to follow with links/downloads for additional files that you may need, rockinron_1's guide is the most complete and user friendly The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X Mountain Lion + Chameleon + DSDT for beginners.

can you run OSX in a VM? You can then follow retail method from there as all that is really needed is Disk Utility and Terminal. In my experience, it's the only reliable way, and most other all in one, or "short cut" type installers end up taking 10 times longer by the time it's all said and done.

That's great news! Congrats!

Hi, kushsolitary!

Refer to this link, that gives a comprehensive step by step on how to instal Mountain Lion on any PC: The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X Mountain Lion + Cham...

Good Luck, and report back - i want to know what worked for you.

P.S.: beware of misleading titles: your problem is everything but an instant reboot. :)

I can't help it: i must remind you that i pointed you to the guide that in the end would solved your problem, and did it in the first page of this topic, lol. Good to know that you end up there anyway, and that it worked for you.

• Like 1

That's great news! Congrats!

I can't help it: i must remind you that i pointed you to the guide that in the end would solved your problem, and did it in the first page of this topic, lol. Good to know that you end up there anyway, and that it worked for you.

Oh yes just noticed :P I should have listened to you. Btw, nothing works on my laptop as of now (no trackpad, inbuilt keyboard, sound, wifi, video etc) so finding a solution for that. If you know any useful link, then share it :)

All stuff that would be expected not to work, and a lot of which was in that mkext from before (but none of it would have gotten installed anyway, would just have been there during the installation when you don't even need it). So as mentioned, post some specs, best would be to run lspci or system info.app(basically the same thing) from the new releases and downloads section. You will need java installed for system info.app and there for working internet. lspci can be transferd and installed from a thumb drive or something. Here it go!

LSPCI.zip

I finally made my wifi work, so systeminfo is downloading Java. Also, bluetooth was working OOB and I made my internal keyboard work too! Now just need the sound and graphics :D

I'll post the systeminfo as soon as it completes installation. Thanks guys!