Instant Reboot at the Apple Logo (Pre-Installation) (Vaio VPCEB46FG)

kushsolitary

85 posts in this topic

hello kushsolitary, congratulations, you have identified the problem why you not could install?? and what method of installation work for you!!!!

Yes! Thanks for your help :)

And here's my system info. Seems like making my 5650m will not work without windows because it requires the an EDID so I'll install windows later. Right now, I'll fix the sound. SOUND FIXED! Trackpad, brightness, battery and graphics left :D

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-01%20at%207.44.36%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-01%20at%206.43.50%20PM.png

Shades didn't worked for me. I think the brightness isn't working because I am booting with GraphicsEnabler=No. If I boot without it, I get stuck at "iobluetoothhcicontroller setconfigstate calling registerservice". I suppose there's a problem in the DSDT.

And, can I use SMBIOS of MacbookPro 8,1 rather than 6,1? Because when I click on "About this mac", it crashes to the login screen.

feel free to experiment with smbios, just give yourself a way to still boot if needed (a bootable clone using carbon copy cloner would be best). Shades would require graphics acceleration to be working, and so will many other things. Try booting with both as follows:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes ATIConfig=Hoolock

Finally, I am now getting full graphics acceleration with QE/CI. Everything is working fine except my memory card reader which I don't care about. So I am very happy now and thanks to you guys for helping me out. I never thought that I could install mac on my laptop but it's great that I did. I also installed windows side by side for other things (like playing dota 2 late night :D )

Here's the evidence:

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-03%20at%204.56.25%20PM.png

For those wondering how I enabled full QE/CI support and graphics acceleration, I just followed

this tutorial and extracted the EDID of my screen from Windows. After putting it on my mountain lion, I got the acceleration right away! I seriously love all you guys for helping me so much! I'll write a nice tutorial on hackintoshing this laptop soon for people just entering in the world of hackintosh.

Although sometimes I get KP backtracing to VoodooHDA.kext which is responsible for my sound but it's very rare (1 in 10 times) so not a problem.

Happy Hackintoshing everyone. Thank you very much

:)

Congratulations, and thanks for posting what finally worked. I was going to suggest EDID next, but as it can be a bit confusing at first, that was to be the last resort. You even got Messages working so assume appstore and stuff are working as well! For KP's be sure AppleHDA is either deleted or using HDA disabler. You can also try other versions of VoodooHDA, usually at least one of them will be fully stable.

I finally got it why KP was coming. When I use sleep, my laptop sleeps but when I try to wake it up, it just restarts and then the KP screen comes up. Also, App Store and everything is working just fine. I am using Photoshop, watching HD movies and playing games all are perfect. Just need to sort out this sleep thing.

now that's a bit trickier, you'll need native power management working, which means need a patched DSDT so that you can boot without NullCPUPowerManagment.kext.

AppleLPC.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext both loaded? you can get list of loaded extensions in terminal using kextstat. Just type "kextstat" without quotes and you can post it if you want and can take a look