Instant Reboot at the Apple Logo (Pre-Installation) (Vaio VPCEB46FG)

kushsolitary

85 posts in this topic

go for S/L/Caches folder and delete all contain of folder, what MAP of Partition you have Formated your USB , GUID or MBR?? POST a screenshot please!!!

Removed the cache. I just followed the instructions on olarila and used a software to write the downloaded .raw file to my USB. I think it is GUID. Here's the screenshot.

lLefX.png

P.S.: if it doesn't work, add -s boot flag (single user) and try this:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mkdir /intelhd_backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* /intelhd_backup

Then reboot. Maybe this is some problem with your Intel HD. That was common with Lion.

P.P.S.: type the commands exactly as written.

P.S.: if it doesn't work, add -s boot flag (single user) and try this:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mkdir /intelhd_backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* /intelhd_backup

Then reboot. Maybe this is some problem with your Intel HD. That was common with Lion.

I don't have Intel HD and I have already deleted the AppleIntelHD*.kext files alongwith ATI*.kext and NVDA*.kext .

Edit: My inbuilt keyboard doesn't work when using the -s flag. But the USB keyboard works!

See this

Sk2Vq.png

in the photo OS X INSTALL USB is very slow DISK danger limit, see if you not plug USB in port esata, use other port USB 2.0 and try again

I tried all three USB2.0 ports on my laptop

Wow, that's hard! :D

I'm assuming you have the latest chameleon installed, right? Older versions are unlikely to boot ML.

I used this http://www.olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1627 so I assume it is with working Chameleon version.

Are you sure 5650 has support ?

Because what you should if its not a Intel HD machine, is deleting all ATI kexts, install the system, delete them again, and then use modifed kexts.

Yes, check this http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.8_Seeds#ATI

Try change FakeSMC.kext, put this one in S/L/E USBInstaller and try again

FakeSMC.kext.zip

I am starting from scratch. I'll try this and report

Started from scratch, removed ApplePolicyControl.kext to remove the KP, then used the patched IOAPCIFamily.kext to get past the [PCI Configuration Begins]. This rolled back the problem to where it was started. But I just noticed that this problem arrives after "DSMOS has arrivied".

Xm4jd.jpg

There is no update to my BIOS (yet) otherwise I would have done that by now. I am now going to try creating the DSDT.aml file. Can you give me a link from where should I get started?

Thanks!

Do I need to patch my DSDT or just extract it and save?

Edited by kushsolitary