iCloud for AMD hackintoshes: a workaround.

theconnactic

71 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity, it messes Calendar and Mail in which way? Don't they work anymore after the user migration?

:wacko: sorry bro, i just remember the forbidden sign and don't remember what the system says when i tried to open them, my bad :wacko: i'll try it again and report back since i've deleted the user due to these problems.

I think they were replaced by the mountain lion ones, not sure... Maybe the config files were replaced and this messed things up, really don't know.

Edit: Found the problem! I did it again and noticed that the dock preferences was imported too. So i clean it up by using

defaults delete com.apple.dock

and

killall Dock

. :)

Edited by juliomoreira

• 7 months later...

Thought i'd better post the slim down version of what happens to here as well.

You can use theconnactic method of Migration of an Account or find a working Mac/Intel Hack create an account and copy these files.

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts:
yourappleid@id.com

~/Library/Keychains:
login.keychain

~/Library/Preferences:
MobileMeAccounts.plist

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought i'd better post the slim down version of what happens to here as well.

You can use theconnactic method of Migration of an Account or find a working Mac/Intel Hack create an account and copy these files.

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts:
yourappleid@id.com

~/Library/Keychains:
login.keychain

~/Library/Preferences:
MobileMeAccounts.plist

today i reinstall os (10.9.2). and when i copy my backup iCloud files i see errors again. i can't login to my iCloud. It works perfect before reinstall. 

today i reinstall os (10.9.2). and when i copy my backup iCloud files i see errors again. i can't login to my iCloud. It works perfect before reinstall. 

error was when i used rc6 kernel from bronya. but when i replaced it with kernel v2 from cabba, icloud succesfully conected to servers. after that no matter what kernel i use. icloud working with every kernel. and now i have working icloud on amd again.

error was when i used rc6 kernel from bronya. but when i replaced it with kernel v2 from cabba, icloud succesfully conected to servers. after that no matter what kernel i use. icloud working with every kernel. and now i have working icloud on amd again.

link to cabba kernel? thanks

hi guys...i haven't intel or real mac to apply duran method...how can i do to get work icloud ?i already tried everything....i accept every tips....thanks for your attention

with amd only with method in 1th post or Duran's manual (copy files)

to create these files someone of us will need your AppleID and password from it. I don't know will you be agree with that. As for me I will not give my Apple account to anyone. 

don't you have any friend with intel pc who can install virtual pc (VMware) and run mac os x (ready image for VMware http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4573825)??? google translator will help, i'm sure that you don't understand russian

• 2 months later...

Hi Duran,

sorry I have been busy, so I couldnt write earlier. I dont know where did my post go? Did you delete it?

So I got it to work, but I havent done anything from what you suggested. I did your method (copied files from real mac to hackintosh) and at first I got kernel panic. And the solution? Nothing, just had to wait :D, I know it sound weird, but after trying to boot like 5 times, It magically booted and boom, your solution works like magic bro :) Thanks so much for providing such an easy fix, really appreciate it. :)

Would anyone be willing to help me with creating these files? I tried every single tutorial on the internet to the letter and nothing worked. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

if you have a problem with iCloud and iMessage, then wait until Bronya has created a new kernel for Mavericks.

if you have another problem, then ask your question more precisely, so that someone can help you here

• 3 months later...

Strange.. but i can't get working iCloud on 10.10.1, using the latest BSA_rc2 kernel. Copy files like I do on Mavericks (iCloud works great!), but it anyway ask me to enter a password to confirm my account. I enter and window disappeared without any error.

Anyone know about such issue?