iCloud for AMD hackintoshes: a workaround.

AMD Lion iCloud Facetime

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Hey guys, as i've promised did a clean 10.8 install today and i can confirm it does not inherited the icloud problems. The only custom kexts it loaded was chameleon default fakesmc and the one for my atheros integrated ethernet beside that and the safeboot -x bootflag nothing was changed so i think we can assume that Game Center works OOB with latest ANV kernel.

Cheers...

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Thank you, Julio!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Deleted the post i made - it was a false alarm. Sorry, guys! :(

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Just for curiosity i tried to import a user that was imported from a real mac to a mountain lion installation on another partition to my current lion installation, the workaround seems to work as well but for some reason even with the applications folder unselected it messed up some stock applications such as calendar and mail. But again, this workaround works even from another system version, in this case from 10.8.3 to 10.7.5.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Out of curiosity, it messes Calendar and Mail in which way? Don't they work anymore after the user migration?

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Out of curiosity, it messes Calendar and Mail in which way? Don't they work anymore after the user migration?

:wacko: sorry bro, i just remember the forbidden sign and don't remember what the system says when i tried to open them, my bad :wacko: i'll try it again and report back since i've deleted the user due to these problems.

I think they were replaced by the mountain lion ones, not sure... Maybe the config files were replaced and this messed things up, really don't know.

Edit: Found the problem! I did it again and noticed that the dock preferences was imported too. So i clean it up by using
defaults delete com.apple.dock
and
killall Dock
. :)

Edited by juliomoreira, 05 May 2013 - 10:46 PM.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 471 posts
Thought i'd better post the slim down version of what happens to here as well.

You can use theconnactic method of Migration of an Account or find a working Mac/Intel Hack create an account and copy these files.
Spoiler

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I did with Duran method, and :D ... finally I can login iCloud on my AMD Machine, thanks again Duran and theconnactic (y) http://cl.ly/image/3k3J250Q0c32

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Thanks Duran!!! Working iCloud on AMD just after i copied files with your method from virtual machine. 

Also will be great to get working iMessage and Facetime. 

Savva_Mitrofanov

Savva_Mitrofanov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Hey guys sry for off topic , may be somebody has intel machine ? I wanna make iCloud , but i don't have any friends with intel or os x , so i'm requesting help here. Write me pm if you want to help me

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Thought i'd better post the slim down version of what happens to here as well.

You can use theconnactic method of Migration of an Account or find a working Mac/Intel Hack create an account and copy these files.

Spoiler

today i reinstall os (10.9.2). and when i copy my backup iCloud files i see errors again. i can't login to my iCloud. It works perfect before reinstall. 

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

today i reinstall os (10.9.2). and when i copy my backup iCloud files i see errors again. i can't login to my iCloud. It works perfect before reinstall. 

error was when i used rc6 kernel from bronya. but when i replaced it with kernel v2 from cabba, icloud succesfully conected to servers. after that no matter what kernel i use. icloud working with every kernel. and now i have working icloud on amd again.

Savva_Mitrofanov

Savva_Mitrofanov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Cause bronya's kernel have ssl error. also i saw this problem in latest bronya's ml kernel

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Cause bronya's kernel have ssl error. also i saw this problem in latest bronya's ml kernel

Спасибо за твоё ядро!

Thanks for your kernel!

mrjayviper

mrjayviper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

error was when i used rc6 kernel from bronya. but when i replaced it with kernel v2 from cabba, icloud succesfully conected to servers. after that no matter what kernel i use. icloud working with every kernel. and now i have working icloud on amd again.

link to cabba kernel? thanks

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

link to cabba kernel? thanks

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1985034

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

AFAIK with bronya rc6fix .. icloud is working  :)

icloud_flash.png

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

for me too)

mrjayviper

mrjayviper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

for me too)

what did you have to do to make it work? did you use any patched KEXTs? thanks :)

lpukraine

lpukraine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

what did you have to do to make it work? did you use any patched KEXTs? thanks :)

http://www.insanelym...-2#entry1976421

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD, Lion, iCloud, Facetime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy