519 posts in this topic

Thanks for the feedback guys.

v2.7.3 -> 2.7.4

- Update genconfig binary with a corrected PrintInteger (thanks Slice).

- Fix interface 'glitch' that was introduced when adding new vbios option in v2.7.3.

- Replace macgap app (for user interface) with 32-bit version.

- Add Mav name for 10.9.

- Update lspci executable to v3.2.0 (compiled by xsmile).

Download Link

Please report any issues.

• Like 1

Please note: I've just been informed that the Firmware Memory Map dump option causes 10.9 DP1 (on hackintoshes, not real Macs) to lock up.

EDIT: I've installed 10.9 DP1 now and I've noticed a couple of changes needed for it..  I will release another version when I can.

@All - The FirmwareMemoryMap dtrace script is causing a hang on some 10.9 DP1 systems and not others an I don't know why. The script itself is fine, so maybe it's the use of dtrace itself in some situations is causing the problem.

I need to gather some info from different users to try to narrow down what the problem may be. So I would like to ask anyone who reads this and is running 10.9 DP1 and wants to help to please report whether or not the FirmwareMemoryMap dtrace script completes without a hang or not. If it completes then please post the DarwinDumper report (using the Private option if you want by ticking the Make Dumps Private checkbox) or anything else you think may help figure out why a hang may occur. And if you do experience a hang, then maybe post a DarwinDumper report from ML where it worked?

Here's a special version of DarwinDumper which has the strings executable included (so the Diskutil & loader dump works without having to install the Xcode developer command line tools).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: For example, could this be an issue with only Asus users? 

DarwinDumper_v2.7.5_MavTest.zip

v2.7.4 -> 2.7.5

- Amend gatherDiskUtilLoaderinfo.sh to run on 10.9. 

- Added Apple's strings executable for those that don't have Apple Developer command line tools installed.

- Changed genconfig binary for a 32-bit version.

- Add some checks and log file messages.

- Revise UI help page by adding symlink info.

- Revise UI FirwamreMemoryMap option text and it's corresponding info page to notify the user about possible hang on 10.9 DP1.

- Recompile MacGap to use a Minimum system version of 10.5.
  • Like 1

It works just fine.

2.7.5 Mavtest.

Attached below ;)

And this is final 2.7.5 on Mavericks (after my tweaks to the OS).

It works fine ;)

Pleased to announce, so does Mavericks DP1 :D

DarwinDumper_2.7.5_MavTest_Clover_X64_1858_Mav_andyvand.zip

DarwinDumper_2.7.5_Clover_X64_1858_Mav_andyvand.zip

Thanks for the feedback Fabio71 and Andy.

I see you're using an Asus board Andy so that rules out any generalisation that the FirmwareMemoryMap dump is problem on those (which is good).

I have not heard any other reports from users where the system hangs after the FirmwareMemoryMap dtrace script is run. 

• 2 weeks later...

Blackosx,

Could you please add the following command to convert the EDID.bin file into a pure binary EDID.hex file?

xxd -r -p EDID.bin > EDID.hex

This way the end user gets a flat binary EDID file.

It is required for software like my FixEDID program.

Let me know... ;)

Thanks...

Hi Andy.

I've seen your recent EDID work with your but not yet tried it.. Will do when I get some time.

But I've added the hex conversion of the EDID.bin in the latest commit and it will be in v2.7.6 :)

Thanks a lot.

This will help some users ;)

v2.7.5 -> 2.7.6

- Fix bug when adding Clover Firmware Log to HTML report.
- Update IORegistryWebViewer to use jquery-1.9.1.
- Update jstreegrid.js to latest version.
- Fix IORegistryWebViewer issue of duplicate tree data being shown after closing and re-opening a node in the right side tree.
- Added hex conversion of EDID.bin to EDIDDump directory.
- Update ioregwv binary to latest version (now much faster). Allowing removal of processIoregDumps shell script.
- Recompile MacGap using OS X Deployment target of 10.5.

I have a question about the SMC Keys.

Apple uses .smc files to flash it.  The attached file is from apple smc & firmware update site.

Do u have a way to produce such output with DarwinDumper?

Hi jalavoui

I understand the file you've posted can be extracted from an SMC firmware update from Apple's EFI and SMC firmware updates page. That one (v1.4f12) looks like it's from a MacBook. However, I don't understand the contents of that file and also, if I could get DarwinDumper to produce a file like this, what benefit would it bring?

If you can supply more info then I can look in to this further.

Thanks

• Like 1

@All - The FirmwareMemoryMap dtrace script is causing a hang on some 10.9 DP1 systems and not others an I don't know why. The script itself is fine, so maybe it's the use of dtrace itself in some situations is causing the problem.

I didn't hear any other reports about system hangs with DP1 with the FirmwareMemoryMap dtrace script.

And I've just noticed with 10.9 DP2 that my system doesn't hang after running the FirmwareMemoryMap dtrace script so I guess this issue can be forgotten.

v2.7.7 -> 2.7.8

- Bootloader config file search to now include xpc_patcher.plist and xpc_smbios.plist

- Update privacy routine to mask data in xpc_smbios.plist.

- Update privacy routine to mask data in CurrentCloverBootedConfig.plist.

- Update privacy routine to handles multiple instances of the same string in a file.

- Updated bdmesg tool to modified version by STLVNUB for dumping Clover boot log.

- Remove genconfig tool and adjust the script to find a locally installed version in /usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig which will have been installed by the Clover installer. 

- Removed note from Firmware Memory Map dump about possible system hang in 10.9 DP1.

- Updated the user interface info pages to reflect latest changes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the report alexanderq but it's working fine here in 10.9 DP4.

post-331032-0-68225200-1374816104_thumb.png

The only difference I see is when running certain dumps, we are now prompted to acknowledge loading of the kexts due to Mavericks' new kext procedures.

• 3 weeks later...
v2.7.8 -> 2.7.9

- Disabled MacGap's Command-Quit keyboard event as this previously left the main DarwinDumper.app and scripts running.

- Add implementation to give the user the option to choose a different path for the DarwinDumperReports directory.

- CSS for disk partition and ioreg sections is only added to the HTML report if the respective dumps have been done.

- Added some initial CSS specifically for IE.

- Fix and adjust the kext list dump in the HTML report.

- Fix info button placement in UI for Mavericks.

- Remove the requirement of plistbuddy and therefore the included SL version.

- Compile and add SL version of Andy Vandijck's getcodecid. It works but has a memory leak (as noted by Slice http://bit.ly/16f8uGp ).

- Fix calling getdump tool when running from a directory with spaces.

- Revised MacGap binary to not spew [WebDynamicScrollBarsView setVerticalScrollElasticity:] errors when run on OS X 10.6.

- Check for existence of video bios file before decoding.

- Updated pci.ids database.
  • Like 1

Hi TimeWalker75a

Thanks for reporting this issue.

The produced dump file SystemInfo/AudioCodecID.txt is populated using Andy Vandijck's getcodecid binary. Andy states it requires either VoodooHDA / AppleHDA to be present and it works fine here without VoodooHDA.

If you have a blank AudioCodecID.txt file, can you please try running the binary by itself to see if it produces a result? Maybe try the binary in DarwinDumper.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/getcodecid and the binary from Andy's thread to see if there's a difference between them?