I've added DarwinDumper to a Git repository and started using BitBucket as it allows hosting downloads as opposed to GitHub which does not.
Please note, that although you can checkout the source files, it still needs to be wrapped in to an application bundle with Platypus. Therefore, I have added a link to download the latest Platypus wrapped application, version 2.6.8, to the opening post.
The good news is, as of v2.6.8, the DarwinDumper user interface will now notify you when an update is available.Changes from 2.6.5 -> 2.6.6
- Added detection for MBR code - Debian for ARM - used on Raspberry Pi.
- Added detection for PBR code - Linux FAT32.
- Privatise option now masks efivar MLB and ioreg serial-number.
- Privatise option now masks serial and custom UUID numbers from all Chameleon, Clover and XPC bootloader .plist files it finds.
- Startup and shutdown scripts (/etc/rc.local & /etc/rc.local.shutdown) are now saved without .txt extension. Removed hyperlink to view files from the HTML report.
- User selections made in the UI are now saved and restored on next run.
- The DarwinDumperReports folder is now saved to directly instead of using /tmp.
- The dump folder, for example: DarwinDumper_2.6.6_Apple_X64_ML_JonDoe is now written inside an enclosing indexed, time stamped folder with the Mac model name. For example, 000_2013-03-05_15-08-28_MacPro5,1. This removes the need to move and archive previous dumps at the end of the script.
- Improved command line feedback and usage info.
- Added option to create/update/delete symlink from the user interface.
- Added simple check for version updates with download link for newer version shown in user interface.
- Window now has Animation - Alert Style.
- Disabled the top/bottom rubber band scrolling.
- Fixed issue where window contents could be scrolled left with magic mouse.
- Unselected options now appear in grey, selected options now appear in a highlighted colour.
- Options now have hover attribute so it's easier to identify which option to click.
- Archive options re-arranged with 'Don't Archive' at the top.
- Added Symlink option to left side menu.Changes from 2.6.6 -> 2.6.7
- Revise server path and search term used when checking for updates.Changes from 2.6.7 -> 2.6.8
- Fix previous change in 2.6.7 that did not work and was flawed. Script now checks the BitBucket Downloads section for newer version updates.
Please report any bugs.