• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

AriX

AriX

InsanelyGeeky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
I don't know much about the coding stuff (Starting to get into it a bit), but I thought that you couldn't use Inerface Builder if you used java, only with Cocoa...

SaberSHO

SaberSHO

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 156 posts
From my understanding, you theoretically could write the interface in cocoa and then make a cocoa-java bridge to your code. But that is very clunky and in the end is just wasting time. The only time you would use java as opposed to cocoa is if you are writing a multi-platform app. But this app is only for mac, so it makes little sense to use Java. Plus, objective-c is actually a really really nice language that takes the power of C and object oreinted programing and puts it in a very nice package. Since learning objetive-c, i have realized how much I dislike C++ or C#. I used to be all about java as well, so im not just saying this as a C-fanboy. But i think im getting this thread off topic. My bad Cen ;)

Booptorsshego

Booptorsshego

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Playing sports
hmmmm
so does that mean we shouldnt submit it in the feature requests forum
or we should submit it in both places
or only submit it there once people think its cool in here?

and at aeal5566 completely ignoring this whole post and posting his feature request here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy