Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Mohamed, we usually set our SATA mode to RAID when we haven't AHCI as an option, since RAID implies AHCI. This workaround has been successfully used in a plethora of old motherboards. I confess i didn't read carefully your posts though: do you want to use RAID as a workaround for AHCI, or do you really want to use RAID for what it is/does?

i have two hard disks 500 gb on raid mode for windows and data

and 640 HDD single for osx and ubuntu and storage

-----

so when using windows must be on raid mode

but raid mode give me panic under osx :(

so must change to ACHI or ide to by pass this panic

to me achi mode some times boots and some times still waiting for root

so the stable mode is ice mode using appleatiata.kext ported to snowleopard by andyvand :)

but this kext may some time rarely stop from working during using osx

-------

so my question is raid mode on yours pc does this panic ?

will picture it now and upload it :)

Mohamed here we treat only Mountain Lion AMD kernel, please

delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from S / L / E

maybe your system will boot

than start with boot flag -s

ooops forget to sorry about off topic :(

appleintelcpupowermanagment is black listed by kernel so it isn't the cause

as i remeber from long time about 3 years nearly on 10.5 the raid mode was working for me on m4a78t-e motherboard

and tried to jump to 10.6 was having panic and confused about cause till discovered that the cause is raid mode

so question again is raid mode works for yours ?

Hi, I have a massive problem, I use ML 10.8.0 and I want to update to 10.8.1 and finally 10.8.2.

the install, I get the following error message;

OS X update can not be installed on this drive. This volume does not meet the prerequisites for this update

What can I do? to solve that problem?

could it possibly be the problem when booting the modified AMD ML kernel??

Hi, I have a massive problem, „!“ I use ML 10.8.0 and I want to update to 10.8.1 and finally 10.8.2.

the install, I get the following error message;

"OS X Update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update"

What can I do? to solve that problem?

could it possibly be the problem when booting the modified Mountain Lion AMD kernel??

spakk, you probably shouldn't do that, the connactic kernel is only for 10.8.0

you ninja'd me, theconnactic. And wow... if that's what I think it is, our job just got a whole lot easier. What's that source from?

• Like 1

Looks like some kind of public server, which i found accidentally when searching for instructions emulation-related content. Let's explore it? I strongly suggest you all to download this page, store in the reading list etc, nothing guarantees that this server won't be closed anytime soon. Lets take this possible opportunity!

• Like 1

spakk, you probably shouldn't do that, the connactic kernel is only for 10.8.0

you ninja'd me, theconnactic. And wow... if that's what I think it is, our job just got a whole lot easier. What's that source from?

OK

Looks like some kind of public server, which i found accidentally when searching for instructions emulation-related content. Let's explore it? I strongly suggest you all to download this page, store in the reading list etc, nothing guarantees that this server won't be closed anytime soon. Lets take this possible opportunity!

that would be really cool if it work for AMD Phenom II X6, great work

Hello, I readthrough the forum and saw you need a bulldozer tester. I have a fully working intel mac and alot of free time. So if you provide me with a kernel, kexts and boot flags to use I'll get straight to work

Great! Do you have a Bulldozer CPU? Which model? I attached the latest beta kernel in this topic, i'll find it for you. Thank you for stepping in! :)

P.S.: Don't forget to join us in Irc, server irc.osx86.hu, room #LegacyKernel

P.P.S.: The beta kernel is at the post #118

Yes, I have a FX-8120, gtx 560ti which works with chameleon with GraphicsEnabler and my motherboard is Asus sabertooth 990fx so if there would be any problems so we can find out if its caused by the onboard controllers (lan,audio etc.)

download with http://sitesucker.so.../mac/download�� :moil: I suck already ..........

'theconnactic'

I thought you wrote the SSSE Emulator

Looks like the stuff you found is built on Linux stuff, so that's a start at least.

The ssse3 emulator, if it exists, would be by its own definition platform-agnostic. :)

First, however, we need to find out if the ssse3 in fact exists. It should, because it's implied in the code i posted.

• Like 1

Been trying to get a Pentium-D to boot ML. Couldn't get anywere with a vanilla kernel. The only kernel I could get to boot was an 10.8.0 atom kernel, but it immediately died with a corecrypto panic related to ssse3. I managed to patch corecrypto to use the non ssse3 versions of the problem functions, but then an integrity test failed (I'm assuming because I modified it) and caused corecrypto to not load. So I patched the integrity test and now all tests pass and corecrypto seems to be happy. Everything seems to work fine now until it tries to start launchd. "Kernel is LP64" is where it stops. It's not frozen, just isn't doing anything (reacts when I pull the usb stick out). I'm assuming that there are more ssse3 instructions causing problems.

EDIT:

Removed patch

• Like 2

NEW BETA KERNEL!

Will post the diff later (UPDATE: here it is XNU.diff.zip). Only one change, i added cpu_infop->vector_unit = 6 to the bottom of the if/else that starts at line 424 of MachineRoutines.c.

All credits to bholland, it was him that created this workaround.

Test it. Post reports and pics. Boot with connatic (yeah, with a typo). connatic.zip

• Like 3