Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

install the OpenGL Extensions Viewer and see if the video memory = 0 MB appears for your graphics card or the actual video memory size is displayed and upload here the Pic, please

Here it is:

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-21%20at%203.59.04%20PM.png

• Like 1

it calls into question a lot of thought received, it goes back to CPUID simply nothing that the name "AMD CPU" prevents it from working properly in x86_64.

It makes some sense but remember that we have some ATI/AMD users with their systems working OOB(i think that the glitches are related to another problem).

hello Bronya , :)

Peut-tu regarder pastbin , j'ai volontairement bloqué mon PC Intel avec GraphicsEnabler=No (écran noir et bloqué) sur core2duo/NV 9600m :)

Can you look pastbin I intentionally blocked my PC with Intel GraphicsEnabler=No (black screen and stuck) on core2duo/NV 9600m :)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5688348/

Hello ! I look . Why ** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider ?? ))

For GraphicsEnabler - i dunno :(

I have an Hackintosh GA-P35-DS3R with Intel core duo processor and insert my Nvidia GTX550Ti and than install Mountain Lion ( currently installed Leopard 10.5), then activate IORegistryExolorer, it will help them further, bronzovka??

Interesting ! :)

I think maybe problem GraphicsEnabler on AMD =))))

Bronya your latest 10.7.5 kernel works a wonder on an aged XW8200 dual Xeon Nocona 10 gb ram, a no/name GTS210 10a60

full QE/QC but I couldn't get QE/QC with an Asus 210 10a65.

For the rest all is running perfectly well.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I have once again played around on my hackintosh and noticed something strange that I can not explain.

I have modified my graphics driver such as: NVDAResman.kext, Natit.kext, NVDAGF100Hal.kext, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, AppleGraphicsControl.kext, IOGraphicsFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext, OpenGL.framework, GPUSupport.framework and my Chameleon.boot.plist with EfiString

then I started the current ##### and made ​​the OpenCL patch and a few other modifications.

When I did started the first, the mask appeared with the password entry, after I typed my password, the screen went black and OpenCL Error message was displayed several times on the screen.

renewed after boot with password prompt Mountain Lion has started very slowly into the desktop and stand still without kernel panic, see pictures

Unfortunately I was not able to start the Viewer OpenCL to prove the function. I will continue to monitor and check the morning so that the system boots as income.

After I started renews the system and the password prompt Apparitions and have typed my password, the structure of the desktop is set up very slowly

at the second time, however, Mountain Lion is very sluggish to the desktop without kernel panic,

Unfortunately I was not able to start the OpenCL Viewer, since the structure of the desktop expired in slow-motion process.

I can no proof at the moment.

I need to find out whey the structure of the desktop is set up in slow-motion process.

The graphics are very good, unfortunately I can not start any tools / programs because the system is very sluggish

I took a few pictures, I'll upload the pictures tomorrow

Edit:

The two pictures show the situation after a long boot, the desktop after about half an hour, without all apps function well without a kernel panic!

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6105.JPG

so now I have run the "AutoAPBDecrypt 1.1, the automatic Apple Protected Binary DecryptorTool" by Andy and made ​​these adjustments #11 and these #16 .

Mountain Lion can boot without problems without system crash, etc. Then I run the DarwinDumper and found into the OpenCLinfo.txt file under Global Memory PCIe 0 MB,

1 OpenCL platform found!
[Platform 0]
    Name:				   Apple
    Vendor:				 Apple
    Version:			    OpenCL 1.2 (Aug 24 2012 00:53:09)
    Profile:			    FULL_PROFILE
    Extensions:					 cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor
								    cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions
								    cl_APPLE_clut
								    cl_APPLE_query_kernel_names
								    cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
								    cl_khr_gl_event
1 OpenCL device found!
[Device 0]
    Name:				   AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor
    Vendor:				 Intel
    Type:				   CPU
    Device Version:		 OpenCL 1.2
    Driver Version:		 1.1
    Compute Units:		  6
    Work Group Size:	    1024
    Clock:				  3724 MHz
    Global Memory (Total):  16384 MB
    Global Memory (Host):   16384 MB
    Global Memory (PCIe):   0 MB
    Local Memory:		   32 KB
    Cache Size:			 0.0625 KB
    Cache Line Size:	    131206416 Bytes
    Available:			  Yes
    Double-Precision:	   Yes
    Extensions:
						    cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor
						    cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions
						    cl_APPLE_clut
						    cl_APPLE_query_kernel_names
						    cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
						    cl_khr_gl_event
						    cl_khr_fp64
						    cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics
						    cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics
						    cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics
						    cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics
						    cl_khr_byte_addressable_store
						    cl_khr_int64_base_atomics
						    cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics
						    cl_khr_3d_image_writes
						    cl_APPLE_fp64_basic_ops
						    cl_APPLE_fixed_alpha_channel_orders

see DarwinDumper.zip file, the Global Memory PCIe value should be 3072 MB !

I googled and found this post here, I hope this Information will help.

DarwinDumper_2.3.6_Chameleon_2.1X64_ML_spakk.zip

• Like 1

I'm new to reports. My latest gimmicks to show that I am very close to the target. The Global Memory PCIe value is displayed correctly = 3072MB with boot flag: -x

see pictures, the tool OpenCL Benchmark OceanWave V1, 2 shows me the first time to the correct value, Smbios, CPU and the graphics card with the Nvidia Smbol.

but the system is by some reason very limp on the legs! B) I need to find the cause. :whistle:

Edit:

Accordingly, the device ID and vendor ID of the video card should be inserted into the info.plist of IONDRVSupport.kext, then the correct value of the memory appears I need to consider to what I've adjusted.

Edit:

also the tool GET_ATI_NVIDIA_VRAM_V09 is confirmed me the correct Memory value, too :D

IMG_6109a.jpg

IMG_6111a.jpg

IMG_6112a.jpg

IMG_6113a.jpg

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

hello spakk, i found your problem - it is cache size and cache line size of null zero!!!

If zero , no correct working kext ! what kernel ???

hi Bronzovka , thanks for the quick response, it is the current "amd_kernel" by Andy Vandijck.

How can I fix the problem?

Edited by spakk