Booting Mountain Lion on an Asus UX32VD

85 posts in this topic

Still no working touchpad. Anyone can point me in the direction of a working kext for 64-bit ML?

Two options:

1. Remove the ApplePS2Trackpad kext in the Plugins folder of the ApplePS2Controller kext and rebuild your kernel cache. Doing this allows the ApplePS2Mouse plugin to control the trackpad like a simple mouse (no gestures, etc)
  2. Join the development testing of an Elan trackpad driver at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282328-elan-touchpad-driver/

Two options:

1. Remove the ApplePS2Trackpad kext in the Plugins folder of the ApplePS2Controller kext and rebuild your kernel cache. Doing this allows the ApplePS2Mouse plugin to control the trackpad like a simple mouse (no gestures, etc)

2. Join the development testing of an Elan trackpad driver at http://www.insanelym...ouchpad-driver/

Awesome, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get this working successfully?

I got it to boot after install via -x with ###### 1.4. I tried various ways and could not get it to dual boot W7 x64. Anyone have any success with Dual Booting W7?

There's a new BIOS update (211) since the posts I found on this thread. Anyone have an updated DSDT with working fixes? I appreciate everyone's help and feedback on here.

Thank you,

TD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, nhart12:

I have the same Asus UX31A as yours.

Thanks for your help by using UB 1.4 after several trials and errors I have successfully installed 10.8_GM in a USB Flash. Then add /Extra and install Chameleon v.2012 I can boot safe (-x) to complete the installation and input personal setup.

The remaining problems are :

1. HD4000 not enabled yet and I get 1024 x 768 resolution only.

2. No ethernet or WiFi yet

3. No audio input or output yet

4. Occasionally hang at "Waiting for Root Device" on booting

5. No kernelcache

A long way to go.

Thanks again !

[solved]

1. HD4000 need add "device property" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (solution from another board)

2. Use USB->Ethernet cable now and got 100 Mbps or use D-Link DWA-140 USB WiFi adapter for wireless

3. install VoodooHDA 2.7.2 showed sound icon and setup, after patching VoodooHDA.kext and proper Audio Midi setup finally get output sound from speaker and headphone, and internal Mic for input. No more USB Earphone/Mic.

4. Only one USB flash during booting is allowed. The other USB devices can be pluged later after successful boot.

5. Need delete 2 kexts from /S/L/E : one in IOBluetoothFamily's PlugIn and another one is IOUSBAttachSCSI

At last I got a working Zenbook plus USB WiFi/Flash devices almost full function as a MacBook Air/Pro now !

Hi, I know this is an older post, but which PlugIn did you delete in IOBluetoothFamily?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll make sure to write up a How-To if I get OSX running on this model.

We hope for your How-To :P

Anyway, I'm reading this thread and trying to figure out what versions are used (I try with mlosx86 but no result atm still stuck on installer)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...