80 posts in this topic

Latest

There is another work on the same topic in tonymacx86, http://www.tonymacx8...er-mac-osx.html

I will have a try tonight or later.

Note: they released kexts for Lion and Mountain Lion, source code in https://github.com/EMlyDinEsHMG/ElanTouchpad-Driver/

Status

Just started, very beginning(yes, I mean not much functions work by now).

For V3, single finger movement and taptoclick should work.

It's a development thread for now, not for final end users!

If you want to help this topic, please join!

Target

This thread is focused on Elan touchpad(at least for ASUS laptops), not for others.

Code

Code Base: https://github.com/AppleLife/VoodooPS2

(Thanks Slice, THe KiNG, AndyV and all people who contributed to VoodooPS2)

Relative talk: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1937

My repo: https://github.com/liangqi/VoodooPS2/

My change: https://github.com/l...21f16bd0dd3e1a5

Note: this change will allow people to build code on 10.7 + Xcode 4.4 and 10.8 + Xcode 4.4, but I only tested the VoodooPS2ElanTrackpad.kext on 10.8. Need someone to verify whether it works on 10.7 or not.

Reference

Elan linux driver:

Documentation:

elantech.txt http://git.kernel.or...ech.txt;hb=HEAD

event-codes.txt http://git.kernel.or...des.txt;hb=HEAD

Source code:

elantech.h http://git.kernel.or...ntech.h;hb=HEAD

elantech.c http://git.kernel.or...ntech.c;hb=HEAD

input.h http://git.kernel.or...input.h;hb=HEAD

Elan freebsd driver: freebsd.zip, got from akbar102

check attachment now, will update as links when I found

By now, I think linux driver is better than freebsd one.

Environment

My work env: 10.8.1 + Xcode 4.4.1 / 10.7.4 + Xcode 4.4

My test env: 10.8.1 + Xcode 4.4.1

Laptop: ASUS A43SV/K43SV

Finished

please check the commit msg in above link of "My change".

Todo

1. at least by now, we found Apple hasn't released any api for multitouch device, you could find this, /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/

2. then what we could do for now, only provide functions which are in IOHIPointing, you can consider it is a mouse device. I will try 2 fingers taptoclick for right button click, and 2 fingers scroll for h/v scroll

3. we should use the settings in System Preferences/TrackPad, at least the "Tracking Speed"

4. And I think current one is "very" unstable, not sure about the reason....

Attachments

1. AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

2. ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

3. ApplePS2Controller-10.7build.kext.zip - build on 10.7 + Xcode 4.4(build with f14d012285e1e1218187f16ff21ddc462219294b)

4. ApplePS2Controller-10.8build.kext.zip - build on 10.8 + Xcode 4.4(build with a4f3acc85beb848007dde5ad721f16bd0dd3e1a5, latest)

Test Tasks

0. please mention your laptop model, OS X version, Xcode version with your log, if same contents happened multiple times, pls only paste one here, thanks.

1. verify about whether ApplePS2Controller-10.7build.kext.zip and ApplePS2Controller-10.8build.kext.zip work fine or not on 10.8 - Finished by me

2. verify about whether ApplePS2Controller-10.7build.kext.zip and ApplePS2Controller-10.8build.kext.zip work fine or not on 10.7

3. or maybe someone could try to use them on 10.6

4. could you introduce more info about your elan touchpad? for example, how many buttons on it? what are the available options for it on Windows?

How I test

(NOTE: you need to have an external usb mouse to work on OS X!)

0. build my code

1. I am using the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext(in /S/L/E) from Multi.Beast. 5.0.2, also included in attachement

2. remove the ApplePS2Mouse.kext and ApplePS2Trackpad.kext from /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins

3. copy the VoodooPS2ElanTrackpad.kext(for Xcode 4.4, it should be sth like ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/VoodooPS2-abcdefg....../Build/Products/Debug/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns) into above position, /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins

4. run Kext Utility to fix the permission and update the kernel cache.

5. reboot the machine and check system.log in Console, what I got now:

https://gist.github.com/3614140

Note: in the log, left button click, right button click, 1 finger tap to click, 1 finger movement(for v3 hardware). 2 fingers and 3 fingers maybe cause some kernel crash or no response, need to reboot the machine

freebsd.zip

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

ApplePS2Controller-10.7build.kext.zip

ApplePS2Controller-10.8build.kext.zip

Edited by Cavendish Qi

Advertisement

Nhart12,

I believe one must first:

1. Install Xcode;
  2. Download the code from the GitHub;
  3. Compile the code;
  4. Install the product;
  5. Report the results.

I for being n00b in Xcode haven't manage to compile it, but I'll get to it soon.

how can i help?

for example,

1. read my code and the linux code, try to find my error.

2. read the linux code, understand more which I haven't tried yet, and explain them here

^_^

Ya Im working on compiling it in xcode but am still looking where to find the IOKit libraries and the other libraries that are included.. Im familiar with C++ so hopefully i can be sort of helpful

I am stuck at following code:

static int elantech_set_input_params(struct psmouse *psmouse)
{

__set_bit(INPUT_PROP_POINTER, dev->propbit);
__set_bit(EV_KEY, dev->evbit);

about input_dev, please see http://git.kernel.or...input.h;hb=HEAD

Found some relative info, reference in top post, input.h and event_codes.txt, I think "setProperty" on osx should be similar things, but not very clear about it yet.

Edited by Cavendish Qi

Log output Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A..

Aug 28 16:59:46 Nathans-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] init

Aug 28 16:59:46 Nathans-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] probe

Aug 28 16:59:46 Nathans-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Elantech magic knock: [ 0x3c, 0x03, 0x00 ]

Aug 28 16:59:46 Nathans-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Elantech version query result : [ 0x36, 0x1f, 0x02 ]

Aug 28 16:59:46 Nathans-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x361f02)

Aug 28 16:59:46 Nathans-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Synaptics capabilities query result 0x00, 0x15, 0x0e.

Aug 28 16:59:46 Nathans-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] it's ok by now.

I've changed the references from 10.8 to 10.7, compiled and followed the instruction. (thanks for the help nhart12)

After boot the keyboard and mouse were gone. After plugging in a USB keyboard and mouse to open Console found nothing there referring to ApplePS2 or Elan.

I'm not a programmer so I don't know if this was because I was using 10.7 or if I messed up anything when configuring for it.

Removed everything and put it all back as before, but placed the Elan kext I compiled inside my VoodooPS2 kext plugin folder. Still nothing in the console, but at least I got keyboard and mouse back to original state.

Will this driver work with every touchpad or just with certain touchpads?

This is for Elan Tech on the Asus laptops.

I don't believe Cavendish has yet determine how many Elan touchpad models will support.

Donations to support your time and effort?

Thanks, but I am not that confident whether I could finish this task or not yet. Maybe we could decide it later.

inside the Alpsmultitouch in your repo in my previous post there is example of this port.

thx, I will try to compare them later. Could you remove the code section in your previous post?

For alps linux driver:

Documentation: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/input/alps.txt;hb=HEAD

Code:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=blob;f=drivers/input/mouse/alps.h;hb=HEAD

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=blob;f=drivers/input/mouse/alps.c;hb=HEAD

4. Is there any latest ASUS laptop(Ultrabook) user? Could you confirm whether this thing is still valid on your laptop?

I have been testing this on the Zenbook Prime UX31A. seems to output the same as yours does as you can see from above

2. verify about whether ApplePS2Controller-10.7build.kext.zip and ApplePS2Controller-10.8build.kext.zip work fine or not on 10.7

I will test on 10.7 tonight around 22h Lisbon time and post the results here. Thank you for letting me help! :)

2. looks like I should setup linux and build the elan driver to get debug output to verify whether my osx code works same or not

I have Ubuntu 12.04 with Linux kernel 3.2.0-27-generic on the same machine and I know something about compiling my own kernel from when I used Slackware. How can i help?

I have been testing this on the Zenbook Prime UX31A. seems to output the same as yours does as you can see from above

Would you like edit #7 to add your laptop model and OS X version there? also please remove the repeated logs, thx.

I will test on 10.7 tonight around 22h Lisbon time and post the results here. Thank you for letting me help! :)

I have Ubuntu 12.04 with Linux kernel 3.2.0-27-generic on the same machine and I know something about compiling my own kernel from when I used Slackware. How can i help?

Please do the step 1 first, if ok. Then try to add some printk in elantech.c , and check whether we got some output values.

BTW, I will be out for 2 days from tomorrow, maybe could back to this work on Sunday.

@Cavendish Qi

about alps touchpad

this alps multitouch kext isnt complete it makes some alps devices to work on intellimouse mode

not on absolute mode

and this driver is old and when developed there was no good driver under lunix was developed

now there is good driver under lunix but no one continued developing it

i am not programing this is the bad thing

you can find alps driver under alps.c on lunix kernel

i hope you help on this also :)

here same thing:

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] init

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] probe

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Elantech magic knock: [ 0x3c, 0x03, 0x00 ]

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Elantech version query result : [ 0x45, 0x0f, 0x01 ]

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] assuming hardware version 3 (with firmware version 0x450f01)

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Synaptics capabilities query result 0x78, 0x15, 0x0c.

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Touchpad range query result 0, 0, 2508, 1320, 0.

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] pktsize result 6.

Aug 30 09:37:34 localhost kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] it's ok by now.

but the trackpad does no move. kext is loaded.

samsung 300e4a-bd1

@Cavendish Qi

about alps touchpad

..:

you can find alps driver under alps.c on lunix kernel

i hope you help on this also :)

Thanks, but this is not about the ALPS pluggin for the PS2 controller.

This thread is to develop a plugin for the Elan.

And yes we will be looking up Linux driver, which by the way works perfect for me.

We would love if you could help us with this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mieze
      A New Driver for Realtek RTL8111

Due to the lack of an OS X driver that makes use of the advanced features of the Realtek RTL81111/8168 series I started a new project with the aim to create a state of the art driver that gets the most out of those NICs which can be found on virtually any cheap board on the market today. Based on Realtek's Linux driver (version 8.035.0) I have written a driver that is optimized for performance while making efficient use of system resources and keeping the CPU usage down under heavy load.

Key Features of the Driver
      Supports Realtek RTL8111/8168 B/C/D/E/F/G found on recent boards. Support for multisegment packets relieving the network stack of unnecessary copy operations when assembling packets for transmission. No-copy receive and transmit. Only small packets are copied on reception because creating a copy is more efficient than allocating a new buffer. TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offload (receive and transmit). TCP segmentation offload under IPv4. Support for TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload. Fully optimized for Mountain Lion (64bit architecture) but should work with Lion too. As of now there is no support for Snow Leopard but it can be added if someone will create the necessary patches. Supports Wake on LAN. Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting enableEEE to NO in the drivers Info.plist without rebuild. The default is YES. The driver is published under GPLv2.  
      Limitations
      As checksum offload doesn't work with jumbo frames they are currently unsupported and will definitely never be. No support for 32bit kernels.  
      Installation
      Before you install the driver you have to remove any installed driver for RTL8111/8168.
      Goto /S/L/E and delete the old driver (Lnx2mac, AppleRealtekRTL8169, etc.). Recreate the kernel cache. Open System Preferences and delete the corresponding network interface, e. g. en0. If you forget this step you might experience strange problems with certain Apple domains, iTunes and iCloud later. Reboot. Install the new driver and recreate the kernel cache. I recommend to use Kext Wizard or a similar utility for the installation. Reboot Open System Preferences again, select Network and check if the new network interface has been created automatically or create it manually now. Configure the interface.  
      Help - I'm getting kernel panics!
      Well, before you start complaining about bugs after you upgraded macOS and ask me to publish a driver update, you should first try to resolve the issue on your own by cleaning the system caches.
      As the driver uses macOS's private network driver interface, which is supposed to be used by Apple provided drivers only, you might run into problems after an OS update because the linker may fail to recognize that IONetworking.kext has been updated and that the driver needs to be linked against the new version (Apple provided drivers avoid this problem because they are always updated together with IONetworking.kext). As a result, the linking process produces garbage and the driver may call arbitrary code when trying to call functions from IONetworking.kext. This usually results in unpredicted behavior or a kernel panic. In order to recover from such a situation, you should clean the System Caches forcing the linker to recreate it's caches:
      Delete all the files in /System/Library/Caches and it's subdirectories but leave the directories and the symbolic links intact. This is very important! Reboot. Recreate the kernel cache. Reboot again.  
      Troubleshooting
      Make sure you have followed the installation instructions especially when you have issues with certain domains while the others are working fine. Use the debug version to collect log data when trying to track down problems. The kernel log messages can be found in /var/log/system.log. For Sierra and above use "log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug" in order to retrieve kernel logs. Include the log data when asking for support or giving feedback. I'm an engineer, not a clairvoyant. Check your BIOS settings. You might want to disable Network Boot and the UEFI Network Stack as these can interfere with the driver. Double check that you have removed any other Realtek kext from your system because they could prevent the driver from working properly. Verify your bootloader configuration, in particular the kernel flags. Avoid using npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.  In Terminal run netstat -s in order to display network statistics. Carefully examine the data for any unusual activity like a high number of packets with bad IP header checksums, etc. In case auto-configuration of the link layer connection doesn't work it might be necessary to select the medium manually in System Preferences under Network for the interface. Use Wireshark to create a packet dump in order to collect diagnostic information. Keep in mind that there are many manufacturers of network equipment. Although Ethernet is an IEEE standard different implementations may show different behavior causing incompatibilities. In case you are having trouble try a different switch or a different cable.  
      FAQ
      How can I retrieve the kernel logs? In Terminal type "grep kernel /var/log/system.log". I want to disable Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) but I don't know how? Take a look at the driver's Info.plist file. There you will find an option named <key>enableEEE</key>. Change its value from <true/> to <false/>. Don't forget to recreate the kernel cache after changing the value. WoL from S5 doesn't work with this driver but under Windows it's working. Is this a driver bug? No it isn't, the driver is working as it should because OS X doesn't support WoL from S5.  
      Current status
      The driver has been successfully tested under 10.8.x and 10.9 with the B, C, D, E, F and G versions of the RTL8111/8168 and is known to work stable on these devices.  
      Changelog
      Version 2.2.2 (2018-01-21) Force ASPM state to disabled/enabled according to the config parameter setting. Requires 10.12 or newer. Version 2.2.1 (2016-03-12): Updated underlying linux sources from Realtek to 8.041.00. Added support for RTL8111H. Implemented Apple’s polled receive driver model (RXPOLL). Requires 10.11 or newer. Support for older versions of OS X has been dropped. Version 2.0.0 (2015-06-21): Uses Apple's private driver interface introduced with 10.8. Supports packet scheduling with QFQ. Please note that 2.0.0 is identical to 2.0.0d2. Only the version number has changed. Version 1.2.3 (2014-08-23): Reworked TSO4 and added support for TSO6. Version 1.2.2 (2014-08-44): Added an option to disable Active State Power Management (ASPM, default disabled) as ASPM seems to result in unstable operation of some chipsets. Resolved a problem with Link Aggregation after reboot. Added a workaround for the multicast filter bug of chipset 17 (RTL8111F) which prevented Bonjour from working properly Version 1.2.0 (2014-04-24): Updated underlying linux sources from Realtek to 8.037.00. Improved interrupt mitigate to use a less aggressive value for 10/100 MBit connections. Version 1.1.3 (2013-11-29): Improved transmit queue handling made it possible to reduce CPU load during packet transmission. Improved deadlock detection logic in order to avoid false positives due to lost interrupts. Version 1.1.2 (2013-08-03): Improved SMB performance in certain configurations. Faster browsing of large shares. Version 1.1.0 (2013-06-08): Support for TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload added (can be disabled in Info.plist). Maximum size of the scatter-gather-list has been increased from 24 to 40 segments to resolve performance issues with TSO4 when offloading large packets which are highly fragmented. TSO4 can be disabled in Info.plist without rebuild. Statistics gathering has been improved to deliver more detailed information (resource shortages, transmitter resets, transmitter interrupt count). The interrupt mitigate settings has been changed to improve performance with SMB and to reduce CPU load. Configuration option added to allow for user defined interrupt mitigate settings without rebuild. Version 1.0.4 (2013-05-04): Moved setLinkStatus(kIONetworkLinkValid) from start() to enable(). Cleaned up getDescCommand(). Version 1.0.3 (2013-04-25): The issue after a reboot from Windows has been eliminated. Version 1.0.2 (2013-04-22): Added support for rx checksum offload of TCP and UDP over IPv6. Version 1.0.1 (2013-03-31): Improved behavior when rx checksum offload isn't working properly. Adds the chipset's model name to IORegistry so that it will show up in System Profiler.  
      Known Issues
      There are still performance problems with regard to SMB in certain configurations. My tests indicate that Apple's Broadcom driver shows the same behavior with those configurations. Obviously it's a more general problem that is not limited to my driver. WoL does not work in certain configurations. Old systems with 3 and 4 series chipsets exhibit performance issues in recent versions of macOS because there is no optimized power management for these systems in macOS anymore as Apple dropped support for the underlying hardware a long time ago. In case you are affected, please upgrade your hardware or find an alternative solution because I have no plans for a workaround. Sorry, but I don't think that it's worth the effort.  
      Getting the driver
      The source code can be found here: https://github.com/M...driver_for_OS_X There is also a pre-build binary for Mavericks and Yosemite: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/  
      Building from Source
      I'm using XCode 4.6.3 for development. You can get a free copy of XCode after becoming a member of the Apple developer program. The free membership is sufficient in order to get access to development tools and documentation.
    • By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

Catalina 10.15.3 - Windows 10
      What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) No problem so far ASUS HyperKit with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB  
      What is not working:
      -  

Not tested:
      VideoProc says that Hardware Decoding\Encoding is fully supported and enabled on both HD 530 and RX 5700 but I didn't test it Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: Primary Display: Auto iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled RC6(Render Standby): Enabled DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: Intel SpeedStep: Enabled CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5098): Click here -> ASUS-Z170_catalina.zip  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Notes:

2020.02.11: Updated to 10.15.3 -> No problem when/after installing
      2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload

• By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://www.olarila.com/topic/5165-olarila-app-images-and-folders/   Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell   https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/   Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake is here https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/
          First...   ***Update bios to last available version!***   If you need a full patched DSDT...  -Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen! -Run it and send me files! RunMe.app   Installation   --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave   https://github.com/chris1111/Create-Install-Media/releases   --Install Clover in USB stick   https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases   --Replace with my Clover folder https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!   Post Installation --Install Clover and replace with my folder   https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Reboot and activate video!   Bingo!   Now you need a fine tune! DSDT time!   --DSDT   Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -XXXX to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -EC -PNLF -HDMI

--Power Management
      - 1 Generation Intel Processors, use Generate P and C States in config.plist
      - 2 and 3 Generations Intel Processors, Generate SSDT with Piker script and drop CpuPm and Cpu0Ist SSDTs
      ssdtPRGen.command.zip
      Credits-https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
      - 4 Generation+ Intel Processors, use PluginType=1 in DSDT, SSDT or Clover config.plist

for check Power, Frequency, Temperature and Utilization, use it

Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg.zip

--Brightness
      Install .app, select the required permission and reboot. Work in F1 / F2 keys!
      NativeDisplayBrightness.app.zip

https://github.com/Bensge/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases
      *in some cases .app don't work, check patches in config.plist inside Clover folder Post Install

--Clover

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

--AUDIO

Use DSDT + AppleAlc

--install Lan driver by Mieze
        -Atheros   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/   -Intel   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/   -Realtek   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/   --Links   -FakeSMC   https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek   -Audio   https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/   -USB   https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads   It's time to Rock   -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Apple, Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!  
    • By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://www.olarila.com/topic/5165-olarila-app-images-and-folders/   ***The topic is for Notebooks and Desktops***   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/
          First... ***Update bios to last available version!***   If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake... -Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen! -Run it and send me files! RunMe.app     Look at my Clover folders and understand what we really need, this is the best way to learn     1-Installation     --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave   https://github.com/chris1111/Create-Install-Media/releases   --Install Clover in USB stick   https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases   --Replace with my Clover folder    https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system! 2-Post Installation     --Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder   https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Reboot and activate video!   3-Video     -Nvidia WebDriver Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/   -Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-10162017/   -Cuda   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-90214-is-out-update-10162017/   -Check it, easy way   nvidia-update.command.zip by Benjamin-Dobell   4-DSDT       Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC* -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS* -BLC0 -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -IMEI -EC -PNLF(Nvidia/AMD) -HDMI ---To avoid problems use some patches in config.plist, don't forget!--- GLAN to GIGE 474c 414e 4749 4745 GFX0 to IGPU 47465830 49475055 HDAS to HDEF 48444153 48444546 HECI to IMEI 48454349 494d4549 SAT0 to SATA 53415430 53415441 5-SSDT   Generate your SSDT for PM, use ssdtPRGen by Piker-Alpha https://github.com/Piker-Alpha ssdtPRGen.command.zip   or just use "plugin-type"=0x01 in DSDT, SSDT or Clover config.plist   for check Power, Frequency, Temperature and Utilization, use it Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg.zip   6-Brightness  
      Install .app, select the required permission and reboot. Work in F1 / F2 keys!
      NativeDisplayBrightness.app.zip

https://github.com/Bensge/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases
      *in some cases .app don't work, check patches in config.plist inside Clover folder Post Install
        -Clover   https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   -Lan driver by Mieze     -Atheros http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/   -Intel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/   -Realtek http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/   -Links     -FakeSmc https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek   -Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/   -USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads   if u like, Rate Topic     It's time to Rock -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, badruzeus and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!   ENJOY!  
    • By jamesxxx1997
      Hi everyone !
      I have a laptop thinkpad x1 yoga 2018 , the sound device is realtek alc285.
      My friend and I spend numerous time on patching its layout-id , however either the headphone jack or laptop audio recording have noises.
      Any help is appreciated , thank you !!!

HdaCodec#0 (Realtek ALC285).bin
      HdaCodec#0 (Realtek ALC285).txt
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).bin
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).bin.cpgz
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).txt
      HdaCodec#2 (Intel Kaby Lake HDMI).bin
      HdaCodec#2 (Intel Kaby Lake HDMI).txt