mcolinp

mcolinp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Ok, So I got past the Black Screen of death by following the instructions here:

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=154

Specifically the instructions to include the PCIRoot string in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
Again, my Gfx Card is a nVidia 9800GT (1GB), and it required the PCIRoot to be set to "1"; as shown in the other article.

I do however get a message on booting both the usb, as well as the Mountain Lion installed drive:

Invalid character found in ProcessorOP 0x5c!
API CPUs not found: C-States not Generated ! ! !
API CPUs not found: P-States not Generated ! ! !

It does seem to boot eventually but hangs here for quite a while. I assume this will also effect the stability of my system for things like sleep, etc.

Could anyone give some insights as to why My GA-P35-DS4 is having these issues? My processor is an Intel 2.83 Quad-Core (Q9550)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0nn0

0nn0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Ok, So I got past the Black Screen of death by following the instructions here:

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=154

Specifically the instructions to include the PCIRoot string in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
Again, my Gfx Card is a nVidia 9800GT (1GB), and it required the PCIRoot to be set to "1"; as shown in the other article.

I do however get a message on booting both the usb, as well as the Mountain Lion installed drive:

API CPUs not found: C-States not Generated ! ! !
API CPUs not found: P-States not Generated ! ! !

It does seem to boot eventually but hangs here for quite a while. I assume this will also effect the stability of my system for things like sleep, etc.

Could anyone give some insights as to why My GA-P35-DS4 is having these issues? My processor is an Intel 2.83 Quad-Core (Q9550)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I use the board UD3 GA-P45T-LR, I assume the board you use has the same BIOS configuration with my board.
Try to enter the menu Advanced BIOS Setup and follow my configuration like attached below.

Posted Image

mcolinp

mcolinp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
So I looked at my Bios (rev. 14); and it seems to be different than the BIOS for your board. See Attached Pics:

Attached File  image-1.jpeg   871.79KB   61 downloads

Attached File  image-2.jpeg   836.65KB   55 downloads

0nn0

0nn0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

So I looked at my Bios (rev. 14); and it seems to be different than the BIOS for your board. See Attached Pics:

Attached File  image-1.jpeg   871.79KB   61 downloads

Attached File  image-2.jpeg   836.65KB   55 downloads

You can try skip kernel cache by using ignoring cache on boot or you can also type before booting:

boot: UseKernelCache=No

mcolinp

mcolinp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
So I don't understand why I am getting these errors. This guide is specifically for my Board; the same as Tseug's; GA-P35-DS4

It seems strange to me that this is happening. If I do as you are suggesting it would sidestep the issue but not resolve it.

As it currently stands: the installation works; but I don't understand why I can't get CPU states to work for sleep, etc.

Is there not some way to define the CPU in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Tseug; do you have any advice for this?

mcolinp

mcolinp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Ok, So the C-States, & P-States messages I got during booting the install usb, goes away after running the "./finalize" command. Though full sleep still does not work. Display sleeps, but not the computer; even if I let it time itself out to sleep instead of choosing "sleep" from the apple menu.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

tseug

Nice job man!! It would be nice to include the fixes in DSDT Patcher1.0.1e

Thanks a lot!!!

Bregt

Bregt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Mac, Music and Engineering
Hi Tseug,

Thx. Works like it should with my ds4.
I only got one weird problem:

My magic mouse just seems to hang constantly, like everything freezes for a split second and then resumes again.
It keeps doing that... you have any id what that could be ?

Bladel

Bladel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
No problems after updating to .8.1 via AppStore, everything works!

Bregt

Bregt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Mac, Music and Engineering
Lag problem seems to have just disappeared... Strange, but it works nog so I'm Happy :D.

thx again

Ginjaian

Ginjaian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Thanks, tseug, this is awesome. I used your 10.5 and 10.6 installers as well, back in the day!

I tried to install first with the Beast that is Multi/Uni (why is that banned?!), but had no luck building the USB installer with UniB. I then found this thread, saw your name, and knew I could trust it!

I tried to be clever and ran the DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e to get a patched DSDT.aml from my working 10.6.7 system (incidentally, someone asked on the first page why they couldn't download ML, they were on 10.6.7, minimum OS requirement is 10.6.8 - I'm clean installing, and downloaded ML on my MacBookPro, which is on 10.6.8).
I put the DSDT.aml in the Extras folder in the install directory before running mkboot, so it got included on the USB stick and then in the ML install. It seemed to be working okay, but once installed, ML was very slow and jerky, no sound, HD icon was as an external drive, etc. I realised I needed to use your DSDT patcher. So I deleted DSDT.aml from the boot USB to force a new DSDT.aml to be generated. Then I got a black screen at boot. My GPU is Nvidia GTX 285, and GraphicsEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I added my DSDT.aml back into the Extras folder, and it rebooted okay, so once running I mounted the USB stick as read/write (it's usually read only) and renamed the DSDT.aml to DSDT.old, then re-ran finalize. After reboot, everything is silky smooth as it should be! Sound, network and GPU all working well now. I will probably run UniB just to install Trim support for my Intel X25 SSD, which I think is supported.

Also, no problem updating to 10.8.1.

Many thanks!

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
Thanks, using Tseug guide eveyithing is gone well.
Obviuosly there's something not perfect.
When the screensaver is activated, I type the kboard or touch the mouse and the screen remain black, but I can see the pointer moving accordingly to my mouse.Then, I got only one chance..force the shutdown
Even with the sleep I discovered something similar, the sleep step is regulare, then when I wake it up I can move the pointer, but the password display is a bit..blurred or something like that....then the end is the same..brute halt.
Any direction to find a solution?

p.s I got the 10.8.1 update with no prob at all, but I haven't rerun the finalize script.

3thirteen

3thirteen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have a GA-P35-DS4 with 4GB of RAM & a nvidia 9800GT (1GB)

When I create the bootable USB; then use it to install Mountain Lion: it seems to black out after the apple boot logo; has anyone else had success with a 9800GT (1GB) ?

I had no problems with my 9800GT 1GB and GA-P55-USB3. I'm using a DSDT.aml specific for my mobo that I got from tonymacx86's site.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Man... I made my own usb installer, same as I always have. I know ML is the same procedure as Lion. However I keep KP'ing. My system is vanilla, only using fakesmc on lion. I'm KP'ing on ML installer, something about "can't load ioacpifamily"

I just made a Lion installer today for this system to save it haha, but same procedure, works great. Is there some fix I am unaware of?

EDIT: Rather than try patched kexts, I decided to DL a different app store dmg, and this new one got me past the KP! Now I'm stuck at a white screen, but this seems to be well documented to be the ATI6xxxx series kext permission issue or what not.

ufo_all

ufo_all

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I tried to boot at pci configuration it hangs how to solve it ?.

Attached Files

qaz012

qaz012

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Tseug, thanks again for your method of installation. Almost perfect.

Only one problem - mouse lag in safari, quicktime, etc.

I had to install the latest chameleon (2.1svn-r2050) and then replace org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist in Extra folder for the original ones.

Looks like it's good now.

pevla

pevla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi all

i would like to ask you a question before trying the ML install. First of all a HUGE than you to Tseug! for the guide. I am absolutely new to Hackintoshing, just set up Leopard on my PC after 3 days of trying Snow leo, and Lion with no success. I have the feeling that the problem is my GPU.

here are my system specs
Gigabyte P35-DS4 v2.0 F14 (same as Tseug)
Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4GHz
4GB RAM
Gigabyte GV-RX387512H (Radeon HD3870) Graphics card
Onboard sound card

Should i go ahead and try the guide or do I need a different graphics card? Anyone tried this card?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

I also attach the info i took from system profiler before installing Leopard.

I have the v2.0 of the P35-DS4. Can I still use the v2.1 install files?

I would also need the BIOS settings please

Attached Files

remenic

remenic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just wanted to let you know that installation was a breeze on ASRock H55M Pro. The only thing that didn't work was sound, but VoodooHDA 2.7.4 fixed that as well.

The only thing that's bothering me now is that I can only use one display. I'm using a Geforce GTS 250 with two displays attached (one VGA and one DVI->VGA).

Could anyone tell me how to enable the second display?

pevla

pevla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Well I went ahead and installed it. No luck though!!!

All the steps worked but after finalize and reboot I get a half white half black screen. I hear the instructions about voice over commands etc but no visual !

I got my answer I guess, my graphics card is NOT supported.

Any info for a cheap card that will work?

Thanks

pevla

pevla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I am getting the Asus Geforce 210 Silent 1Gb DDR3 this afternoon. It is supposed to be compatible with mountain lion

Will keep you posted

PS why doesn't anyone reply with any tips? I thought this was a forum to help each other!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy