[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Mountain Lion

tseug

201 posts in this topic

Tseug, thanks again for your method of installation. Almost perfect.

Only one problem - mouse lag in safari, quicktime, etc.

I had to install the latest chameleon (2.1svn-r2050) and then replace org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist in Extra folder for the original ones.

Looks like it's good now.

Hi all

i would like to ask you a question before trying the ML install. First of all a HUGE than you to Tseug! for the guide. I am absolutely new to Hackintoshing, just set up Leopard on my PC after 3 days of trying Snow leo, and Lion with no success. I have the feeling that the problem is my GPU.

here are my system specs

Gigabyte P35-DS4 v2.0 F14 (same as Tseug)

Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4GHz

4GB RAM

Gigabyte GV-RX387512H (Radeon HD3870) Graphics card

Onboard sound card

Should i go ahead and try the guide or do I need a different graphics card? Anyone tried this card?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

I also attach the info i took from system profiler before installing Leopard.

I have the v2.0 of the P35-DS4. Can I still use the v2.1 install files?

I would also need the BIOS settings please

post-1070316-0-55999200-1346495343_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to let you know that installation was a breeze on ASRock H55M Pro. The only thing that didn't work was sound, but VoodooHDA 2.7.4 fixed that as well.

The only thing that's bothering me now is that I can only use one display. I'm using a Geforce GTS 250 with two displays attached (one VGA and one DVI->VGA).

Could anyone tell me how to enable the second display?

Well I went ahead and installed it. No luck though!!!

All the steps worked but after finalize and reboot I get a half white half black screen. I hear the instructions about voice over commands etc but no visual !

I got my answer I guess, my graphics card is NOT supported.

Any info for a cheap card that will work?

Thanks

I am getting the Asus Geforce 210 Silent 1Gb DDR3 this afternoon. It is supposed to be compatible with mountain lion

Will keep you posted

PS why doesn't anyone reply with any tips? I thought this was a forum to help each other!!!

So I managed to install lion and the new graphics card fully supported! I used iATKOS L2

When I tried to install mountain lion while loading from the USB stick, the PC goes into sleep mode after 10-15 secs!!!!?????

With the old graphics card I was able to install the whole thing as I say in my first post.

I would really like to install Mountain Lion

Any ideas?

Update

I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRoot=1

It is loading as we speak. Fingers crossedpost-1070316-13466934953526_thumb.jpg

So, I went into disk utility and shrunk the MountainLion disk to 20Gb, then added another partition 45Gb in FAT

I installed Win7 in the second partition.

Booted from the USB again and did finalize and reboot.

The PC keeps booting up in Windows without the usb plugged in.

Any solution to this or do I have to do everything from the beginning and install Windows first to and MacOs second?

Please, someone reply!!!

use app chameleon Wizard and install Boot0hfs for partition MAC OS , see if this work, or than you need repair boot wind partition with DVD WIN, because when you install chameleon it wrong boot Win and you need repair this.

For win:

How to restore WINDOWS BOOTLOADER on a PC

1~Reconfigure your BIOS to boot from the DVD first and then the Win7 drive

2~Boot the machine from the Win7 DVD

3~After the language select screen, choose "Repair your computer" from the lower left

4~The system will not find any installations. This is okay, click the top radio button and hit Next

5~You'll see a list of "System Recovery Options". Open up the Command Prompt

6~Try typing the following commands in order: "bootrec /fixmbr", "bootrec /fixboot", "bootrec /rebuildbcd". If these complete successfully, go ahead and skip the next step. However, if any of these steps reports "Element cannot be found" you need to reconfigure the disk configuration.

7~You're going to use DISKPART to make the Win7 partition active. You can type "HELP" for a list of commands or check out Microsoft's help page. Basically you select the drive first ("LIST DRIVES" and then "SELECT DRIVE [number]") and then the partition ("LIST PARTITION" and then "SELECT PARTITION [number]") where Win7 is installed. Then type "ACTIVE" to make the selected partition active. Once this is finished, repeat the previous step.

8~With the bootloader now created, we need to let Win7 configure it. Restart and boot from the DVD again, and choose the same repair option as before. Now you should see your Win7 installation listed. Allow the installer to repair the system.

~You may have to repeat this step once or twice, but eventually the bootloader will be fixed and your machine will work again!

Very complicate this , but can work.

Hi Tseug!

I have a short question to 10.8.1 with no sound on a GA-P35-DS4 with F14 BIOS. I tried to get the sound working but with no success. I made a clean install with a different installation guide and no DSDT. So everything is working but no sound. I'm not used to work with DSDT, that is why I've not tried to fix it with editing a DSDT.

Is there a simple way to exchange the native appleHDA.kext with a fixed one, or do i mix up everything here? Sorry for being a noob on that...

What can I do to get sound working easily?

greetz