10.7.4 is OUT !

Larx

158 posts in this topic

Maybe after first patch the kernel cache wasnt updated? I always use kextwizard to update the kernel cache after i change something in the .kext (.plist or patch).

Yeah. Issue was in next cache. Originally I rebuild caches by cmd line. This time I used next wizard and indeed now all is OK.

Thx for help !!!

Hi,

I'm stuck after "DMOS has arrived " on my dell XPS M1330 (with Nvidia 8400 GS chipset). First, I need to replace the IOPCIFamily.kext (by the "Mountain Lion compatible" one provided by Netkas) to avoid the infinite [PCI Configuration begin/end] (as npci=0×2000 and npci=0×3000 didn't' change anything - I never had this issue before).

Now, no luck after the "DMOS has arrived" (no change after being stuck 10 hours so, it's not a question of time LOL). And no idea how to solve it... First google pointed a possible issue about the video card, however, the Nvidia one was correctly recognized previously (via DSDT or injection with chameleon)... So, it seems to be elsewhere...

Note that I've got the same issue on 10.7.4, or in my test to install Mountain Lion.

I'm open to all suggestions ;).

from Apple Support Communities

All those errors you pasted are just the result of some application asking the kernel for a SMC sensor that does not exist, e.g.: on the first line you pasted is asked for the IN0C sensor.

Previously the kernel did not log errors when asked about SMC sensors it does not have, this is what changed in 10.7.4

I'm still using iStat Menus 3 eventhough I get the SMC log errors and the app along with OS X are working fine.

Thanks robertx for digging that out, that makes perfect sense. And yes everything seems to work fine sensors-wise, just like in 10.7.3.

My smc errors;

May 14 01:03:32 Gringos-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR $Num kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0
May 14 01:03:32 Gringos-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

I also get a ton of these, for different smc keys:

May 14 00:44:02 Gringos-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TC0H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b3cf800

Ran combo update, patched AppleHDA with HDAWizard, ran Perl script for patching AppleRTC, installed f06 nvidia drivers, rebuilt caches, everything seems fine so far.

I can't believe how easy it is to install and update compared to the old days.

Thanks to David F. Elliott, everyone working on or contributing to Chameleon, and to the authors of fakesmc.

ICH10R/P45/Core 2 Duo E8500/GTX460

Hi,

I'm stuck after "DMOS has arrived " on my dell XPS M1330 (with Nvidia 8400 GS chipset). First, I need to replace the IOPCIFamily.kext (by the "Mountain Lion compatible" one provided by Netkas) to avoid the infinite [PCI Configuration begin/end] (as npci=0×2000 and npci=0×3000 didn't' change anything - I never had this issue before).

Now, no luck after the "DMOS has arrived" (no change after being stuck 10 hours so, it's not a question of time LOL). And no idea how to solve it... First google pointed a possible issue about the video card, however, the Nvidia one was correctly recognized previously (via DSDT or injection with chameleon)... So, it seems to be elsewhere...

Note that I've got the same issue on 10.7.4, or in my test to install Mountain Lion.

I'm open to all suggestions ;).

Same here: I´m on 10.7.3 and after updating it stalls at the point where it should load the GUI, no errors, CPUPMClient loads and thats it: it just doesn´t load the GUI :(

updated and opencl is broken now.

luxmark gives me OpenCL ERROR: clBuildProgram(-11) error with my 6850 card.

some ati cards give this error within 10.7.4 update as Ive seen from other forums.

and no fix yet I guess...

same here so i went back to 10.7.3

Work for me without problem....

1. Run sofwate update

2. Patched AppleHDA with HDAWizard

3. Run Perl script for patching AppleRTC

4. Rebuilt caches.

For OpenCL errors (Luxmark). Try other OpenCL Benches like Galaxies or OceanWave , perhaps Luxmark has some incompatibility to new 10.7.4 OpenCL drivers, and works in general.

For my NVIDIA OpenCL stay working with 10.7.4 in all OpenCL Benches.

netkas has some fixes for OpenCL 10.7.4 + AMD 48xx cards - not helps normally working AMD 5xxx cards. ;aybe you ask, if all OpemCL Benches fail with AMD 5xxx in the netkas thread 10.7.4.

http://netkas.org

Updated from apple software update crashed my mac (my bad), replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext (10.7.2) and AppleGraphicsPowerManagment.kext (for GTX570)

All ok now. .

Updated my Sager laptop from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 yesterday. Everything works without a problem EXCEPT the WiFi. System doesn't recognize it, says WiFi adapter not installed. The WiFi card isDell 1395 and it woked fine with 10.7.3. Any ideas please??

For OpenCL errors (Luxmark). Try other OpenCL Benches like Galaxies or OceanWave , perhaps Luxmark has some incompatibility to new 10.7.4 OpenCL drivers, and works in general.

For my NVIDIA OpenCL stay working with 10.7.4 in all OpenCL Benches.

netkas has some fixes for OpenCL 10.7.4 + AMD 48xx cards - not helps normally working AMD 5xxx cards. ;aybe you ask, if all OpemCL Benches fail with AMD 5xxx in the netkas thread 10.7.4.

http://netkas.org

After the update you did not have to change the hex values on the updated nvidia graphics kexts or does the update leave them alone?

Updated from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 from software update as always but this time got a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUpowermanagement...thought I had to do a clean install but gave it a shot and booted into windows and used trasmac to detele the kext and rebooted and it worked. Geekbench test is down by at least 2000 points and boot time is up by at least 5 seconds. Usually when it got to the spinning wheel it only took 1 and a half rotation to boot into OS but now it spins like 12 times. This looks more like a downgrade then an update

After the update you did not have to change the hex values on the updated nvidia graphics kexts or does the update leave them alone?

...Gt 520 here...had to re-apply the fixes for nvidia after the update (same changes from 10.7.3 apply to 10.7.4)

...Gt 520 here...had to re-apply the fixes for nvidia after the update (same changes from 10.7.3 apply to 10.7.4)

So you applied the changes to the

"libclh.dylib"

from Thread:

http://www.insanelym...pic=266318&st=0

And

netkas opencl fix for the GeoforceGLdriver binary as well? Is it the same hex edit as in10.7.3 for the GeoFroceGLdriver or something changed or different in 10.7.4?

Thanks

Updated my Sager laptop from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 yesterday. Everything works without a problem EXCEPT the WiFi. System doesn't recognize it, says WiFi adapter not installed. The WiFi card isDell 1395 and it woked fine with 10.7.3. Any ideas please??

I have the same problem! Just updated to 10.7.4 and everything works, except the Wi-Fi! I have Dell Inspiron 1525 with the same Wi-Fi Card! When I boot in verbose It shows that it loads the driver, but then when I boot it says that it's not installed! Anyone got this sorted out?

Lost Ethernet on my P5K-E after updating to Lion 10.7.4. Still no joy here after trolling the forums all night for a solution. System Information reports the Yukon 88E8056, but System Preferences tells me the cable is not plugged in. All was well under 10.7.3, and an alternate boot drive runs all under SL 10.6.8.

All suggestions and tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lost Ethernet on my P5K-E after updating to Lion 10.7.4. Still no joy here after trolling the forums all night for a solution. System Information reports the Yukon 88E8056 (...)

I have the same 88E8056 and it works fine in 10.7.4. Make a legacy kext for it, I believe this still works:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=157881

Also there's this that you can use instead of EthernetBuiltIn=y

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60

(read the whole thread first!)

DiamondSami,

I tried loading IO80211Family.Kext using Kext Wizard and/or other kext utilities but it will not load. Tried loading with Command Line, same problem. Will work on some more and report.