• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

dddirtman

dddirtman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
my h55n(i3) build went fine no issues installed combo and reboot....
however my x58(i750) kp's can only get to os with (rboot)....working on it..i may just backup data and go back to 10.7.3(for now)..

Warped

Warped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi *

I just upgraded fully functional 10.7.3 on my GA-P35-DS4 to 10.7.4.
Restoring AppleHDA brings sound support back.
Only issue is BIOS reset after sleep.
I already tried binary patching AppleRTC from http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1665642
Unfortunately it not helps.
Do anybody has idea how to overcome this issue ?

My spec:
Q6600, GA-P35-DS4, chameleon svn r1819

-br

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

Hi * I just upgraded fully functional 10.7.3 on my GA-P35-DS4 to 10.7.4. Restoring AppleHDA brings sound support back. Only issue is BIOS reset after sleep. I already tried binary patching AppleRTC from http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1665642 Unfortunately it not helps. Do anybody has idea how to overcome this issue ? My spec: Q6600, GA-P35-DS4, chameleon svn r1819 -br

however it worked for me
but i've patch it twice.
It doesn't work at the first time. but succeeded second time

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
Maybe after first patch the kernel cache wasnt updated? I always use kextwizard to update the kernel cache after i change something in the .kext (.plist or patch).

bion

bion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
updated and opencl is broken now.

luxmark gives me OpenCL ERROR: clBuildProgram(-11) error with my 6850 card.

some ati cards give this error within 10.7.4 update as Ive seen from other forums.

and no fix yet I guess...

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
ongoing prob... http://reviews.cnet....-10.7.4-update/

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 306 posts
update crashed my liontosh booted into mt Lion and replaced AppleACPIPlatform kext and reload sound kext in lion with kext wizard and
repaired permissions. and rebooted into lion

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Hi,

I had a few glitches with the 10.7.4 update. Was able to boot no problem though had some errors such as 'p-state error', and no more being able to shut down or restart, and sound is out.
I know how to fix audio but the p-state error and restart problem not sure.. Ideas anyone?

Thanks.

BTW: Using Chameleon 1920 on a P8Z68 Deluxe 2600K and a base SSDT I got from Revogirl..

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Hi,

I had a few glitches with the 10.7.4 update. Was able to boot no problem though had some errors such as 'p-state error', and no more being able to shut down or restart, and sound is out.
I know how to fix audio but the p-state error and restart problem not sure.. Ideas anyone?

Thanks.

BTW: Using Chameleon 1920 on a P8Z68 Deluxe 2600K and a base SSDT I got from Revogirl..

doof

doof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hi,

Thanks.

Disable generatePstates and enable dropSSDT in your chameleon boot plist. If you have a working ssdt the pstate error will go away.

121fred

121fred

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
All good, combo update, replace AppleHDA

daz1uk

daz1uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
To update to 10.7.4 from 10.7.2 do I first need to install the 10.7.3 update or can I just go straight for the 10.7.4?

thom@sp@yne

thom@sp@yne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ok, well, good news and bad news. I've replaced the AppleACPIPlatform with the one from DarwinX (from Windows using MacDrive) and booted using the boot flag -x.

Good news is that I was able to get pass the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang. Bad news is that I'm getting a "Waiting for root device" hang instead. I'll experiment a bit around and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help so far, and I appreciate it if any more advice comes my way.

Sorry for the late uodate, but I fixed the "Waiting for root device" hang by using my installation USB's terminal to rebuild the cache. After running the commands, my laptop booted fine.

Thanks again for all advice given!

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

To update to 10.7.4 from 10.7.2 do I first need to install the 10.7.3 update or can I just go straight for the 10.7.4?

Just use 10.7.4 combo No need for 10.7.3

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Even on a fresh build of 10.7.2, I was NOT successful. Only thro 10.7.3, even so the smc error occurred

Warped

Warped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Maybe after first patch the kernel cache wasnt updated? I always use kextwizard to update the kernel cache after i change something in the .kext (.plist or patch).

Yeah. Issue was in next cache. Originally I rebuild caches by cmd line. This time I used next wizard and indeed now all is OK.
Thx for help !!!

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi,

I'm stuck after "DMOS has arrived " on my dell XPS M1330 (with Nvidia 8400 GS chipset). First, I need to replace the IOPCIFamily.kext (by the "Mountain Lion compatible" one provided by Netkas) to avoid the infinite [PCI Configuration begin/end] (as npci=0×2000 and npci=0×3000 didn't' change anything - I never had this issue before).

Now, no luck after the "DMOS has arrived" (no change after being stuck 10 hours so, it's not a question of time LOL). And no idea how to solve it... First google pointed a possible issue about the video card, however, the Nvidia one was correctly recognized previously (via DSDT or injection with chameleon)... So, it seems to be elsewhere...

Note that I've got the same issue on 10.7.4, or in my test to install Mountain Lion.

I'm open to all suggestions ;).

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
from Apple Support Communities

All those errors you pasted are just the result of some application asking the kernel for a SMC sensor that does not exist, e.g.: on the first line you pasted is asked for the IN0C sensor.

Previously the kernel did not log errors when asked about SMC sensors it does not have, this is what changed in 10.7.4

I'm still using iStat Menus 3 eventhough I get the SMC log errors and the app along with OS X are working fine.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts
Thanks robertx for digging that out, that makes perfect sense. And yes everything seems to work fine sensors-wise, just like in 10.7.3.
My smc errors;
May 14 01:03:32 Gringos-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR $Num kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0
May 14 01:03:32 Gringos-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
I also get a ton of these, for different smc keys:
May 14 00:44:02 Gringos-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TC0H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b3cf800
Ran combo update, patched AppleHDA with HDAWizard, ran Perl script for patching AppleRTC, installed f06 nvidia drivers, rebuilt caches, everything seems fine so far.
I can't believe how easy it is to install and update compared to the old days.
Thanks to David F. Elliott, everyone working on or contributing to Chameleon, and to the authors of fakesmc.

ICH10R/P45/Core 2 Duo E8500/GTX460

Goron

Goron

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Hi,

I'm stuck after "DMOS has arrived " on my dell XPS M1330 (with Nvidia 8400 GS chipset). First, I need to replace the IOPCIFamily.kext (by the "Mountain Lion compatible" one provided by Netkas) to avoid the infinite [PCI Configuration begin/end] (as npci=0×2000 and npci=0×3000 didn't' change anything - I never had this issue before).

Now, no luck after the "DMOS has arrived" (no change after being stuck 10 hours so, it's not a question of time LOL). And no idea how to solve it... First google pointed a possible issue about the video card, however, the Nvidia one was correctly recognized previously (via DSDT or injection with chameleon)... So, it seems to be elsewhere...

Note that I've got the same issue on 10.7.4, or in my test to install Mountain Lion.

I'm open to all suggestions ;).

Same here: I´m on 10.7.3 and after updating it stalls at the point where it should load the GUI, no errors, CPUPMClient loads and thats it: it just doesn´t load the GUI :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 10.7.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy