Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:31 AM
07-18-17 - Update - Check out the new build The ULTRABEAST! Click Here > http://bit.ly/2u5jR5L <
Here are the final pics (form my other post here: http://www.tonymacx8...amp;amp;t=32437) of THE HACKINBEAST !!! I actually have Mac OS X 10.7.2 up and running fine now and the X5650's are OC'd to 4.0GHz stable at 34C in a 74F room, and with GeekBench (v2.2.6) scores of: 29152!!! With some tweaking I know the GB score can go higher. This unit's total cost $4,500. A Top-of-a-Line (equivalent) 2010 Mac Pro Tower (with all the jimmies) would cost around $10,750. Even the new 2012 Mac Pro would STILL cost $9,250. This HackinBeast is also 53% faster as you can OC this bad boy as with a Mac Pro Tower… you can't. For those that believe that PC's are cheaper, a BOXX Tech (PC equivalent server tower) would cost around $10,600. So both Apple and BOXX Tech are about the same cost when you pay retail. Plus, half the fun (as all of you know) is building it and making it even faster.
(Special Edit: I'm now running Mac OS X 10.6.7 and 10.7.2 as it takes advantage of the UNDERCLOCKING (UC'ing) features (SPECIAL THANKS to Tutor and BrainDeadFool on MacRumors.com to helping make this happen) with the Xeon X5690's).
GeekBench (v2.3.4) Score: 36,918 and Cinebench (v11.5) Score: OpenGL 50.63 / CPU 22.55 !!!
I also want to give credit where credit is due:
- TJ11 PC Tower: (one of a kind touring model sold to me by Joel - Tech and Sales support)
- SST-CFP52B (Hot-Swappable for 4 HDs)
- CP07 6GB SATA (Cable)
- ST-1500W PSU (Simply THE BEST PSU OUT THERE !!!)
- 4 x AP121 120 x 25mm (Air Channeling Fans)
- 2 x SST-SF01 - (Foam Pad for Advanced Noise Aborption)
THANKS JOEL FOR YOUR INPUT AND EVERYTHING ELSE !!!
- Classified SR-2 270-WS-W555-A1 (Motherboard)
- 480 GTX Superclocked (GPU)
THANKS FOR ALL OF THE TECHNICAL STAFF THAT WORKS 24/7 FOR ALL YOUR HELP WITH HELPING ME UNDERSTAND THIS MOBO !!!
- 2 x Xeon X5650 (CPUs)
SOLD TO ME BY AN EBAYER - CYRA. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP; AND ESPECIALLY YOUR TIME !!!
- 3 x 16GB of #993991 - 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-16000 2000MHz 9-11-9-27 Blackline Ridgeback RAM
This particular RAM that was almost half the price of the 48GB Dominator GT (Red Top) 2000MHz RAM out there (and on top of that one of Dominator GT sticks failed the MemTest86 test as a result of the RAM not coming as a matching set).
THANKS MATT CONN FOR ALL THE HELP AND INPUT. THIS WAS A FANTASTIC INVESTMENT !!!
Special Note on the RAM: Although they were 3 separate kits, ALL OF MUSHKINS RAM is MATCHING RAM; weather you buy just one kit or more of the same model number RAM - and that's what you want when you're buying RAM so there are no potential issues. I also now have my RAM set at one notch below the standard 9-11-9-27 to now 8-10-8-26. They work beautifully without a hitch and are luke-warm to the touch when they're being Torture Tested. You can't go wrong with Mushkin !!! :-) (I'll be updating my pics later to reveal the New Ridgebacks beauty soon).
- 1 x MB-EVCSR2 (EVGA Classified SR-2 Water Block)
- 2 x CPU-370 (CPU Water Blocks)
- 1 x RP-402x2 (Dual 5.25" Reservoir for 2 PMP-400 Pumps)
- 2 x PMP-400 (Laing 3.25 pumps)
- 1 x HX-CU1020V (3x120 30-FPI Radiator)
- 1 x HX-CU1320V (4x120 30-FPI Radiator)
- 12 x Quick Disconnects (QC) - Female: VL3N-F10-16S / Male: VL3N-MG (Special Note: These are the most QCs that's been installed by any PC towered system to date)
- 2 x LIQ-702 Liquid Coolant (UV Green)
- 1 x VID-NX480 (GPU Water Block)
THANKS TIM &amp;amp; JAMES FOR ALL YOUR INPUT AND HELP IN GETTING THE RIGHT PARTS FOR THIS SYSTEM (and EVEN SOME RETURNS) !!! OH, THANKS MARTIN (FROM MARTINSLIQUIDLAB) FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH MY BUBBLE ISSUE IN THE TUBING !!!
- 1 x HPTX-PAN (Tray only for EVGA Classified SR-2 HTPX Motherboard)
- 1 x 12 x 24" Green 3d Carbon Fiber Vinyl (that was custom cut using the Hackintosh logo)
THANKS BRANDON FOR ALL YOUR HELP !!!
- 1 x WH12LS30 (12X Blu-ray SATA Writer Drive)
YOU GO NEWEGG FOR ALL YOUR GREAT LEAD LOSS DEALS !!!
Other World Computing:
- 1 x 240GB OWC Mercury Accelsior PCI-E RAID SSD
THANKS CHRIS ROBERTS FOR ALL YOUR HELP (MY RESELLER)
- 3 x WD2001FASS 2.0TB 64MB Cache Black Caviar HDs
Got them on eBay from a guy who sold them at a great price !!!
- 8 x Delta PFC1212DE (120 x 38mm) Fans 1,500 to 5,000 RPM 253 CFM BEAST
ALL Big-Ups go to Mark (or should I say by his eBay name: eloot). Buy the BEST fans you'll ever own and get it through Eloot ON EBAY!!!
PWM Fan Controller:
- 1 x PWM Dial Fan Controller (Up to 20 PWM fans can be controlled by this controller)
THANK YOU ED SMITH FOR ALL YOUR HELP IN CUSTOM MAKING THIS UNIT FOR ME !!!
- 3 x Custom Made Flexible Air Filters (1 x 120 x 120mm / 1 x 140 x 140mm / 1 x 153 x 153mm)
THANK YOU VINCENT FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE - THESE AIR FILTERS ARE THE BEST THE MARKET HAS TO OFFER AND WORTH EVERY PENNY - GET THESE FILTERS GUYS !!!
I especially want to give a special THANK YOU to the contributors (programmers) at these sties called: InsanelyMac and TonyMacX86 helping me get my Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 install working:
- SHAANKY98 - I want to truly thank you for your immense amount of patience, care and determination to want to help me. You definitely are a rare find and truly are a great man!
- KINGKONG89 - For being the initial reason why I went after wanting to build this EVGA SR–2 HACKINBEAST. It's guys like you that don't mind taking the big dive and going for it, and for that I want to thank you for being a trailblazer in this way!
- GOING BALD - What can I say, except when I needed an answer to something simple you are right there with the solution! If it wasn't for you, I would still be having trouble trying to connect to the Internet. I can't thank you enough for your help!
- LNX2MAC - Pablo, you have been an incredible, generous, giving, and understanding person when they came through my frustration in understanding how to install everything from when this all started for me a little bit over a year ago. I don't know what I would've done without you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- EMATOS - Thank you for all your little bit of tidbits of information that helped me along the way, it's truly appreciated!
- ECHREI - Thank you so much for helping me OC my processors, and spending half the night helping me make that happen! You have taught me so much to help me understand how to tweak my BIOS to take my X5650s to the max!
also... CUSTOMAC (I bought that other PCI-Card you suggested), CYRA (for selling me those X5650's), JPA (For your time, input and friendship), POWERPCG5 (with my Dual Monitor issue on my other hackie) &amp;amp; TUTOR (where are you Dixie Man man, I've been trying to reach out? Call me when you get a moment)
But the person who gave me the most inspiration on all of this Mac Hak building stuff was Paulo Dourado, with this VERY VIDEO that started it all for me:
I also wanted to thank anybody else that I may have forgotten. If I have, please let me know and I will put your name in here !!! :-)
I hope you guys like THE HACKINBEAST and look forward to your feedback - AND YOUR VOTE !!!
Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:40 AM
Talk about some major WOOD!!
Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:13 PM
I'm in love!!!
Talk about some major WOOD!!
What do you mean "major WOOD?" This Beast is made out of Aluminum !!! - - LOL !!! Just messin' - Thanks for the Big-Ups on the Mod. So is that a vote? Let me know... again thanks for the compliment...
Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:09 PM
I liked my hackbuild until I saw yours.
Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:29 AM
Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:24 AM
Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:02 AM
Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:47 PM
Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:00 AM
Like the build overall the only little thing I could really pick at is why the loop looks so odd like to me but it might be the camera. I noticed you mounted the rad on the bottom so I'd figure it would make your loop management much easier as opposed to having it at the top since your res is at the right of the case I'm assuming? (pretty dark for me to make out where the res his hidden =\ ) Specs makes me nerdgasm I must commend you on that. The build is real solid just looking forward to you throwing in a 680 once it becomes fully supported to replace the ol reliable 480 (i'm sure still pushes fine but game wise it might not here and there)
Thanks. I have 2 Rads, one on the back bottom part of the case and one top part of the bottom of the plate (if that makes any sense). I chose the 480 as it works wonders for my Hi End apps (i.e.; Final Cut Pro, Motion, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.). I'm waiting for the 680 as well to support Mac OS X 10.7.2. We'll see what happens. Just curious, did you mention that you voted for my system? Let me know, thanks...
Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:32 AM
Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:44 AM
You got my vote. Sweet!
I've just been FAP'd though thanx to the pics.
Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:01 PM
Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:56 PM
Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:02 PM
PS. You've got my vote.
Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:02 PM
looks nicer than mine.Tandam Loop Watercooled Hackintosh. Her name;s CHRISTINE. - YouTube
Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:25 AM
Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:43 AM
Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:38 AM
Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:23 PM
Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:50 PM
Hi! What is your GEEKBENCH score? Please post it!
| | |
GeekBench (v2.2.6) scores of: 29152!!! With some tweaking I know the GB score can go higher. (Special Edit: New GB Score: 29,465!!!)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users