First tries

jonisign

216 posts in this topic

You patch these files in the installer?

Or on hard drive?

on hard drive i patched systemversion.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>

<string>12A128p</string>

<key>ProductCopyright</key>

<string>1983-2012 Apple Inc.</string>

<key>ProductName</key>

<string>Mac OS X</string>

<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>

<string>10.8</string>

<key>ProductVersion</key>

<string>10.7</string>

</dict>

</plist>

but with chameleon 1819 i get instant reboot

the other file

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

i dont know how to patch

Here are chameleons 1819 I compiled and were used to boot 10.8. I haven't tested them myself!

1. Tested by my friend that boots ONLY 10.8. (maybe also Snow Leopard, I don't know)

2. NOT TESTED that should be able to boot any OS X system. It compiled fine.

Thanks to MietasSR for help.

I will try to post diff file tomorrow, if second version of the file works fine.

No more SystemVersion editions are required.

I haven't installed Mountain Lion. Please don't ask me how to install this! I just edited Chameleon.

boot_only108_by_janek202.zip

boot_all_nottested_by_janek202.zip

boot_allnottested_v2_by_janek202.zip

So what exactly is the process for install?

We need to replace chameleon?

And then we have to do what?

I haven't downloaded yet, as I am not home. But is it a separate installer we install from another partition? Or an upgrade? Or?

Currently I am copying the base image. If I understand this thread I have to then run Chameleon 1819 on the USB stick, then replace the system version.plist with one using the 10.7 instead of 10.8, then boot and install? Will try this now and report back.

EDIT: Ok so running 1819 on the USB drive did not let me get past bios post screen. I do know that if I don't run chameleon on the drive, I can see it in my normal boot options, the deal is I get a KP if I try and boot that way. Any suggestions?

EDIT 2: Currently trying to boot from a backup drive running chameleon boot file janek provided, and then from there boot the USB Drive with just the ML image copied. Will report back,

EDIT 3: Backup drive won't boot, maybe I replaced the wrong boot file. Will keep trying until I figure this out.

EDIT 4: I think I did something wrong. Now, after I restored the BSD to the USB, it won't even let my computer get past the post screen. I guess I will wait till there is a definite guide to do this,

well... is very late for me...

Here what I try to do...

(I'm not a coder... so..)

i386/boot2/boot.c

libsaio/bootstruct.c

I "simply" add || (OR) for 10.8

Goodnight.

Nice to know !!!

I have also a ready patch for OS X detection (based on cparm OS X detection) I just add the Mountain "things"

:P

EDIT:

I commit this change in my Trunk Branches

Enjoy

Fabio

I`m getting kernel panic. It says something about IOService, AppleACPIPlatformExpert and IOUSBMassStorageClass. I`m trying to install ML on my external HDD, like I did with Lion. Anyone knows should I remove IOUSBMassStorageClass or any other kexts?

Mine boots fine, full graphics support without having to edit any files (I have my graphics injected via DSDT). Only issue is it seems to stay stuck for a while on IOAPIC when booting. It continue after that, just annoying that it takes ~1 min. I'm sure this will be smoothed out in time. For now though, seems to be running really well for a dev preview!

I can't seem to build your branch ErmaC. I am doing something wrong?

misc.c:170:12: error: promoted type 'int' of K&R function parameter is not compatible with the parameter type 'u_int16_t' (aka 'unsigned short') declared in a previous prototype

[-Werror]

u_int16_t l;

(i386/utils/fdisk/misc.c)

I can't seem to build your branch ErmaC. I am doing something wrong?

misc.c:170:12: error: promoted type 'int' of K&R function parameter is not compatible with the parameter type 'u_int16_t' (aka 'unsigned short') declared in a previous prototype

[-Werror]

u_int16_t l;

(i386/utils/fdisk/misc.c)

It's already built, use Chameleon Wizard and point it to the i386 folder to install. Chameleon Wizard will install and to the rest.