• Please log in to reply
3162 replies to this topic

FrancoisMurphy

FrancoisMurphy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
just passed a quiz on my way into the forums!!!
hello from Ottawa, Canada everyone!
hopefully my Dell will soon be sporting OSX

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,311 posts
Welcome everybody :)

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,725 posts
welcome...welcome...and...welcome !!!

:D

Aussie

Aussie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Building or buying a PC with up to date new components that is/are readily available in Australi...
Hi,

I'm Aussie from Australia.

The following is long for an introduction but explains why I am here.

Aim:
Via this site I hope to learn how to build an up-to-date PC with new 'recently' released
components (e.g., motherboard late 2011 to 2012 release) readily available here in Oz and supplied locally;
I'm open to the idea an 'off the shelf' PC option (or laptop) for warranty reasons e.g., Dell, HP etc; desktop preferred over
laptop but am open minded; that will run at least OS X 10.7 and hopefully 10.8 and beyond (will also be running
Linux and Windows if my hackintosh project fails); that has initially 'mid' range performance-at least as good as
Apple hardware of similar spec but hopefully better; that is CPU and other component upgradeable as budget allows
(e.g., may start with i5 and upgrade to i7 depending on the cost of build of a desktop solution);
that offers a cost advantage to Apple hardware of similar spec; that will have at least a four year working life.

I've attempted to research hardware options via this site in the past but have found a good deal of the hardware
is dated (at least that is the opinion of the suppliers I've talked to and my project has faltered before purchasing).
I'm trying to avoid 'special orders' as this attracts a premium. As my country has a smallish population supply
issues can arise. I'm trying to aim at PCs or components that are sold in volume here so that cost is minimised.
The process of, for example, cross referencing motherboard models between the hardware compatability list,
the manufacturers web sites, and what is available locally is tricky and exhausting. I'm hoping to learn from the
advice and experience of others to add to my own 'research' and speed up the project.
I've basically got to get it right from the start. If I can't get a workable spec right on 'paper' in a reasonable time
frame I may give up and buy Apple hardware or even switch and go to the 'dark side' :|

Cheers
Aussie

Broken Beat

Broken Beat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Gaming, Tech stuff, Music, Guitar, Dance
Hello, this is Lefteris, from Greece. Hackintosh came to new when my bro got a new pc 6 years ago, and i wanted to try osx, just to see what the fuss is about. That try failed, cause i was to young and impatient :P
A year ago, my new pc came home, and finally osx went on. 3-4 installations later, i'm stable on 10.6. Previous installs failed due to rushed updates and so on. I'm here to get help make my system better, faster, and eventualy to update!

sportwagon1965

sportwagon1965

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Cars/ Modding Computers/
Hello all Im new here and would love to learn all i can Im building a Windows computer with in the confines of a Powermac g5 case i have seen a lot of installs and mods doing this Im still trying to figure out if i want to make it a hackintosh though i would love to put OSX 10 on it I love my iMac it's a 2009 model and i think slowing i love OSX 10 I think i want to duo boot for better gaming thou

here is before and after so far the internals will either be AMD or Intel i have not decided yet

Attached Files

www.weihongchang

www.weihongchang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hello, everybody
I hongchangwei
After a lot of careAttached File  屏幕快照 2012-12-20 下午1.16.22.png   33.39KB   3 downloads

sp-1070

sp-1070

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, im Delano im dutch live in holland and since a couple of days i have my own macbook 1,1 with snow leo on it.
I have had lion on another one but i like snow leopard just fine, and since this is now my own macbook i'd like to join a forum and help out where ever i can :D

Weel thats that and il see yall around

koipond

koipond

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:piano, drums, bass, guitar, wurlitzer, rhodes ep, photography, cooking
Hi, new here. I made a hackintosh before, but I just followed a recipe and didn't really know what I was doing. Here's hoping that I learn how to "cook" instead of just "adding two cups of sugar and one quart milk."

superton

superton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi everybody! my name is Jacopo and i'm from italy!

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,311 posts
Welcome everybody :)

nutric

nutric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hello everyone! My name is Nikola and i'm from Croatia. My interest in hackintoshing is purely academic and i'm here to learn stuff i don't know anything about. Started about a week ago and so far ran into a few glitches on which i need help. Hope to have a great time on this forum!

rcampbell

rcampbell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys - Roy here - I build & fix PC's locally in our small town - Thanks for all the help and support on this site. It's enabled me to build a hack for a friend - he's being forced to upgrade from power-pc G5 & can't afford the Mac hardware.

With your help I've managed to get the Asus P5G41T-M LX ver.2 motherboard running SL10.6.6 (with Core2 Quad, 4GB DDR3 & Nvidia GT220 PCI-e card).

I had to disable Audio and LAN in bios before installation & re-enable after loading kexts - with kexts helper.

Please note this motherboard is the 41T model and Asus shows the wronge network chip in their website spec - It's not the Atheros chip so don't use the Atl1ekext_x64_20100430 kext.

A stronge magnifyier reveals it's a Realtek chip and the motherboard driver disc confirms this as it contains only Realtek RTL8136/8168/69 NDIS6 windows drivers. The RealtekRTL81xx.kext works fine and the VoodooHDA.kext works with the Audio chip.

I initially used a 1.5TB Seagate sata3 HDD as 2 x 750GB partitions but it wouldn't boot after the install - I got "boot0: error".
I read somewhere that the drive needs to < 1TB so I replaced it with a single WD 750GB sata2 HDD and that boots ok.

So guys, thanks again for all your hard work - best regards - Roy Campbell

p.s. If anyone has a Mac disk they cant read with a Mac OS - try hooking it to a PC via USB and run HFSExlorer to recover data. You may have to clone it to a good drive first.

mercurial

mercurial

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm Eddie. After 4 days of Research and Disaster, I finally installed SnowLeo to an Asus M4A78LT-M. (i'm a tad mentally challenged). Phenom II 8 gig ripjaws, onboard ati I am grateful for the forums. Thank you for sharing your hard earned knowledge. The time messing around with Linux and FreeBSD sure came in handy for this project. Again, let me thank you all.

OnefITA

OnefITA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:music, movies, games, motorbike
Hi everyone!
yesterday santa claus bring me the inspiration to solve osx 10.7 over acer 5740g issues... now is stable and running...
and finally I've decided to write also here!

I'm Onef (you can call me in this way) from Italy!

glad to be here! :D

HeavyGamerXX94

HeavyGamerXX94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Repairing Computers Hardware/Software, Gaming, Hacking Game Consoles.
Hello all!
My Name is Ahmed Anssaien (Last name sounds like Insane,That's a good start with INSANElymac lol :D ) .I'm 18 years old.I'm From Morocco, specifically from Tetuan (NORTH).
I'm a student, singer/rapper/songwriter/computer doctor & a Parkour player.
I love this community for providing many solutions for having a great Hackintosh.It also inspires me to make my own solutions when I'm stuck.
Thank you so much.
Cheers!

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,311 posts
A very warm welcome to everybody :)

Ak-RakRak

Ak-RakRak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:IT, PC's and OS X
    Old BMW's (E34)
    Old Motorbikes (Kawasaki Z1000J)
G'day, Long time Aussie lurker, 1st time poster. This forum was a major source of inspiration when building my LifeHacker Hackintosh about 18 months ago, and is an absolute gold mine of OSx i386 info, not to mention the helpfulness of the many experienced hackintoshers here. Being a long time Windoze user I've forgotten most of my Linux and having to get re-acquainted. I enjoy the challenge of keeping the Hackintosh going and got to 10.6.8 before it all came crashing down. Hence my having to emerge from the panelling to seek help.....

pitecantropo

pitecantropo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm Sam from Italy and I'm interesting in Hackintosh way for professional use of 3D graphics and gaming... :robot:

Razorhog

Razorhog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Metal music, fantasy literature, cigars, golf
Hello! I came across these forums will seeking help with RefiT. I was happily surprised at the amount of knowledge and information being processed here and wanted to join. While I found insanelymac due to a problem, I hope to be able to contribute when I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy