Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been using OSX86 for awhile, but now that I am dealing with more advanced stuff I want to learn more about it.

I've ran Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on my Dell Mini 10V successfully for awhile, however I uninstalled it because the machine is just not powerful enough to fully enjoy OSX. So I went ahead and installed Mavericks on my HP desktop, and it works near perfect. Right now I am in process of setting up OSX on a custom built PC dedicated for video/media editing.

I'm from CA, I do Marketing work at a computer company, and tech stuff has always been a hobby of mine. See you all around.

Hi all, been around computers for years, used to build my own PCs back in the day, until I switched to Macs about 6.5 years ago.

LOVE the OS, but being a power user, I think it's time for me to get back into building my own (especially with the recent limitations in the new Mac Mini...)

So this would be my first time seriously looking into building a Hackintosh for myself.

Hope to learn more about it here :)

Just a quick intro. My name is Daniell, 19 y.o (going on 20 this year). Love graphic designing and that is one of the main reasons I took interest in hackintosh. I heard people saying that video/graphic editing can be done "more" with OS X and also because I just love the UI, especially the one who just came out (10.10)

I made my first hackintosh using my acer laptop since last year with distro iAtkos-ML2 (see the specs in my signature). But counting since I made it then I stopped for a few months, I'd say I really enjoy my hackintosh after the few months I stop hackintoshing. Now, currently running 10.9.5 (niresh-mavericks) and attempting to climb up to Yosemite (10.10) and build my old PC into hackintosh :) wish me luck  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks,

Niell  B)

Hi,

im kronozFX, and i'm back on this account after some years because my old pc wasn't a good pc at all because it was a branded one, now i have built anew pc by my own and it is awesome, and after a moth i thought that i could try hackintosh now, and so i'm here.

Nice to meet you all.

P.S.I'm a complete newbie

Hi there folks! I'm Tom and recently got into Hackintoshing trying to get Ruby on Rails dev machine with a nicer frontend to replace my current work on two laptops, one running Windows for normal stuff and one with Ubuntu, operated mostly in the terminal for dev operations :) Did Hackintoshing way back around when Snow Leopard was released and although it kinda worked, I never got around the problem with Flash crashing my browser  :rolleyes:

Happy to say my new Hackintoshed Dell is working great now though!

Hey guys, 

My name is Matt and I am from Pittsburgh, PA... Long time reader, first time poster.  I am a car nerd who daylights as a System Admin for a large Fortune 500 bank to support my habit, my wife is mostly supportive so it makes it easier.

My current ride is a 2008 Corvette, slightly modified ;), in the past I have owned a 2005 Pontiac GTO and a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT.

My desktop is a Intel DP55KG Motherboard with 8gb ram a 2.93GHz i7 and an nVidia 9800GTX running Yosemite via Clover.

post-1238994-0-23854600-1413939870_thumb.jpg

post-1238994-0-42374900-1413940256_thumb.jpg

post-1238994-0-30451900-1413940312_thumb.jpg

post-1238994-0-26148900-1413941098_thumb.jpg

lusp00ky, also know as Luciano, born and raised in Porto Alegre, Brazil. I don't remember if I have posted here, it may be because I'm aging or because I'm unable to find the topic.

Currently a project manager on a PC company, but I can also write code, work on Linux, and love Mac OS - and I own a Mac Mini.

I'm a user since Aug 2007, so have done several installations of Mac OS. I also wrote a guide to get an old Atheros wireless chip to work with OS X, but it stopped working after Mountain Lion.

Oh, and I can't find the quiz link, because when I subscribed on 2007 the rules were different.

Hello,

My name is midi, I'm fairly old :|

Well midi I don't beleive i've introduced myself so...

Hello I'm Hacker Pro, I like the idea of running OS X on my PC so I looked around and I saw this place, I like it just becuase I have a amd CPU i'm not kicked out (blow to you tonymuck and MacMan) just becuase I'm OK with distros I'm not kicked (though not the best support) And I like the people here and that this place has the best stuff usually, so hi and i'm not here to get5 help then leave forever becuase if theres OS X there will be the need for knowledge.