Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I am not new but also not too old ??!,

I wish all the newcomers who have found the wide away here, a pleasant time in our multi national hackintosh Community

And that will be all your questions and lack of knowledge here with us answered so that you have soon received sufficient experience and knowledge with hackintoshs , then being able to help other newbies - welcome everybody??

• Like 1

I don't think I've posted here before, but I've been part of Insanelymac for quite a long time. I'm Konner, and I've been hackintoshing since I found out how to get Tiger installed on my old IBM Netvista. Now I'm still around with AMD, and I absolutely love the forum! I hang around the AMD development subforum. Nice to meet everyone here!

• Like 2

Hello, I have been registered since 2008 under another user.. But I'm back and want to share my experiences overthe last 5 years, I'm running Dual Xeons in Z9PE, liquid cooled for High-End Film Industry work. I've been on a moive since July, and now have some free time to tinker once again. My Dual Xeon has proved the reliability of These systems in the harshest environment... a Film Set.

Hi there, my name is matt and I'm embarking on my first G5 hackintosh build. Thank you very much already for the posts, ideas, and information that will make my build easier and I hope I can learn from the challenges of those who did this before me!

Oi Oi, my name is Fredrik, from Sweden. New on this forum. Joined when i came up with the idea of transmute my Asus u36 into a Hackintosh. As a step into more Hackintosh projects. Had plans earlier to but this time hopefully i stick with it! Ill hope to both learn and contribute somehow.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Hello All,  my name's Mark and I've just joined the forum.  I currently run a mid 2011 27" iMac, quad core i5 2.7 GHz.  I'm here because I want to build a Hackintosh, which will be the first computer I've ever built.  I'll be using it to run an application called Hauptwerk (HW), which is virtual pipe organ software.  The memory requirements in particular for this app are large; my current iMac has 32GB RAM and won't run my main HW organ at 24 bit.  To avoid audio glitches I have to load it at 16 bit, which is not optimal.  

And that's just in plain stereo.  At some stage I'm going to want to move to surround sound, and if I want to do that at 24 bit I'm going to need over 64GB.  Probably not 128GB, but more than 64.  So I need to find out whether to buy a motherboard that currently takes up to 64GB RAM, and hope that by the time I move to surround, someone will have brought out 16GB SODIMMS rather than 8GB, or whether to go straight for a board that will take 128GB now.  Processor will probably be high-end i7 or maybe Xeon.

I'm looking forward to exploring the forum to find answers!

Best wishes,

Mark

• Like 1

hi sir,

i have my laptop with following configuration.

ASUS K55V

4 gb RAM

nvidia 2.0 gb graphics

500 gb hdd

win 7 ultimate 64 bit

intel i3 processor

i would like to install mac os snow leopard on my laptop.

can you please help me out for this.

Thanks

ASUS PAI

@asuspai

provide more details.

if your CPU is what is described here:

Snow Leopard does not support this CPU series, only to the first generation.
in this Notebook you can install Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

but if snow is as necessary, you can create a virtual machine.

but posting here is not correct, if you want help post here.

Hello

hi sir,

i have my laptop with following configuration.

ASUS K55V

4 gb RAM

nvidia 2.0 gb graphics

500 gb hdd

win 7 ultimate 64 bit

intel i3 processor

i would like to install mac os snow leopard on my laptop.

can you please help me out for this.

Thanks

ASUS PAI

Like fantomas1 always says.... You want help, so.... CALL 911 :lol: 

In here doesn't area to ask about your problems ... please, create a new topic about this :)

• Like 2

Hello, I'm Meri and I am from Scotland.

I currently have a late 2008 Macbook and it's getting a bit tired. Looking at my options to upgrade and I'm a bit of a gamer so I want to get a PC but at the same time I'm hooked on OSX and dread the thought of having to use Windows all the time. So that has brought me here. Looking forward to finding out as much as i can and getting set up with my own Hackintosh. 

ATB :)

Hi All...I'm very new to this Hackintosh thing.  Really just started this weekend.  I was beating my head against the wall until I found out that AMD is not the best CPU to start with.  So I put a VMware VMX prebuilt package on my other machine which is Intel.  No issues.  Took like 15 minutes.  Id love to be able to put in on my AMD laptop using VMware but all the videos show some reference to an AMD kernel cmd that changes something so that I wont get the cpu stopped message.  Ive searched high and low with no luck. 

Glad to be here though.  There is a ton of info and now I think Id like to build an Intel laptop and stop doing the AMD VMware thing.

Hi!

My name is Christian.

I write from Italy and I'm 38 year's old.

I like very much this quote of Koliberk user:

...Hi, I'm a PC, but I got tired of crashing, so I installed OSX...

:P

I hope to learn a lot of thinks in this forum! (I'm new in the mac world!)

Thank's

Christian.

• Like 1

Greetings from London, England. I have just finished building my second hack, the first being a laptop. I have lurked this forum for many years, and I figured now is the time to come out of the shadows. I have learnt a lot from the community and just want to say thanks to you, you've probably helped me even if you don't realise it. 

I'm not the most experienced hack'er, but I am more than happy to contribute anything I discover on my journey to the collective.