Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hey everybody

Just about to embark on a PowerMac G5 Hackintosh after grabbing an old G5 from my dad and the need to upgrade my aging 2006 iMac!

I'm also in my last year of a machine shop engineering apprenticeship. So I have a huge array of machines and equipment to do any case modifying. So expect to see some CNC work coming from me and possibly some anodised bits in the build...just because I can!

Sam

Greets from Mother Russia. I'm a software developer (groovy / grails, java). I was reading this forum from time to time (a few years) but now decided to write for the 1st time :).

There was a short funny story (also I believe English people have some similar story) about a young boy who remained silent for 6 years since his birth. One day he just said: "my meat is overroasted". His parents asked: "Wow! You can talk! Why you were not speaking before?" and he answered "Before that my meat was just fine".

Just like that boy, right now I'm having issues with my new Hackintosh laptop so I decided to stop being silent :)

Cheers.

Glad I found this place!  Semi-retired techie,  who has started getting repair jobs on the occasional mac.  Had to learn OSX,  easiest way is a virtual machine for me,  the vmware unlocker is essential for this.  Working perfect under Workstation 10.01.  Pretty much have OSX down now,  much easier to work with than freebsd....

HUGE WARMING HELLO to all the people here that do so much hard work, hopefully I will be able to learn a great deal from everyone. Im having tons of fun and i've only scratched the surface of this forum! 

Installing ML 10.8.3, was running snow leopard.

Exciting!!!

Regards,

JackP

Hi all. Ziggy here. I've been looking in to loading up OS X on to my PC for a while. I've currently got a Fall 2010 MBP and a PC that I built out earlier this year. 

This is my current set up... Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO GPU: MSI 660Ti PSU: Seasonic M12II HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB  

I'm also going to school for networking. I hope to learn a lot from y'all.

Hey everybody!! im working on ASRock 970Extream 3 Amd Phenom IIx6 1075t, Nvidia Geforce 440 GT, 8 GB ram 1333 Mhz:) someone join me ? im trying to put Mavericks and...i have almost finished  ;)graag help :)

Hi,every1! I am new 2 OSx86 stuffs....

Was on Linux and BSD.Needed sum refreshment.

I've heard of iDeneb,JaS,Kali.....,iAtkos etc..

can any1 please tell the linx(http/torrent) 2 d/load 'em?

or better the latest 1, the maverick 10.9.x?

Hi I'm Chris. I just came into possession of a Powerbook G4 17" 1.67Ghz Aluminum. I'm a Windoze user. Last time I used a Mac was 1985 (Apple II+). I'd like to get this old boat anchor up and running, but, like an ex-wife, it doesn't want to cooperate.

Hello, my name is hackernel, mostly, my nick is just "kERNEL".

I was always looking at Mac's with my mouth open, and because i'm not able to afford one, i'm trying to install it on my PC.

(And i want to get a basic knowledge about Hackintosh, so maybe i'll contribute to community with something)

And to you, devs, that work hard to get Mac OS X on our PC's, keep it up, i like what you do for community.

• Like 1

Hi i'm k3cco, and i have 2 PCs

1) MOBO: asus m3a

CPU: AMD athlon x2 6000+

GPU: Nvidia GTS450

RAM: 4GB

2) model: HP DV6-3016sl

CPU: Intel i3

GPU: ATI HD5650

RAM: 4GB

WIRELESS: Atheros ar9285

Audio: Realtek ALC887 or ALC883 or (?) (i'm not sure of this particular)

Hey i'm 15days .....

I'm looking to build a monster ! .... I am reading and researching as much as I can ....please excuse we if I ask schoolboy questions ! until I am up to speed !

Anyone willing to give me any advice I thank you in advance !

Thanks

15Days