macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

Hey Webcivilian,

I am doing good thanks for your concern mate, i am working full time on Windows Blue project, So sorry i don't have time and I have abandoned this project, but i have left out resources for you guys to use and develop.

All the best.

cheers

Needing a bit of help. I was able to get 10.8 Iatkos L2 installed using the usb method to partiition 3 on my HDD, rebooted and was able to finish the install but had to do it in safemode. I installed and deleted the kexts in the guide installed chameleon V2.2, ran the kext wizard, and rebooted, it gets halfway through the boot process and restarts, any ideas what can be causing this?

Just wanted to add a note, it completes the bootloader process gets to the message "pausing for 5 seconds..." flashes 3 lines showing that it did something and reboots. It doesn't panic, and it does the reboot to fast to get a picture or read the line that maybe causing the reboot issue. I also have windows 7 on paritition 1, OsX 10.7.3 on Parition 2, OsX 10.7 does the same thing when I try to boot it as 10.8 which leads me to believe a problem exist in the bootloader files.

****Above problem was fixed by installing Chamealon 2.2 to both the Lion 10.7.3 and the Mt Lion 10.8.2 Paritions, apparently the boot loader on 10.7.3 was conflicting with the v2.2 on 10.8.2,************

In need of help after fixing the boot conflict, I am not able to boot 10.8.3 unless I use -v -x, when I use just -v the system hangs at "still waiting for root device" this happens just after

com.apple.applefscompressiontypedataless load succeeded

[realtexrtl81xx:init] Using Updated PHY config method

[realtekRtl81xx:init] init completed

[rtl81xx@0x2000:rtl8168_init_board] NIC identified as rtl8168E/8111E (mcfg=14)

still waiting for root device

I am using the latest chameleon boot loader, with the dsdt from the kexts Pack. Intel I5 2450M, 25 bus ratio non-3d model

Any help would be great

In need of help after fixing the boot conflict, I am not able to boot 10.8.3 unless I use -v -x, when I use just -v the system hangs at "still waiting for root device" this happens just after

hello

try to do rollback for the appleacpiplatform from 10.8.2

good hack

hello

try to do rollback for the appleacpiplatform from 10.8.2

good hack

I Would assume I just reinstall the original Appleacpiplatform kext that I replaced with the one from the kext pack. If this is the process no need to reply otherwise feel free to correct me. I have learned a lot from the forums and "google" I have hackintosh'd an AMD with 10.6.2, Acer Laptop with 10.6.2, and this laptop twice now 10.7.3 and 10.8.2.

file://localhost/Users/christopher/Desktop/photo.JPG

So i used the appleacpiplatform.kext from the original dmg image of ML 10.8.2 when I boot with just -v the system hangs, looks like panics on the cpu's. I removed the dsdt.aml thinking that might be causing the issue but apparently its not.

post-960813-0-24615400-1364347640_thumb.jpg

@ Chrisemtpa

You don't need to patch any other kexts besides the one in the Kext pack on the first page for 10.8.2 as you don't need some of the kexts with the unlocked A19 bios. I assume you are using that from your sig. Make sure you have DSDT in your extra folder. I don't see SSDTs for your CPU in the kext pack but I assume you might have them.

The error in your screenshot is VoodooHDA just remove it from S/L/E for now and see if it lets you through.

I did all the above suggestion now I get stuck at this screen...Anymore ideas? Where do i find the unlocked a19 bios? Mine is definitely not unlocked and it is still freezing after the realtek line in the screen shot below

I have a bigger problem, I think the laptop went to sleep and now i am unable to wake it. 10.8.2 was running in safe mode, and the screen saver came on for a few seconds the screen went black and it shut off. Now when I press the power button, the lights cycle on the hard drive spins up and then it all shuts down again. I removed the battery and power plug for about 3hours plugged it all back in and it continues to do the same thing Fixed who knows what happened....

post-960813-0-66328400-1364431591_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chrisemtpa

I did all the above suggestion now I get stuck at this screen...Anymore ideas? Where do i find the unlocked a19 bios? Mine is definitely not unlocked and it is still freezing after the realtek line in the screen shot below

I have a bigger problem, I think the laptop went to sleep and now i am unable to wake it. 10.8.2 was running in safe mode, and the screen saver came on for a few seconds the screen went black and it shut off. Now when I press the power button, the lights cycle on the hard drive spins up and then it all shuts down again. I removed the battery and power plug for about 3hours plugged it all back in and it continues to do the same thing Fixed who knows what happened....

Hello Chrisemtpa, here it is the unlocked bios:

http://www.insanelym...72#entry1865872

And that's the reason I haven't updated yet, the AppleHDA. :wink2:

Hi man, about the AppleHDA, I mean just patching the binary you know, is really easy: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1898338

And keep in mind these three (3) files from your actual AppleHDA.kext: http://www.insanelym...k/#entry1849500

Note: layoutXY.xml.zlib depends of your own layout-id (usually is 12 = 0C) that works for your codec by DSDT injection or by Enabler.

That's all you need to do about it in ML 10.8

• Like 2

Ok so i removed Apple HDA, and rolled back to apppleacpiplatform.kext and still unable to boot without use of -x, I went back and used the l702x kexts for the dell still can't boot without -x. I have the unlocked bios with (AHCI?) hard drive enabled. Also when I restart or shut down 10.8.2 it hangs on a gray screen with just the mouse cursor.

post-960813-0-30486400-1364833311_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I've installed OSX on my l702x dell laptop using http://iatkos.me/ tutorial and I have an issue with my video card (GeForce GT 555M):

4/3/13 1:49:57.541 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C UID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C TRIGGER:-PT15H ATTACH;VALUE=URI:Basso ACTION:AUDIO END:VALARM]

4/3/13 1:49:57.543 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 UID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 TRIGGER;VALUE=DATE-TIME:19760401T005545Z ACTION:NONE END:VALARM]

4/3/13 2:03:43.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

4/3/13 2:04:04.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

4/3/13 2:04:25.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Mihai

Hi man, about the AppleHDA, I mean just patching the binary you know, is really easy: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1898338

And keep in mind these three (3) files from your actual AppleHDA.kext: http://www.insanelym...k/#entry1849500

Note: layoutXY.xml.zlib depends of your own layout-id (usually is 12 = 0C) that works for your codec by DSDT injection or by Enabler.

That's all you need to do about it in ML 10.8

Could you pls provide more details about patching vanila AppleHDA for alc665 (l702x).

Did you try to use NullCPUPowerManagement kext? It might be an issue with your SSDTs. Go through this link which details how to install ML for the first time: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

You might also want to try and limit the cpu to 1 in the chameleon plist.

Could you pls provide more details about patching vanila AppleHDA for alc665 (l702x).

Did you try my patched AppleHDA for ALC665 from the downloads section for 10.8.3. The details are there for you to edit the DSDT for ALC665 and layout. Here is the link: http://www.insanelym...hda-for-alc665/

You can look at the included layout88.xml and Platforms.xml if you want to understand those in detail. Also you can hex diff using tool like Hex Fiend my AppleHDA binary with a vanilla AppleHDA binary and find the differences which is much easier.

Or you can manually patch which works with 10.8.0 through 10.8.3:

Open AppleHDA.kext / Contents / MacOS / AppleHDA in Hex Fiend

ctrl + f to Find Hex, 6202EC10, there should be a total of two occurrences, replace them with 6506EC10.

Also you will need to zero out some hex code so don't get assertions.
Find 0000 in my AppleHDA or hex compare and replace them in the binary.

After that you can remove any HDA enabler kexts.

• Like 1

Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and help. Turns out i missed deleting a 2 of the kext files from the system, once they were gone I was able to boot fine. i do have one strange occurrence though. After the screen saver tuns off I am unable to use the left click button on the track pad or tap to click any ideas?

Hello guys. I had installed ML 10.8.2 that mackyreddy shared with us some time ago, and I tried to upgrade it to version 10.8.3 using the OSXUpdCombo10.8.3.dmg file, but when the process finished, I received an error, and now I can't boot into ML. My system stops on this screen:

post-678482-0-66210600-1365281453_thumb.jpg

What could I do to fix it??

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

Hi,

I've installed OSX on my l702x dell laptop using http://iatkos.me/ tutorial and I have an issue with my video card (GeForce GT 555M):

4/3/13 1:49:57.541 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C UID:0F36ACEC-A90F-4E20-9737-BAFF95552B9C TRIGGER:-PT15H ATTACH;VALUE=URI:Basso ACTION:AUDIO END:VALARM]

4/3/13 1:49:57.543 PM CalendarAgent[1538]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.alarms] [Could not parse the ics containing the default alarms. Using none as the default alarms. ICS: BEGIN:VALARM X-WR-ALARMUID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 UID:EA26CDC8-9F52-48CA-A30B-232FAD65D1F2 TRIGGER;VALUE=DATE-TIME:19760401T005545Z ACTION:NONE END:VALARM]

4/3/13 2:04:04.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

4/3/13 2:04:25.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Mihai

@ Zpecter - If you don't have the 3D model then you need to remove nvidia kexts from S/L/E.

Thanks mate, now it boots again, but I have some other issues.

I have the unlocked bios and one of its features was the native speedstep, but it's not working for me.

What can I do to solve it??

Another issue is related to Chameleon. I have installed several versions but I can't make it works. I only see the message: "boot0: done" and it automatically boots into windows 8, it doesn't show any menu nor anything else.

What could be the problem??

PS: I have the SSDTs from the first post and the correct ones for my cpu, of course. :wink2:

@Zpecter - I would boot in verbose mode (-v) and check the full logs. You can the boot logs by downloading Chameleon Wizard. If you can post the logs I can look at them. Also, you can post your chameleon.plist from the Extra folder so I can see what options are set.

But to try and solve it yourself you can check in chameleon.plist the timeout value.

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

If the timeout value is 0 then most likely it will boot into the default OS.

Hello, this is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

And where is the log file?? Is it system.log or another one??

• 3 weeks later...