• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I've just see a youtube video about someone that installs 10.7.1 and I see that when the instalation:

Finish you have to get this screen:

But my laptop suddenly reboot itselfs when it's one minute to go (I tought I was right, but now I'm not that sure).

Am I right??

Thanks.

Bad image i believe buddy.

Get a copy of iatkosl2 (If you already own a copy of lion legally it shouldn't be an issue with forum rules to ask this).
Burn it on a standard dvd at 4x speeds and use that.

Playing around with the usb style installations can cause issues.

jnxjn

jnxjn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Good news!
99% works! The DSDT included with DoiX's package was my problem. I replaced the DSDT with the one i had originally after the install (through windows macdrive) and sleep works, shutdown works and and everything else except for reboot but I'm ok with that. Also voodoo battery still says that there is no battery available, and I can't find a fix for it. I've tried different voodoobatteries but none work. Any other options to show battery life?

Careyru try installing iatkosL1 again but use a different file because yours sounds like something has gone wrong during the downloading process. Or it was not burned/copied properly.

Install iatkos L1
boot into windows andd in macdrive install the DSDT posted at page 2 or 3.
boot into osx with robot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=22 (or your value if it's not) cpus=1 DSDT=/Extra/DSDT.aml
go through the setup process and after that you should be at the Lion desktop or login page
install DoiX's v6 package and DO NOT INSTALL THE DSDT INCLUDED OR THE SOUND KEXTS
reboot. you should be able to boot without robot le
Install ##### and install the things that the guide says
After that, it should be working flawlessly
  • g29 likes this

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
@jnxjn

I burn again the DVD and the instalation finish all right.

I do what you say and again the same kernel panic.

When you say DO NOT INSTALL THE DSDT INCLUDED OR THE SOUND KEXTS you install every thing the same except the DSDT and the sound tips??

I'll try one more time tonight.

Thanks!!

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Is it compulsory to copy de DSDT to extra??

I think in the Doix original guide you do not have to copy the DSDT.

Post Lion Install:
L502x V6 - autoinstall kext pack (audio,trackpad,battery,cpu temperature detection,DSDT,SSDT,applications, patched AICPUPM, system definitions)

If you have the FHD Display, your screen will be fuzzy and pinkish.. you just have to get pass the set up screen so you can get to the desktop and install(copy to /Extra folder) the proper patch. It is located in the auto installer L502x-Lion_v6 > IMPORTANT!Boot.plist > FOR OTHER SCREENS!. Select it.

If you have the normal HD Display, you can find the right patch in L502x-Lion_v6 > IMPORTANT!Boot.plist > ONLY FOR 1920x1080 SCREENS!.

The kexts in the pack are mandatory to boot without rBoot LE CD/ to be fully functional. Install them with Kext Wizard (also provided) in S/L/E+

Thanks

Ahmed_shiko

Ahmed_shiko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
error install iatkos l1

Still waiting for root device

plz hellp me

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I bought an USB WiFi dongle, this one: http://www.buyincoin...oduct-2464.html
I want to use it on Lion, but I dont know how that works. I inserted the dongle and I get these screens in Lion:
Posted Image
Posted Image

How do I configure my WiFi?

Some information about the donge:
Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

I attached the OSX and Linux drivers that were included

Attached Files

weirdman6

weirdman6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey NotMeAgain,

I have the l702x, and it has the same audio codec (alc665) and I have noticed the amount of bass!
How do you modify the amount of bass in the audio kexts? I couldn't find the reference you mentioned earlier in the plist file

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Hey NotMeAgain,

I have the l702x, and it has the same audio codec (alc665) and I have noticed the amount of bass!
How do you modify the amount of bass in the audio kexts? I couldn't find the reference you mentioned earlier in the plist file

Hi, I followed this information:

To fix the heavy bass you need to remove the node:

Dell_XPS_ALC665.kext/Contents/info.plist

HDA Platform Resource > Layouts > PathMapRef > IntSpeaker > SignalProcessin

It might help if you get a decent text editor, or plist editor that groups those nodes together.

You are looking in the plist file something like this structure:

<IntSpeaker>
<SignalProcessin>

You need to find the associating "</node>" and delete from <SignalProcessin> to that last node.

I'm not explaining it very well. When I get home I'll upload the kext for you.

dxluong

dxluong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
My laptop is always at 56->60oC (idle or not).
It is currently 10.7.3 with patched AICPUPM. BIOS is A06.
I use 3TS-SSDT.

I installed lion following exactly in the guide.

I read somewhere that maybe FakeSMC is the culprit. My version is 3.1.0.

Can someone tell what I missed?

weirdman6

weirdman6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ah, i still can't find the correct block of code to remove from the audio kext

movb

movb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, any ideas how to update Lion to 10.7.3 (or maybe to 10.7.4)? I think the only thing I need is patched AICPUPM for 10.7.3?

bern23

bern23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi thanks for all the effort of the contributors here..i am now running osx lion on my xps L502x....done perfectly with some small modification,
1) i downgrade bios to A06
2) i made extra extensions folder inside Extra folder and put all the kext with dependency problem bcoz of the jmicron kext, now its running well without kernel panic on boot.
3) i change wifi card to atheros

Thanks again guys...

アルツロ

アルツロ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hello, any ideas how to update Lion to 10.7.3 (or maybe to 10.7.4)? I think the only thing I need is patched AICPUPM for 10.7.3?

Yes, what we need for update from iAtkos L2 10.7.2 ??

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy