• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
So I have to edit SMBIOS.plist with the windows text editor?? and run OSx with the HD DSDT or with the one here http://dl.dropbox.co...DSDT-HD.aml.zip ?

What and where do I have to write in the SMBIOS.plist?

Thanks

AKennedy_4

AKennedy_4

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Sports
If graphics are workin and USB 2.0 ports are working the DSDT isn't your problem. The system isn't booting because you misinstalled the kext. Try reinstalling through the pack I providied

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

So I have to edit SMBIOS.plist with the windows text editor?? and run OSx with the HD DSDT or with the one here http://dl.dropbox.co...DSDT-HD.aml.zip ?

What and where do I have to write in the SMBIOS.plist?

Thanks

The SMBios.plist should be in /Extra/

In there you will see some family/identifiers, like "Macbook" etc etc.

I'll post mine in a few minutes when I get back to my desk.

AKennedy_4

AKennedy_4

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Guys, why are yall so concerned about editing the SMBios.. His problem has nothing to do with the SMBios. The boot issue is purely related to missinstallation of the kext. You need to install everything in DoiX's installer and deferintiate between the options I specified in the guide

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Guys, why are yall so concerned about editing the SMBios.. His problem has nothing to do with the SMBios. The boot issue is purely related to missinstallation of the kext. You need to install everything in DoiX's installer and deferintiate between the options I specified in the guide

I was referring to this:
Posted Image

I followed a guide precisely, and only after I set the SMbios correctly did it disappear.

If i set it to mbp8,1 i get this again.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,2</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02F93FQDH2G</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The Dell ALC665 files can be found here:
http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2079
A bit bass heavy but this is fixed by removing the SoundProcessing node from the plist in the dell_xps next.

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
When do you edit the SMbios?? After or before installing the Kext?

I can not be missintalling the kext because just after finishing the instalation and before installing the kext if I copy the HD DSDT to extra an I reboot I can not rebootle (blank screen).

I'll try SMbios edition and I'll tell you.

Thanks in advance.

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Editing SMBios did not work..... No more than the same kermel panic when rebooting wihtout bootLE

Some more idea about it??

Thanks

AKennedy_4

AKennedy_4

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
That because your entire issue has to do with installing the Kext. You need to install the Kext from my pack (Zip file), using Kext Wizard. After install run kext utility and disk utility. This should correct that problem.

As for the screen issue, you are right, that should be a Smbios issue. I think it can also be solved by deleting SNBIntelGraphics.kext or something like that. But I think NotMeAgain documented this

jnxjn

jnxjn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Ok so I deleted voodooHDA and I don't get that sound anymore. Then i installed DoiX's v6 package.
I can finally boot up fine, finally get native resolution and all, but only problem is that there is no sound but I'll try fixing that tomorrow when i have time. What i plan to do is delete the audio kexts installed by the packager (AppleHDA and the ALC one? correct me if I'm wrong) and then installing the kexts provided from your pack. If that doesn't work I'll stick with voodoo hda.
Btw I think it's a kext install issue as there is like a circle and a line in the middle of it when i try to adjust the sound. And i still get the error (system extension cannot be used) for applehda, dellxpsalc)

One problem I couldn't figure out though, is the battery meter. It shows a battery with an x in the middle.

Other than that, everything is working flawlessly, except for wifi but I'm going to order the dw1510 soon.
I had the apple branded bcm94321mc from my other hackintosh laptop, only problem is that the xps came with only 1 antenna cable, so only 1 card would hook up.
Quick couple of questions tho,
1) compared to the dw1510 how is the performance of the apple branded 94321mc?
2) will it work in windows 7?

Sorry for the long post but thanks!

EDIT:
i tried putting it to sleep and all it does is the screen goes black and i can hear the fans actually run a bit faster. It also won't wake up.
I thought sleep works, or do i need a sleepenabler.kext?
Also, I am on A06 bios
And when i turn off or reboot osx, it doesn't shut down. It stays as a black screen and the only way to turn it off is by holding the power button

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
@'jnxjn'
Was your blank screen the same a mine?? (in order to solve the same way as you)

Attached File  post-958036-0-35597300-1328689932_thumb.jpg   3.45KB   12 downloads

@NotMeAgain
Is there something else left that I have to do to make osx run. I have done what you said, and always get the same kernel panic.

@AKennedy_4
I have installed DoiX's v6 package + kext utility + disk utility + reboot = kernel panic.
your packege + kext utility + disk utility + reboot = kernel panic.
DoiX's v5 package + kext utility + disk utility + reboot = kernel panic.

@You all

The only differences in my instalation are.

1) Just before the DVD finished installing Lion, the system ask me to plug a keyboard to go on. I do it, I pass that screen and I can go on without the keyboard.
2) After the configuration (name, hour, etc....) I rebootLE typing

-v GrahpicsEnabler=no busratio=22 cpus=1

and I can run OSX without any DSDT (I mean graphics works) . The problems came after that if I copy (in win7) the DSDT, install Kext.

May it be something about the Lion version I've installed (I think mine is 10.7.1, I do not have my laptop in here)?

Thanks in advance

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

When you say everything, you mean activate all the tips (except the one from the screen, system definitions and Speedstepper where I choose the ones needed)?

Thanks in advance.

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

@'jnxjn'
Was your blank screen the same a mine?? (in order to solve the same way as you)

Attached File  post-958036-0-35597300-1328689932_thumb.jpg   3.45KB   12 downloads

@NotMeAgain
Is there something else left that I have to do to make osx run. I have done what you said, and always get the same kernel panic.

@AKennedy_4
I have installed DoiX's v6 package + kext utility + disk utility + reboot = kernel panic.
your packege + kext utility + disk utility + reboot = kernel panic.
DoiX's v5 package + kext utility + disk utility + reboot = kernel panic.

@You all

The only differences in my instalation are.

1) Just before the DVD finished installing Lion, the system ask me to plug a keyboard to go on. I do it, I pass that screen and I can go on without the keyboard.
2) After the configuration (name, hour, etc....) I rebootLE typing

-v GrahpicsEnabler=no busratio=22 cpus=1

and I can run OSX without any DSDT (I mean graphics works) . The problems came after that if I copy (in win7) the DSDT, install Kext.

May it be something about the Lion version I've installed (I think mine is 10.7.1, I do not have my laptop in here)?

Thanks in advance

Boot up with -v again, and carefully read the screen at the point of kernel panic, I am assuming it has something to do with speed stepping.

You'll see just under the:

STACK TRACE
BLAH
BLAH
JARGON
BLAH BLAH
MORE JARGON

Something something random meaningless bs AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement blah blah blah
further bs Something something random meaningless bs AppleIntelACIP blah blah Lar di dar
Even more bs Something something random meaningless bs AppleIntelCPU blah blah blah

You should see something around there, the top one is the more interesting. This is 90% the root of all your problems with the kernel panic.
If so, try locating an AICP/ACPIPlatform/Speedstep kext for your system version

failing that Try installing the NullCPU power management kexts, or failing that download the latest version of lion (from the appstore :) ) 10.7.2 - this is the version I used and it worked.

If it's something like AppleHDA/VoodooHDA - remove VoodooHDA and install the kexts i posted.

Audio not working...

Use my audio kexts posted a page back!
Install using kext wizard, or:

cp -rf /Users/yourname/Downloads/ALC665(or whatever)/*.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Run kext utility to repair, and rebuild system cache, reboot.

Go to applications->Audio and Midi->Set your output from Headphones to Internal->Enjoy sound.

Computer wont sleep or wake??? da faq???

Make sure you have the right DSDT installed (FHD for the 1080 screen, HD for the 768).

If using i7 CPU's use the SSDT from Doix pack

If using i5 CPU's ingore the SSDT from Doix pack, use GeneratePStates=Yes and GenerateCStates=Yes as boot arguments.

Make sure you are using Native speedstepping, get rid of sleepenabler, nullcpu, speedstepper etc etc you won't need it of you've installed things correctly.

jnxjn

jnxjn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
@calreyru
No my blank screen was just black. But that was my first problem though.
make sure you installed the right dsdt, then boot
-v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=22 cpus=1 DSDT=/Extra/DSDT.aml and make sure you include that last flag. That's what made my screen work

I'm still having audio issues =(. Deleted AppleHDA.kext and the dell one in order to use voodoo since it worked for me before. Now it doesn't work. (with voodoo). i get KP's at boot
Also my battery meter is still not showing anything, my sleep isn't working and so is my restart/shut down.

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

@calreyru
No my blank screen was just black. But that was my first problem though.
make sure you installed the right dsdt, then boot
-v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=22 cpus=1 DSDT=/Extra/DSDT.aml and make sure you include that last flag. That's what made my screen work

I'm still having audio issues =(. Deleted AppleHDA.kext and the dell one in order to use voodoo since it worked for me before. Now it doesn't work. (with voodoo). i get KP's at boot
Also my battery meter is still not showing anything, my sleep isn't working and so is my restart/shut down.

Use Voodoo battery.

And do not use this system going forwards. Make a note of what had worked, wipe, re-install.

I followed the guide on page one, quite loosely, I used Iatkos L2 instead, but did use the patches and kexts supplied.
The only difference is:

I used my own sourced xps ALC kexts, and VoodooBattery and SMBios definitions of macbookpro8,2

jnxjn

jnxjn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I am using voodoo battery though. I'll download another copy of it to see if it'll work
And for my sleep issue/ shutdown issue, I'm going to try installing evoreboot through #####. If that works then I'll keep going with my current system.
What I plan to do with sound is to install the 10.7.2 combo update, then reinstall the audio from doix's package, and of course the aupic or whatever the thing is called.
and notmeagain can you post the xps alc kexts? I'll try it if the doix reinstall doesn't work.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I actually don't want to wipe everything because I'm scared of ruining my windows boot mgr again. But if I fail and it is necessary I'll take the risk

and on a kind of unrelated note, how good is the apple branded bcm94321mc for wifi compared to the dw1510 performance wise?

Update:

evoreboot caused kernel panic at startup. deleted it and now system won't boot. Prior to his I installed the chimera 1.7 from ##### and also the 10.7.2 update.
I'm gonna start fresh and reinstall osx sometime in the weekend hopefully. damn exam week is going to keep me busy.
I have a feeling that installing doix's v5 package first instead of v6 was maybe the cause of my shut down/ reboot problem. Maybe sleep too.

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
it is possible buddy.

Sorry to hear it nuked on you, I feel kinda bad because mine worked first time, but then again I have been messing with this stuff since 10.5 on and off.

By "System won't boot" it may be because Chimera overwrote your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /extra thereby erasing your "busratio=22 DSDT=/Extra/no-nvidia.aml GraphicsEnabler=No" keys.

I've had absolutely no need for eve-reboot or anything else for that matter.

Installed windows, installed OSX, boot with rbootle, finish installation, install DoiX pack, and correct DSDT, run ##### select the options shown on the first page, get rid of nullcpu.kext run kextutility, restart.

boot straight into OSX, no sound... look around for the Dell kexts (they are a couple pages back btw) install them, grab voodoo battery from kexts.com, install them, run kextutility reboot, enjoy.

It really was that simple for me, and the best thing to do when you lose track of whats happened is just boot off iatkosl2, nuke the mac partition and start again ;)

edit:

Actually, the kexts are linked on this very page!

The Dell ALC665 files can be found here:
http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2079
A bit bass heavy but this is fixed by removing the SoundProcessing node from the plist in the dell_xps next.

I wouldn't let a hackintosh interfere with exam week though, I did that in the early days and overwrote my MFT+MBR, lost all my course material in the first few minutes of OSX :D fun times.

jnxjn

jnxjn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
It's ok though, at least I now know that my system will be fresh, and start off right rather than being "fixed" through reinstalling of a number of kexts, edited .plists etc..
And thanks so much! I honestly wouldn't have made my hackintosh work this far without your and others' help. I would've been killed by KP's

lol i learned my lesson from last semester. I was hackintoshing my old laptop, and all of a sudden i installed a bad kext, osx stopped working, and it somehow managed to mess up my windows too. This happened a week before exam week, and the notes i was able to recover was minimal. Should've backed them up lol
Oh the desperate feeling for wanting a hackintosh

jnxjn

jnxjn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Decided to take a break from studying and reinstall osx.

Everything works except sleep, shutdown/reboot.
The last time it worked it was like this:
boot with rboot le
plug in usb, KP reboot
boot with rboot
install doix v6 package (didnt install sound)
reboot via osx (it works)
boot flawless
run ##### and install
reboot via osx, doesn't work. I'm forced to reboot via power button. I then booted back up and installed audio kexts provided by notmeagain and it works!
And now I'm scared to keep shutting down with the power button because after a bit of booting in and out of osx, i get an error that says ebios read error.
Scared the {censored} out of me thinking the machine is bricked.

What might be the problem is that my AppleIntelCPUPM wasn't installed properly by the package.
Yes I tried the solution in the troubleshooting part in the beginning but it doesn't work. Says that vrms cant be written/found (forgot exactly what it said)
and that the other stuff before that said "already patched" and some "cannot find"
NullCpu is also deleted

This is my only problem now and after this I'll have a 100% working xps. And I also ended up using my apple wifi card and switched the antenna wires from the stock one to it and it works.

sorry for the long post, but i'm really excited to get this laptop working 100%

calreyru

calreyru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Guys.

I think that the best decition I can take is installing 10.7.2 and see what happends.

Thanks and I'll tell you.

calreyru

calreyru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just see a youtube video about someone that installs 10.7.1 and I see that when the instalation:

Attached File  Sin título-1.jpg   29.17KB   47 downloads

Finish you have to get this screen:

Attached File  Sin título-2.jpg   25.71KB   41 downloads

But my laptop suddenly reboot itselfs when it's one minute to go (I tought I was right, but now I'm not that sure).

Am I right??

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy