2463 replies to this topic

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Did it happen once, or keep happening?

can you get a screenshot or photo of it, it maye be graphics glitches, or artefacts.. lots of ways to resolve that, I found a certain version of fakeSMC.kext fixed it pretty much as good as 100% on this laptop..

I can dig out the version, even the file if you need it.

Hello there,

I have a wearid problem after i finished Mountain lion on my laptop i got a black lines appearing at my screen display ! it appear and gonne after while of time did anyone happend that with him too !! i have the same intel core i5 the owner post have

btw i had uploaded all the files on this topic for whos need it http://www.mediafire.../?bma9sdq69oa2k

Thnx

Uploaded ALL FILES at http://www.mediafire...226sv49mqw51f7x

Lots of people will be very happy with you :)

I've downloaded it all to keep a back up in case others want it later on..

only thing missing is bios mod if people choose to use that, if anyone has that to upload, please do.

Nemosucker

Nemosucker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Mac OSX, PHP, Css3, Html5, Jquery

Did it happen once, or keep happening?

can you get a screenshot or photo of it, it maye be graphics glitches, or artefacts.. lots of ways to resolve that, I found a certain version of fakeSMC.kext fixed it pretty much as good as 100% on this laptop..

I can dig out the version, even the file if you need it.

Ty buddy for answer me :)

i uploaded a screenshot for this issue

Posted Image

this case #1 the lines appearing on my screen it appear when am on some load with more than 6 or 7 app opening and when i run cleanmymac it disappear !

Posted Image

this case #2 when am opening Flash player on safari or Fox after while of time this on the image happen !

i really do not wanna to leave Mac it's fainly something else better than the micosoft {censored}

and btw after my googled i found some other ppl having the same issue ! and the same part like me intel Core i5, and i have a freind having the same lappy but with intel core i3 he hasn't any issue like i have now !!

plz ask for anything u want else and plz help :)

Nemosucker

Nemosucker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

only thing missing is bios mod if people choose to use that, if anyone has that to upload, please do.

here we go just hit this link http://www.mediafire...icb4231n4rz9ghr

and for the whole files right here http://www.mediafire.../?bma9sdq69oa2k

i had upload it for u and who's else need it :)

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
@Nemosucker: Download "kext utility" app and recreate the kextcache.

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
@ Nemosucker, I'd suggest kext wizard opposed to kext utlilty as it will repair permissions and rebuild cache. (just noticed it on your desktop anyway)

failing that, ill upload the version of fakeSMC that cured the issue for my friends if you need it.

If your dual booting, immediate boot after booting from windows can increase chances of artifacts, installing kexts / building cache can create them the following boot.

You can also try removing the battery from your laptop, holding the power button for 30 seconds, then retrying, this often helps with otehr laptops, may help with the dell's too, or search for a reset method for your model.

Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   125.15KB   45 downloads

Nemosucker

Nemosucker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@ Nemosucker, I'd suggest kext wizard opposed to kext utlilty as it will repair permissions and rebuild cache. (just noticed it on your desktop anyway)

failing that, ill upload the version of fakeSMC that cured the issue for my friends if you need it.

If your dual booting, immediate boot after booting from windows can increase chances of artifacts, installing kexts / building cache can create them the following boot.

You can also try removing the battery from your laptop, holding the power button for 30 seconds, then retrying, this often helps with otehr laptops, may help with the dell's too, or search for a reset method for your model.

Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   125.15KB   45 downloads

Unfortunately :( i had did what you said exactly but after i logged to my mac this what i got

Posted Image

this artifacts is really killing me :(

Artistus

Artistus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:CG, Design, Art, Music
Reserved

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Unfortunately :( i had did what you said exactly but after i logged to my mac this what i got

Posted Image

For some people, and its not known why some things work for some but not others, they were using a 3rd party application to change resolution settings, or refresh rates, something like that, its worked for a few..

I know theres lots of pages, but if you skim through this thread its discussed somewhere, maybe its that you require?

The only other thing is to use your own DSDT patched rather than downloading one, thats the only other (big) diference to how I done my friends.

Dont be afraid to try other versions of fakeSMC too, just remember to repair and rebuild every time :)

iDev 9

iDev 9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Image

@Nemosucker .. I had a problem ..

The solution was by using (App SwitchResX) .. :thumbsup_anim: :weight_lift:

- Download the app ..
- and work like this

Go to the app .. >> UnKnown Monitor >> coustem Resolution >> press (+) .. and work the settings like this image ..
1- http://drp.so/3b1677

Restart Your Laptop .. and Back to the app ..
2- http://drp.so/5911a6

After then choose the new resolution ..
3- http://drp.so/c2e7a2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Maybe there are other solutions .. But this Solutios was very good with me :thumbsup_anim:
* i'm sorry .. my language very bad .. Posted Image

Nemosucker

Nemosucker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

For some people, and its not known why some things work for some but not others, they were using a 3rd party application to change resolution settings, or refresh rates, something like that, its worked for a few..

I know theres lots of pages, but if you skim through this thread its discussed somewhere, maybe its that you require?

The only other thing is to use your own DSDT patched rather than downloading one, thats the only other (big) diference to how I done my friends.

Dont be afraid to try other versions of fakeSMC too, just remember to repair and rebuild every time :)

rob1980 I appreciate your help really :) i googled about the fakesmc.kext and for some ppl worked like charm and for other did not " like me "

Thnx once again buddy :)

@Nemosucker .. I had a problem ..

The solution was by using (App SwitchResX) .. :thumbsup_anim: :weight_lift:

- Download the app ..
- and work like this

Go to the app .. >> UnKnown Monitor >> coustem Resolution >> press (+) .. and work the settings like this image ..
1- http://drp.so/3b1677

Restart Your Laptop .. and Back to the app ..
2- http://drp.so/5911a6

After then choose the new resolution ..
3- http://drp.so/c2e7a2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Maybe there are other solutions .. But this Solutios was very good with me :thumbsup_anim:
* i'm sorry .. my language very bad .. Posted Image

@iDev 9 :)

You make my day your solution work like charm with me now there are no any black lines or artifacts any where on my sreen Thnx man :)

just a small Q did you notice any more active about the cooler fan ?

cuz after i modify the Pixl Hz it's looks like i have more noise on the cooler fan like i got extra heat or something O,o !

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
SwitchResX, that's it lol...

Glad you got it sorted, there had to be one of the fixes that work for you, haven't heard if anyone being stuck forever :)

vanquybn

vanquybn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hi all,
sorry about my english.
I got problem on graphic HD3000 (ID: 0116):
Posted Image
and log errror:
4/21/13 5:35:59.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:04.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:11.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:22.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:27.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:33.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:38.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:43.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:49.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:54.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:58.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:04.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:09.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:14.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:19.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:29.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:34.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:50.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:55.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:38:12.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:38:17.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****

I have tried with SwitchResX, however it does not work :(
Please help!

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
There are pages and pages of info regarding graphics glitches with the HD3000, you need to read up and try the various fixes to find the one that works for you, nobody will know unfortunately.

Maybe somebody else can help with the log error, have you googled it? I found a few results listing it...

vanquybn

vanquybn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Thank you for the reply.
it only happen when i using some program such as iMessage, teamviewer, yahoo messenger.
I have tried fixing it in three days: trying install with each version ML, FakeSMC, apply change DSDT, install SwitchResX, fix the HEX with connectors ...
Now i am testing it in 6 hours, it working without the issues on ML10.8.3.

hope I have resolved successfully :D

vanquybn

vanquybn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Now I got the states: x8 x11 x15 x19 x22 x28. in last time I never got over 22x.
Awesome!
Posted Image

radu.m.toader

radu.m.toader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi
First of all I have to say that It took me a while to see why I can't post in this forum. I took both of the quiz ... YEY :)).

My Hardware :
Dell n5110
- i7 2670Qm - 2.2Ghz
- 16 Gb ram @ 1333Mhz - (8+8) ..Yes 16 Gb it's not fake :), even though on all websites you see motherboard spec max 8gb, 16 works.
- Hdd 320 gb (no SSD);
- Audio IDT 92HD87B1
- Video : Intel HD 3000
Geforce GT525m 1024mb
- Network - wifi: Intel Centrino N
- wired : Realtek 8139

Install :
raw image with 10.8 found on internet. Tried to install with ##### stick build on mac pc but I didn't got it work...
delete applehda kext
install chimera bootloader, put dsdt.aml from ubuntu/linux (and olso other files like : APIC,FACP,FACS,HPET,MCFG and SSDT's )

Issues :
network - only wired
audio not working - I have to install voodooHDA 0.2.2 (I've installed before, but the volume slider wasn't working, so either I install it again either find out another kext better than voodooHDA)
trackpad not working - If I boot from usb-install-stick, keyboard works and usb mouse too. Bluetooth mouse / keyboard works too.
Really Strange thing - If I boot from hdd-disk chimerabootloader - no trackpad, no keyboard, only usb / bluetooth works
My question here is why is this difference when booting from usb-install-stick vs - hdd chimera bootloader (chimera is present on usb install stick too).
I've tried -f -F GraphicsEnabler=No / Yes , UseKernelCache=No /Yes .. -x / in every possible situation and even npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=0/1

I;ve used upgrade combo,and upgraded to 10.8.3

I have there a Realtek TP-Link wifi module which is not working either.

Bios mod A11 by florin9doi (maybe I have done something bad here..)

I also tried ApplePS2.. kext and VoodooPS2 kext,
also installed pcxhd and other kexts from postInstall from this thread (besides IOath3kfrmwr.kext)

My big problem is this strange behavior booting the osx from stick either from chimera bootloader put on harddisk(I have ubuntu, with grub bootloader and I load chimera - 'multiboot /boot')

Is there someone who can point me what to install next so I can get my osx install 100% ?

Thanks

Attached Files

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Hi guys, its me again :D

I think I fixed the Graphics Artifacts problem. At least I haven't had any for the past few hours of use after this patch.

Here's a new Extra folder with the following changes:
- New DSDT patched from scratch.
- SSDTs renamed to avoid error on boot.
- Removed unneeded tables!
- Removed unneeded modules!!
- Added NVRAM module.

PS. This won't work with AppleHDA. You need VoodooHDA.

Does anyone have the kexts for multi touch and gestures working? I tried the ones by florin but they make the trackpad go crazy.

Attached Files

radu.m.toader

radu.m.toader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I have installed VoodooHda 2.27
fixed Volume control,HalfVolumeFix by editing kext/Contens/Info.plis

Issue: When I plug in the audio jack, sound gets moved to headset, but there is a strange noise. If I refresh the youtube-music page, the sound is clear again. If I remove now the audio jack, the noise appears again in laptop speakers.
So there is a problem when switching from speakers to jack and backward, creating some strange noises untill restart of music application.

Does anyone got this problem too ?

vanquybn

vanquybn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Hi
First of all I have to say that It took me a while to see why I can't post in this forum. I took both of the quiz ... YEY :)).

My Hardware :
Dell n5110
- i7 2670Qm - 2.2Ghz
- 16 Gb ram @ 1333Mhz - (8+8) ..Yes 16 Gb it's not fake :), even though on all websites you see motherboard spec max 8gb, 16 works.
- Hdd 320 gb (no SSD);
- Audio IDT 92HD87B1
- Video : Intel HD 3000
Geforce GT525m 1024mb
- Network - wifi: Intel Centrino N
- wired : Realtek 8139

Install :
raw image with 10.8 found on internet. Tried to install with ##### stick build on mac pc but I didn't got it work...
delete applehda kext
install chimera bootloader, put dsdt.aml from ubuntu/linux (and olso other files like : APIC,FACP,FACS,HPET,MCFG and SSDT's )

Issues :
network - only wired
audio not working - I have to install voodooHDA 0.2.2 (I've installed before, but the volume slider wasn't working, so either I install it again either find out another kext better than voodooHDA)
trackpad not working - If I boot from usb-install-stick, keyboard works and usb mouse too. Bluetooth mouse / keyboard works too.
Really Strange thing - If I boot from hdd-disk chimerabootloader - no trackpad, no keyboard, only usb / bluetooth works
My question here is why is this difference when booting from usb-install-stick vs - hdd chimera bootloader (chimera is present on usb install stick too).
I've tried -f -F GraphicsEnabler=No / Yes , UseKernelCache=No /Yes .. -x / in every possible situation and even npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=0/1

I;ve used upgrade combo,and upgraded to 10.8.3

I have there a Realtek TP-Link wifi module which is not working either.

Bios mod A11 by florin9doi (maybe I have done something bad here..)

I also tried ApplePS2.. kext and VoodooPS2 kext,
also installed pcxhd and other kexts from postInstall from this thread (besides IOath3kfrmwr.kext)

My big problem is this strange behavior booting the osx from stick either from chimera bootloader put on harddisk(I have ubuntu, with grub bootloader and I load chimera - 'multiboot /boot')

Is there someone who can point me what to install next so I can get my osx install 100% ?

Thanks

I think you confused with n4110. on N5110 it's already support 16GB of RAM, and I am using it.
Could you please show me the kext for battery ?
Thanks.

radu.m.toader

radu.m.toader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
from postInstall.zip check AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

Could you tell me what other kext you have/ DSDT and what's working on your hackintosh install ?

is this thread forgetten by the people who own's a dell n5110 and installed osx on it
:(

Attached Files

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy