{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

1- Strange because it takes a second to load Clover on my inspiron. DUET (CloverEFI) usually takes over 10 seconds to start on my non-UEFI machines. 

2- I think Khairy had this problem before. I wonder if he found a fix. 

3- You're probably right as I can't find that person or the guide he wrote.

EDIT:

I finally did it. Booted to a fully usable (yet slightly unstable) system using Clover. And its faster than Chameleon. 

I probably need to tweak some Clover settings to make things more stable.

Now I have fully switched to Clover  :D

Thanks, can you share how you did it? You do dual boot with Windows 8?

My suggestion is to install on a USB and test Clover before doing a full install. The drivers are only important for UEFI in my case, and in the case of many others, but that is not always the case. For EFI/Non-UEFI boot you have to select update MBR/PBR and choose the appropriate option. RC scripts are needed for EFI boot as it handles nvram generation. However, you may not need it for a test USB. 

Hi all..

I attempted to update my friends n5110 to 10.8.4 from 10.8.3 today.

For some reason the update failed, and I got kp at boot up no matter what flags I tried.

There were a few issues beforehand, so after booting into windows and backing up all important files Ive started again following the guide. (bios mod was done originally)

Can somebody please list all the latest versions of fully working files that I could install now as opposed to those in the guide..

I know about geneericUSB

latest stable chameleon for this laptop?

latest fakesmc?

Any others that I should replace?

Thanks

*edit

So I didnt format OSX partition, just installed to there again, everything is where it is, and its on 10.8.4 already, its as if ive installed, but simply repaired the installation?

Is that possible? Any reason there might be problems from it?

Right, I'm going to bed.. 

got the black screen at boot up issue I had when I first installed OS X on this laptop.. works if I have HDMI monitor plugged in at boot up then remove it?

Also, wifi, finds my router, but fails to connect (all passwords etc correct, tried rebooting everything) 

So I cannot get around the black screen issue again..

I also had the same issues that were previously there, So I have just formatted and I'm starting again following the guide exactly (I had done things differently the first time)

The black screen is DSDT related I'm sure, If I uplad the extracted DSDT would somebody apply all patches required for this laptop assuming bios mod is complete, no nvidia, and following this guide?

I also have issues with wifi on most occassions when updating / installing, but can always get around it with a new kext, perhaps that was missing in my DSDT edit too?

Wish me luck, following the guide is straight forward enough now, but just the black screen issue that plagues me!!!!

hi guys ...

i`m new in mac and it`s month tell now trying to install ( Mac.OSX.Lion.v10.7.3-HOTiSO) on my dell inspiron 5110 but i can`t do it there is problem in boot  and i tried to install another version  (Mountain Lion 10.8) but the same problem too :(

plz help me

post-1195009-0-25776800-1375013927_thumb.jpg

Still getting black screen, completely new install, following the guide.

Could somebody please patch this original extracted DSDT for me please to try and get round the black screen issue?

(the laptop sleeps unless hdmi monitor is plugged in)

Thanks

In fact, the original DSDT would need patching to make other things like wifi etc work, they work with the provided one in guide, but that gives black screen on laptop at all times, maybe that DSDT can be edited just for the black screen?

hi guys ...

i`m new in mac and it`s month tell now trying to install ( Mac.OSX.Lion.v10.7.3-HOTiSO) on my dell inspiron 5110 but i can`t do it there is problem in boot  and i tried to install another version  (Mountain Lion 10.8) but the same problem too :(

plz help me

did you applied patched bios on this topic if you follow guide as it you will get it 

Mohamed Khairy , Could you tell me what patch is applied to DSDT for HDMI audio please?

thanks

this patch dsm under intel gfx0 

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

and this dsm under hdef

{
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            }

Has anyone managed to get any sleep in this notebook? I have DSDT and SSDT configured with the appropriate patches applied, AICPM with patch and still can not get the sleep that machine! Someone help?

notice that this topic for 5110

so don't ask about .. Has anyone managed to get any sleep in this notebook?

try make new pure dsdt  from scratch use dsdt editor and apply sandy bridge patches  and use your ssdt tables on extra

and patch your appleintelpowermanagment.kext and make sure that you didn't installed {censored} kexts !!

like don't use null powermanagnent etc ..

rob1980

use patched dsdt from dp4 on 10.9 guide

Friend, I have done this process starting from scratch with the SSDT and dsdt for my core i5 processor 2410M sandy bridge. And I use the AICPM with the patch already applied, I do not use NULL. I use only one table for SSDT, what did you do in addition to get sleep?

تمام يامحمد عملت الفلاش للبيوس وعرفت ادخل علي التسطيب بس في مشكله ان التاتش باد مش شغاااااال وكمان جربت ماوس يو اس بي بردو مش شغاال ومش عارف اكمل التسطيب ياريت تقولي ايه الحل

مواصفات جهازي

dell inspiron n5110 i3-2310m cpu  @ 2.10GHz

ram 4gb  

vega : intel+nvdia 525m

HDD :320Gb

Friend, I have done this process starting from scratch with the SSDT and dsdt for my core i5 processor 2410M sandy bridge. And I use the AICPM with the patch already applied, I do not use NULL. I use only one table for SSDT, what did you do in addition to get sleep?

had you tried extract other ssdt tables

تمام يامحمد عملت الفلاش للبيوس وعرفت ادخل علي التسطيب بس في مشكله ان التاتش باد مش شغاااااال وكمان جربت ماوس يو اس بي بردو مش شغاال ومش عارف اكمل التسطيب ياريت تقولي ايه الحل

مواصفات جهازي

dell inspiron n5110 i3-2310m cpu  @ 2.10GHz

ram 4gb  

vega : intel+nvdia 525m

HDD :320Gb

use usb2  port

or put this kext on extra/extensions on replacement to PXCHD.kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

do we have HDMI hotplug? :D

for nvidia no

for intel only notebooks yes

mr mohamed i have deleted this PXCHD.kext and cpied  GenericUSBXHCI.kext  ( which in the topic) to extra/extensions .... but the same problem 

try anther mouse may be problem on its compatibility on osx

did you applied patched bios on this topic if you follow guide as it you will get it 

this patch dsm under intel gfx0 

{
                Store (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            }

and this dsm under hdef

{
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            }

Thankyou

I normally just copy the text into "new patch" 

How do I determin where in the DSDT it will go?

I can use any DSDT tool you suggest.

Thanks again

finally getting the install as per your guide without kexts from other locations, its just always been DSDT issue with my friends laptop, may well have slightly different spec or modified hardware that I dont know of.

At least now, using the same as your guide, updates etc will be as yours :)

no not like this 

if you dont know just try to read & learn

search ........

I think I can find the correct entrie sin the DSDT, but I do not know how to remove and replace it all properly..

This is slightly above me, thanks anyway.

Hello Guys,

When I get to the Select your language screen, by laptop display goes completely dull and goes blank aftr a 3-4 seconds.

Please Please Please Help Me.

I followed the Pre-install Video completely.

I haven't modded my bios yet because i dont know how to do that.

Thanks a lot in advance.