{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,
When I get to the Select your language screen, by laptop display goes completely dull and goes blank aftr a 3-4 seconds.
Please Please Please Help Me.
I followed the Pre-install Video completely.
I haven't modded my bios yet because i dont know how to do that.

Thanks a lot in advance.

You need to mod your bios first, then you will need to plug in an HDMI monitor, or have a pre modded DSDT file in EXTRA on usb installer perhaps, and might need different DSDT for complete install as I have had to.. 

Start with bios mod, then have a monitor and usb mouse on stand by.

You need to mod your bios first, then you will need to plug in an HDMI monitor, or have a pre modded DSDT file in EXTRA on usb installer perhaps, and might need different DSDT for complete install as I have had to.. 

Start with bios mod, then have a monitor and usb mouse on stand by.

Done with the BIOS mod. Laptop's screen still goes blank. I don't have an HDMI, can you please post the dsdt so that I can use my laptop's screen or a vga connected monitor. Also please let us know if there are any kext files that will need to be added/removed. 

Done with the BIOS mod. Laptop's screen still goes blank. I don't have an HDMI, can you please post the dsdt so that I can use my laptop's screen or a vga connected monitor. Also please let us know if there are any kext files that will need to be added/removed. 

Everyones DSDT will be slightly different, what are the specs of your laptop, cpu, graphics, wifi, monitor resolution, etc etc..

You could also try the newer DSDt files at the bottom of the first page of the guide

I finally managed to get an HDMI monitor, but now I am getting stuck when I reboot after installing Mac OS.I followed the Preinstall video exactly. The last thing I get is IOBlutooth... start...

boot with -v and take a photo of where it stops then post it up.

I finally managed to get over the boot errors and get to the Mac desktop, I removed both IOBluetooth kexts from System/Library/Extensions and also did the Postinstall stuff manually through Windows using MacDrive. But my Laptop screen, Audio doesn't work and battery isn't recognized. I did the ethernet fix mentioned on the first page but my internet speed just got too slow aftr the fix. ~1mbsp on a ~40mbps connection.
If someone could pleasehelp me get a dsdt with some of  issues fixed, It would be great.

Thanks.

Here are my specs:
Dell Inspiron N5110

Intel Core i5 2410M

6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

Intel HD3000 Graphics

Intel Centrino Wireless N1030

Realtek PCIe Family Controller

mr mohamed, i had changed the mouse with new one ,,but the same problem ( either touchpad and usb mouse not working ) and tell now i can`t complete the setup

plz help me

ok last try

use clover 

Download Clover_v2_r1942.zip (28.1 MB)             

setup it  on flash memory 

and customise setup like here

post-378955-0-84955000-1375612522_thumb.png

after setup go to flash memory

EFI/CLOVER

and put all .aml from extra on this folder ACPI/Patched

then copy all kexts on extra/extensions folder to kexts/10.8

then replace config file with this

config.plist.zip

and when boot from flash memory using clover

press space when you choose flash memory and choose to ignore cache with injecting kexts 

hope you get touchpad to work

• Like 1

I have a null serial number for my Laptop and I'm not able to sign in to icloud nd use iMessages, I followed Bob Roche's guide to fix the Appstore/icloud issue. His guide fixed the issue and made my ethernet work at its regular speed(100Mbps) but when i restarted i got stuck at boot time and when i restarted again, the problem was back again.

Hi 

This is going to be a bit of a noob question.

I have a Dell insperion 15R N5010-1831 laptop

Intel I5

4gb Ram

1tb harddrive

intel wifi

SRS premium sound

would this guide work for it as well.

I have already tried to install once and have modded the installer to work on the MBR, but i get a kernal panic on the ethernet before i even get to the installer screen. i was booting -v -x any ideas

I do have pictures of the screen at that point if they will help

cheers in advance

Olá amigos do Brasil/ São Paulo. Eu vim ao longo de 2012 me dedicando e ajudando este forum, contribuindo com idéias, bugs e um patch para nossa intel hd 3000. Mas agora vou deixar de usar o meu n5110(Inspiron 15r, i7, 8GB Ram, 1GB nVidia, 750 GB HD) e vou vende-lo, ele é perfeito para o OS X, caso alguém tenha interesse por favor me mande mensagem privada (inbox).

Hello friends from Brazil / Sao Paulo. I came along in 2012 and helping me dedicating this forum, contributing ideas, bugs, and a patch to our intel hd 3000. But now I will stop using my n5110 and I sell it, it's perfect for OS X, in case anyone is interested please send me a private message (inbox)

Updated the bios a11 mod, but I'm having this error:
https://dl.dropbox.c...mp/IMG_0253.JPG

I'm not using c-states and p-states. I also tested with the original bios A11 + patch in AICPM (when I upgrade the bios mod a11 did not patch the AICPM).

Congratulations for the great effort you have done throughout this time! This changing my way of thinking about sharing information. Thank you.

SOLVED
the problem was in the SSDT, let alone DSDT.aml and ssdt.aml and removed the other files. aml and everything is working.

hi Mohamed! i just recently change my wifi card to AR9002WB-1NG, wireless works perfectly, but my bluetooth only works after i installed the kexts for bluetooth for the first restart. After the second restart i got kernel panic... why is this happening? I am using 10.8.2 that's in the old tutorial. Do I need to change my dsdt or something...? Thx for all this time for your super informative guide for hackintosh. It made my N5110 the best laptop among my friends :)

What bootloader do you use? Did you follow the guide exactly, such as modding the BIOS or using patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, because if you did, then you should have power management. Use a hardware monitor to see if you get different CPU frequencies. You should see multiple changes in frequency if you have power management, not just two changes. 

yea my bios is mod version A09

bootloader is chameleon 2.2svn 

also is there a way to be able to plugin in vga any time and for it to work 

also how to get hdmi + hdmi audio to work

i tested it with my dell monitor vga connection and it only allows for 60hz and 75 hz

You still didn't answer my question about dynamic CPU frequency. With chameleon you should have Generate C and P states to no, DropSSDT=yes, if you're using a SSDT. VGA requires patching of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, but you should be able to find a pre-patched one. HDMI works fine for me, but no audio and that's because I don't need it. If you want it, you need the proper DSDT edits and patched AppleHDA with the HDMI edits. 

ok last try

use clover 

Download Clover_v2_r1942.zip (28.1 MB)             

setup it  on flash memory 

and customise setup like here

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

after setup go to flash memory

EFI/CLOVER

and put all .aml from extra on this folder ACPI/Patched

then copy all kexts on extra/extensions folder to kexts/10.8

then replace config file with this

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

and when boot from flash memory using clover

press space when you choose flash memory and choose to ignore cache with injecting kexts 

hope you get touchpad to work

thanx mr mohamed, touchpad work fine now but after installing and do other stepes (post folder) i tried to reboot but mac os can`t open :(

what should i do now