The 10.7.2 update installation, With iCloud fix

Gabecm

83 posts in this topic

Hi, i'm having troubles with this update. I'm on the latest Lion version, did a valid smbios.plist, upgraded to the 1618 chameleon version, and i can only boot in -x mode otherwise i get a kernel panic on the loading screen. It happens everytime i change the smbios.plist.

I don't really know what to do or try right now so if anyone has an idea i'd be glad to read it. Thanks.

Try to boot with -v , you then can spot what give you the problem by read those texts. If you still can not figure out how to get it fix then come back to the forum get help.

Thanks to everyone who responded with fixes for other situations, I was running of my situation where I had already set my boot to usekernelcache=yes in 10.7.1 so I did not see this as a problem, although I should have checked it out.

It all depends on what kind of NIC you have. You need proper Kext.

You can start of by identifying your NIC and posting it so we can recommend Kext you need to use.

by NIC i think you mean my LAN its a Realtek 8111e gigabit LAN controller, kext name RealtekRTL81xx.kext Type: Ethernet Controller

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x10ec

Device ID: 0x8168

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043

Subsystem ID: 0x8432

Revision ID: 0x0006

Link Width: x1

BSD name: en0

Kext name: RealtekRTL81xx.kext

Version: 0.0.67

Does this help

by NIC i think you mean my LAN its a Realtek 8111e gigabit LAN controller, kext name RealtekRTL81xx.kext Type: Ethernet Controller

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x10ec

Device ID: 0x8168

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043

Subsystem ID: 0x8432

Revision ID: 0x0006

Link Width: x1

BSD name: en0

Kext name: RealtekRTL81xx.kext

Does this help

try .90@ Lnx2Mac blog

Hopefully someone can help as I've been working on getting iCloud and the Appstore (don't care about FaceTime) going for about a week now (22hours), and I've lost most of my hair from pulling it out.

None of the forum solutions have worked and I've tried them all:(

-My Specs:

Toshiba Satellite A105-S4384

Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile

• Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo Processor T5200
o 1.60GHz, 2MB L2, 533MHz FSB

• Chipset
o Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset (NOT WORKING)

• Integrated Wi-Fi® compliant wireless LAN
o Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g) (NOT WORKING)

Memory

• 2.5 gig RAM

Hard Disk Drive

• 160GB (5400 RPM) Serial-ATA (SATA) hard disk drive; 12.5mm height

Optical Disk Drive

• DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive supporting 11 formats

Graphics

• Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8MB-128MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory (intel GM950)

Sound (voodooHDA)

o SRS TruSurround XT® virtual surround sound o SRS WOWTM stereo enhancement

Obviously my wifi doesn't work, and my LAN (built-In Intel pro VE100) only worked with leopard - updating to 10.7 broke this.

Currently I use the (Ralink)ASUS USB wifi to get online.

The big problem is in System Pref>Network pref - the only network adapter available is 802.11 bg WLAN and firewire.

I have tried to get LION to think I have an built in LAN adapter but NO JOY.

Every time I change the network settings (NetworkInterfaces.plist) its says BuiltIn=false, I change it to =true - reboot then it changes back to false? Although in my .boot.plist it does say (builtIn ethernet=yes)

I've updated boot loader to suggested versions= NO JOY

I've deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and com.apple.network.identification.plist then removed adapters from Network Pref=NO JOY

Changed my serial several times=NO JOY

Tried to load the Intel PRO VE 100 ktext (can find my device id or vendor - not sure how or if it matters) =NO JOY

Isn't there a way to have LION see the 802.11 bg WLAN as a Ethernet adapter? Or have LION think I have an Ethernet adapter (en0) without a functioning one?

Please someone help - driving me crazy! $50 bucks to anyone who can even point me in the right direction here.

-Thanks ALL!!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=263035

You need to have a driver loaded for your built-in wired ethernet.

Thanks Gringo, but unfortunately I know I need to load a driver - but nothing works for built-in ethernet for Intel Pro VE/100 in Lion - checked every where tried everything.

I guess bottom line is if you can't load your ethernet driver, no iCloud no app store. There must be something I can do?

digital_dreamer after update to 10.7.2 I`ve problems with audio (alc889) could you help me with audio workout? I`ve got same MoBo as U. thanx

daxure,

I don't know what kind of setup for audio you were using, but I'd use this kext here. Now, to enable it, you'll need the DSDT patch (sample included) or a HDAenabler.kext.

Keep in mind this is for the 889a, not 889, big difference.

best regards,

MAJ

Thanks Gringo, but unfortunately I know I need to load a driver - but nothing works for built-in ethernet for Intel Pro VE/100 in Lion - checked every where tried everything.

I guess bottom line is if you can't load your ethernet driver, no iCloud no app store. There must be something I can do?

Have you tried this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...4840&st=320

Hopefully someone can help as I've been working on getting iCloud and the Appstore (don't care about FaceTime) going for about a week now (22hours), and I've lost most of my hair from pulling it out.

None of the forum solutions have worked and I've tried them all:(

Obviously my wifi doesn't work, and my LAN (built-In Intel pro VE100) only worked with leopard - updating to 10.7 broke this.

Currently I use the (Ralink)ASUS USB wifi to get online.

The big problem is in System Pref>Network pref - the only network adapter available is 802.11 bg WLAN and firewire.

I have tried to get LION to think I have an built in LAN adapter but NO JOY.

Every time I change the network settings (NetworkInterfaces.plist) its says BuiltIn=false, I change it to =true - reboot then it changes back to false? Although in my .boot.plist it does say (builtIn ethernet=yes)

I've updated boot loader to suggested versions= NO JOY

I've deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and com.apple.network.identification.plist then removed adapters from Network Pref=NO JOY

Changed my serial several times=NO JOY

Tried to load the Intel PRO VE 100 ktext (can find my device id or vendor - not sure how or if it matters) =NO JOY

Isn't there a way to have LION see the 802.11 bg WLAN as a Ethernet adapter? Or have LION think I have an Ethernet adapter (en0) without a functioning one?

Please someone help - driving me crazy! $50 bucks to anyone who can even point me in the right direction here.

-Thanks ALL!!!!

have u tried EthernetBuiltIn in org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

need device id of intel 100 ve lspci -v -nn

tried IntelE1000e.kext ?

the wireless can work with BCM94321MC or AR5B91 (ebay) with pin 20 taped.

loaded version 0.0.90 but still getting same iCloud message valid but not a iCloud account

Have you tried the latest Chameleon ?. I got ICloud to work with Chameleo r1627, because r1618 doesn't work for me. Good luck my friend.

I have finely got success after several methods... Here are what I did:

- I made a VALID new SMBios.plist with this APP: http://awesome-studio.tk/champlist/

- Since It was my last try, I'm using Chameleon rev1495, but some people said that 1493 and 1496 works too. There are other modified ones, like "Chameleon 2 VS Rev1627" and Chimera.

I tried all those chameleons, but I only had success using the valid SMBios.plist together, so if it's your case, you may try.

IMPORTANT!

People who uses RAID can't use these chameleon releases, for more info: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/188/

---------------------------

How to make a SMBios.plist w/ Champlist:

1 - Download and unzip;

2 - Open the APP;

3 - Click on "SMBios" button;

4 - Choose a model;

5 - Check "Serial Generator";

6 - Select a CPU (the CPU have to match with the model you chose first);

7 - If you want you can change the country;

8 - Click "As..." (Save as...) and save the SMBios.plist;

9 - Them you only need to put it on your ./Extra folder;

10 - Done! :robot:

-------------

I think its unnecessary but I set this value on "org.chameleon.Boot.plist":

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

-------------

Sorry for my english and good luck! :gun:

Hi,

This worked great ... '

Thanks

Have you tried the latest Chameleon ?. I got ICloud to work with Chameleo r1627, because r1618 doesn't work for me. Good luck my friend.

thanks

yes tried chameleon r1627 and chimera 1-1.5.4 still the same

got mac book pro ipad2 and iPhone iCloud working great on these

have also tried champlist for new serial number, i must be doing something wrong

i'll just keep chipping away nothing major every else is rock solid and running great

thanks

yes tried chameleon r1627 and chimera 1-1.5.4 still the same

got mac book pro ipad2 and iPhone iCloud working great on these

have also tried champlist for new serial number, i must be doing something wrong

i'll just keep chipping away nothing major every else is rock solid and running great

I used this app. "http://awesome-studio.tk/champlist/" instead of "Chameleon wizard" and choose one of the system that closest to your hardware config. until you see the serial turn green and that should do it. You may have to play around a little before you hit the right turn.

I'm having black screen after applying the update, i'm positive its something to do with my gtx 285

Here's what i have in my plist if anyone can help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x64 boot-uuid=F80D0088-5830-3CFA-86E1-931A0A4236E7</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I used this app. "http://awesome-studio.tk/champlist/" instead of "Chameleon wizard" and choose one of the system that closest to your hardware config. until you see the serial turn green and that should do it. You may have to play around a little before you hit the right turn.

thanks for your suggestion, champ list is what i have been using can't seem to get the green serial tried lots of variations

any suggestions my set up is

asus p8p67

i7 sandybridge

radian ati 5770 graphics

8 gig mem

thanks

thanks for your suggestion, champ list is what i have been using can't seem to get the green serial tried lots of variations

any suggestions my set up is

asus p8p67

i7 sandybridge

radian ati 5770 graphics

8 gig mem

thanks

I am sorry my mistake. The serial never turn green but it will turn off the yellow text in front that state " Serial # is not match your Mac Family" once you see one that doesn't have that yellow text you can save it and replace it with you smbios.plist but don't forget to rebuilt your Extensions mkext before restart your system.

I'm having black screen after applying the update, i'm positive its something to do with my gtx 285

Here's what i have in my plist if anyone can help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x64 boot-uuid=F80D0088-5830-3CFA-86E1-931A0A4236E7</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

10.7.2 NVidia black screen on boot up fix by zoliky:

in the NVidia graphics section of your DSDT.aml, replace:

"device_type"
 Buffer (0x0D)
 {
 "NVDA,Geforce"
 }

with:

"device_type"
 Buffer (0x0C)
 {
 "NVDA,Parent"
 }

Reference thread: After update 10.7.2 Black screen on desktop.

Hi

see here,it is not stable

3945ABG http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

c.frio