Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

I just increased my geekbench score by 1600 points!

I did it through SSDT.aml

In addition to the AICPM patch a couple of posts above, put the respective SSDT.aml in your Extra folder.

And make the following change to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For i5-2410m

i5-2410m - SSDT.aml.zip

For i5-2430m

i5-2430m - SSDT.aml.zip

For HD3000 graphical artifacts/lines:

Use new fakesmc 4.2 or later (I've attached the one I'm using right now )

in org.chameleon.boot.plist, make sure:

UseKernelCache=No (edit: crossed out because it increases artifacts, use UseKernelCache=Yes instead),

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Try and report if possible :)

Edit: Remove IntelCPUMonitor.kext before rebooting otherwise it may not boot.

edit (Update): Graphic glitches/artifacts are not yet perfect. Will update thread when something better is found.

• Like 1

For HD3000 graphical artifacts/lines:

Use new fakesmc 4.2 or later (I've attached the one I'm using right now )

in org.chameleon.boot.plist, make sure:

UseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Try and report if possible :)

Edit: Remove IntelCPUMonitor.kext before rebooting otherwise it may not boot.

I had lines in video, and an artifact here and there. Lenovo B570 i3 2330m.

Gokul's new FakeSMC 4.2 fixed it. Thank you.

It would not boot without removing IntelCPUMonitor.kext either.

I tried to help out with the memory card reader, but cannot find a method that works.

Everything else works great.

• Like 1

I just increased my geekbench score by 1600 points!

I did it through SSDT.aml

In addition to the AICPM patch a couple of posts above, put the respective SSDT.aml in your Extra folder.

And make the following change to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For i5-2410m

i5-2410m - SSDT.aml.zip

For i5-2430m

i5-2430m - SSDT.aml.zip

i3 SSDTs -

SSDTs determine power states for the cpu and can help to optimize CPU states on the mac too.

Unfortunately, I don't have the SSDT for people with the i3-2330m, 2310m or 2350m

Here's how to extract the SSDTs from Windows - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=284038#p284038

If you end up doing it and using it for i3, please post here on this forum for others to use.

• Like 1

Hi,

my english is not the best, but I hope you can understand me :D

Thank you for this tutorial (A noob like me can understand it :D )

But I have problems:

1. brightness control: If I press FN and rolldown button (I see the sun) but nothing happens

I read this post:

1. For the backlight control, you don't need to use that ACPIBacklight.kext, just add few lines to the DSDT, then u get the brightness control and also on-screen display(the sun), but with another combination of key( Fn+Home = Increase Brightness, Fn+PgUp = Decrease Brightness). However, we only have 10 step of brightness, so just half of the meter will be used for the on-screen display. The line to add just after the (before the Device LID0)

Scope (_SB)

{

Device (PNLF)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))

Name (_CID, "backlight")

Name (_UID, 0x0A)

Name (_STA, 0x0B)

}

How can I edit the DSDT.aml? or can you upload it?

2. My battery is after 1 hour and 30 minutes at 5% (Firefox, Mail, iCal and Skype) is that "short" time normal? (with windows I have 3 hours)

3. How can I use three finger gesture (for example to open the mission control)? (two fingers to scroll works fine)

4. The FAN's are very loud. Is it posible to make them quieter?

I hope anyone can help me :)

Here are the SSDT tables for the i3-2330m.

SSDT i3-2330m.zip

I do not know how to compile them, but they seem to be working just fine as multiple files in the "Extra" folder.

Make sure to edit the org.chameleon.bootlist.plist.

You can add the lines of code:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Or you can use a graphical interface, such as Chameleon Wizard, if you are worried about editing your file manually.

• Like 1

RE: Graphical glitches

Unfortunately, the problem with graphical glitches is not yet completely fixed with the new FAKESMC. The artifacts come back after sleep. I've since reinstalled SMCPingDaemon as it reduces artifacts.

Will keep an eye out for any further developments in the HD3000 area, especially when 10.7.4 releases.

• Like 1

I am new here, but have been helped by so many I will try and answer a few questions.

1. brightness control: If I press FN and rolldown button (I see the sun) but nothing happens

How can I edit the DSDT.aml? or can you upload it:

I use DSDTSE to edit the DSDT files. It is tricky at first as you have to convert it .dml then back to .aml, but the program is very nice.

2. My battery is after 1 hour and 30 minutes at 5% (Firefox, Mail, iCal and Skype) is that "short" time normal? (with windows I have 3 hours)

Not normal at all, unless your battery is dying. I notice you have the i3-2330m. Try the SSDT files I uploaded above. I get 3-4 hours, streaming music, typing, surfing.

3. How can I use three finger gesture (for example to open the mission control)? (two fingers to scroll works fine)

I don't think this touchpad supports more than two fingers at a time. Mine doesn't.

4. The FAN's are very loud. Is it posible to make them quieter?

Sounds like power management issues. Try the SSDT,mentioned above, and the power management kexts recommended on this thread.

• Like 1

Thanks!!!

I use DSDSE to edit the DSDT files. It is tricky at first as you have to convert it .dml then back to .aml, but the program is very nice.

It works now :D

Not normal at all, unless your battery is dying. I notice you have the i3-2330m. Try the SSDT files I uploaded above. I get 3-4 hours, streaming music, typing, surfing.

I testet it with the battery from my dad (he have the same notbook) and you are right my battery is dying .. now I have a new one.

I don't think this touchpad supports more than two fingers at a time. Mine doesn't.

the synaptics control in windows support three fingers ...

Sounds like power management issues. Try the SSDT,mentioned above, and the power management kexts recommended on this thread.

Thx... now it is quite :D

Thank you!!

• Like 1

Hi!

I need help with my Lenovo B570 (intelB940, 3Gb DDR3 GMA3000+nvidia m410) On this laptop may installed many hackintosh disk": Lion, MountLionDP3, but there are loaded only with -x flag. With any flags I see white screen with kursor and..NOTHING. I'm not beginner with hackintosh, but I was suffer with Lenovo for 2 weeks (changed kexts,smbios,DSDT). Please help, who knows how solve this problem:

sorry for my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I need help with my Lenovo B570 (intelB940, 3Gb DDR3 GMA3000+nvidia m410) On this laptop may installed many hackintosh disk": Lion, MountLionDP3, but there are loaded only with -x flag. With any flags I see white screen with kursor and..NOTHING. I'm not beginner with hackintosh, but I was suffer with Lenovo for 2 weeks (changed kexts,smbios,DSDT). Please help, who knows how solve this problem:

sorry for my bad english.

The B940 does not have the intel HD3000 but rather the HD 2000. That HD 2000 is not found in macs, and does not work well/if at all for a hackintosh.

Update to 10.7.4 Today

Things are looking good. :thumbsup_anim:

I haven't found any issues yet.

Remember to reinstall important kexts as mentioned in this thread to avoid a KP.

I had to reinstall the wifi kext as well. I am using the one Gokul mentioned eariler.

• Like 1

Update to 10.7.4 Today

Things are looking good. :thumbsup_anim:

I haven't found any issues yet.

Remember to reinstall important kexts as mentioned in this thread to avoid a KP.

I had to reinstall the wifi kext as well. I am using the one Gokul mentioned eariler.

10.7.4 reporting here as well. Running great. Remember to use the Combo update on Apple's website as opposed to Software Update from the menu bar...

The Combo update failed for me a few times but I just ran it again until it completed successfully. Might have been a hard drive issue.

Here's all my System/Library/Extensions

Here's my current org.chameleon.boot.plist

Will add a new post with updated versions soon.

If you're running a SSD, you will have re-enable Trim

• Like 1

Update

Deleting bluetooth devices in your system configuration and then re-adding them seems to work. Now happily using 10.7.4 with my bluetooth mouse. :)

Update II

Having IntelCPUMonitor.kext in S/L/E causes instant reboots. You have to delete the kext before update.

Don't install 10.7.4 if you're using bluetooth!

Made a test-drive with my rescue system and it is true what you can read around the web: I'm experiencing great problems with my bluetooth device. Cannot connect to my mouse anymore. Connection is very unstable.

I would recommend to wait for a fix for this issue if you depend on bluetooth. If you don't need it, it is safe to update.

• Like 1

Recently upgraded ram from stock to 8gigs. This was the last thing I did, besides SSDT.aml. I'm having trouble with Disk Utility. I can open the app, but nothing will load and I only get the floating beach ball. Any ideas?

Recently upgraded ram from stock to 8gigs. This was the last thing I did, besides SSDT.aml. I'm having trouble with Disk Utility. I can open the app, but nothing will load and I only get the floating beach ball. Any ideas?

Deleted the SSDT.aml and put the original DSDT.aml and was able to get Disk Utility to start. I thought I got better battery life with SSDT, but I must have don't something wrong when I made changes. I'd rather disk utility accessible than a longer batter life. Will try and experiment

Deleted the SSDT.aml and put the original DSDT.aml and was able to get Disk Utility to start. I thought I got better battery life with SSDT, but I must have don't something wrong when I made changes. I'd rather disk utility accessible than a longer batter life. Will try and experiment

DDST and SSDT are not the same thing at all. Most people have both.

SSDT is specialized only for the processor and DSDT is usually for the rest of the system..

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the CPUMonitor kext wasn't the cause of my reboots. I have to boot in verbose mode to get the system running, normal boot doesn't work. Someone on this forum did a clean reinstall to solve this, but this is no solution for me. Because on the one hand I want to know what causes this and on the other hand a complete new setup of my system would take hours if not days. Has anyone any suggestions?

Unfortunately the CPUMonitor kext wasn't the cause of my reboots. I have to boot in verbose mode to get the system running, normal boot doesn't work. Someone on this forum did a clean reinstall to solve this, but this is no solution for me. Because on the one hand I want to know what causes this and on the second hand a complete new setup of my system would take hours if not days. Has anyone any suggestions?

Same thing had happened to me. It seems there is a kext that was causing problems with the cache or something.

Remove IntelThermal.kext if you have it - that was the cause for me. After removing, do an empty (with no kext files on the desktop) kextbeas t run (not 'kext utility'!)

I would also remove and minimize any extra kexts in the S/L/E folder that are not super important at all.

You can try:

Revert back to FakeSMC v3 like I have.

Links:

New S/L/E from 10.7.4 and /Extra folder for any comparison and repair.

I tried to upgrade to 10.7.4 but had the continual reboot problem and could only boot in using -v mode. The only way I was able to stop the reboot process when I added NullCPUPowermanagement - which of course eliminated all my power management features, sleep etc. I tried the recommendation of deleting intelcpumonitor but that didn't help. I have a B570 with a i3 - and the following DSDT

DSDT.aml.zip

Seems to be a bigger problem here...

Thanks Gokul for your recommendations but they didn't work for me. Still can boot in verbose mode only. I'm using the power management kext from 10.7.0 (or was it 10.7.1? The 166 version...) by the way, because newer patched kexts lead to kernel panics on my Lenovo. Bajabronco may have pointed in the right direction, but: how can it be, that the machine boots up normally in verbose mode when it is a power management issue? Does anyone know how the boot process in verbose mode differs from the normal boot in that particular case?