Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

Install Win 7 and create 2 Partitions on the HDD. Install Win on the first. Then install OS X on the other Partition. Boot up to Windows and install easyBCD and create a boot entry for the OS X partition. Now you can choose OS X with the Windows Bootmanager.

Hi there,

I just got a Lenovo B570 with a i3-2350m CPU and I am wondering if something changed in installation procedure with the availability of iATKOS L2? Do I still need all the additional kext provided in this thread? It seems that some are redundant as more and more fixes are included in the DSDT.aml? What is a minimalistic set to get basic functions working (eg. HD3000 without artefacts, keyboard, proper reboot)?

Thanx in advance

Install Win 7 and create 2 Partitions on the HDD. Install Win on the first. Then install OS X on the other Partition. Boot up to Windows and install easyBCD and create a boot entry for the OS X partition. Now you can choose OS X with the Windows Bootmanager.

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind I had a couple more questions. If I already have Win 7 installed, I don't have to install it again do I. Also, this computer came with several partions to the hard drive, and Windows built-in partition program doesn't allow me to create another one. Do you know how to solve this problem?

When its already installed you don't need to reinstall it. If you cannot resize the partition in windows and then create a new one you must use a linux live cd and make this part under linux. But don't delete the System Reserved partition, otherwise you cannot boot into windows again.

Hi, first i want to thank you to all for the information on this thread. I got a V570 with Intel i5 2450m. First i did a fresh install of win 7 and then using iAtkos L2 (DVD booting with GraphicsEnabler=No) and following almost all the steps from the first post i get OS X 10.7.3 running smoothly. I got a wifi card for 5 bucks on ebay (atheros AR5B95). The only problem that i found so far is the card reader and the sound thru the HDMI, anyone have this issues solved?

Also, i use a microsoft touch mouse is there a way that it can be recognized as the magic mouse?

I have more questions about the topic,but as my english is not so good i have to write careful xD.

I think the V570 has the same card reader like the B570 and it is not possible to make it working. There is just a visual patch, so its recognized as an card reader,but it won't work.

For HDMI Audio you need to patch the DSDT and AppleHDA, but because I don't use this feature I cannot tell you how to do this ;)

Ok so I recieved my laptop today. I realized that lenovo upgraded my hard drive without my knowing. I'm not complaining about that because there wasn't any important file I needed on there. So I have to start by scratch. Everything is fine I reinstalled it and everything but for some reason my trackpad doesn't work.

It says Trackpad not found

Thanks to this thread I was able to install and update mac os 10.7.4 on my Lenovo B570 i3 2350m with Atheros 9285. Everything is working fine besides VGA output. Just wanted to know if it is a common issue and your using HDMI instead or if it is more specific for my machine. I am using the kindly provided DSDT and kext files from the OP.

But did anyone tried to get it working? Or is it as difficult as with the card reader? when I connect a monitor with HDMI and VGA and then remove the HDMI cable it keeps the connection active via VGA. Couldn't it be a problem with the port assignment, which could be fixed in the DSDT file? I would need it for presentations.

Hey Everyone. First off thanks for the guide. Its been really helpful. This is my first successful hackintosh, but I've hit a snag. Everything was fine until I upgraded to 10.7.2, thats when I could no longer boot without an external monitor. Basically the system boots fine, but the laptop screen blinks blue, then goes black. Until I connect an external monitor, then both the external and the LCD work fine. As soon as I disconnect the external, I'm back to black on the LCD.

I'm using mostly the kexts from the initial post, except the FakeSMC which I'm using the new 4.2 version. Any help is greatly appreciated

ok so it has been a while. I keep reinstalling iatkos but over and over the trackpad/touchpad doesn't work. The first time i installed it like a couple a months ago it worked now its not. I dont know what to do. I'm stuck.

Hey you all,

I know this is off topic but I'm researching about planned obsolescence. Does anyone know someone who is working in the it-business as an enigineer or something like that, and has any knowledge about planned obsolescence in their products and is willing to talk about it? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey you all,

I know this is off topic but I'm researching about planned obsolescence. Does anyone know someone who is working in the it-business as an enigineer or something like that, and has any knowledge about planned obsolescence in their products and is willing to talk about it? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I can only help with the accounting/financial aspect (Probably not what you're looking for haha). I'm a student though...so no hands-on experience either in that regard except theoretical knowledge. You might have some luck on reddit if you post to the right subreddit though...

Hello,

I just wanted to pitch in that the kexts and dsdt posted on the first page of this topic also work for installing the new Mountain Lion.

Instead of trying to get the installer to accept installation on an MBR partitioned disk, I partitioned in GUID, ran the installer, then created an image of the disk with carbon copy cloner, repartitioned as MBR and restored the image.

The procedure I used is this:

- Buy Mountain Lion from the AppStore while still running the Lion installation.

- Download u n i - b e a s t and m u l t i - b e a s t from TonyMac

- Download the dsdt and kexts from the first page of this topic

- Use u n i - b e a s t to create a bootable 8GB USB-Stick with the Mountain Lion installer on it -- make sure to use the Laptop option.

- Boot the B570 from this installer USB-Stick

- Partition hard drive as GUID

- Run the installer

- Clone the installed system onto a second hard drive and change the partitioning to MBR

- Restore the cloned image

- Using the installer USB-Stick, boot into the new system

- Runm u l t i - b e a s t to install the DSDT. The only options used where "Userbeast", System-defines as MacBookPro 8.1 and 64-bit kernel with Graphic enabler=no

- Use Kext Wizard to install the kexts from the first page of this topic.

Ethernet and sound are working, as is the mic. Haven't yet test extensively ....

somebody already tried an update to os x mountain lion (10.8)?

I did yesterday successfully on my b570e (i3 core) and everything's working smooth, except my wifi (ar9285). Got network connection, but no internet connection. Tried self-assigned ip and by dhcp, no succes.

somebody already tried an update to os x mountain lion (10.8)?

I did yesterday successfully on my b570e (i3 core) and everything's working smooth, except my wifi (ar9285). Got network connection, but no internet connection. Tried self-assigned ip and by dhcp, no succes.

Someone mentioned on another page that 802.11n is not supported by this hack -- so one needs to configure the router to use 802.11g. This was my experience, too ...

I think this driver solves the 802.11n issues on the AR9285. Check in System Information under the Wifi tab and see what version firmware your card has. Mine had version 2.x.x.x and was exhibiting problems with self assigned IP addresses etc when connecting to n networks. This driver includes a newer 4.x.x.x firmware and my wifi has been fine this morning (not exhaustively tested, but so far so good!). I just took the old kext out, put the new one in (S/L/E) and ran Kext Utility.

http://www.osx86.net/view/1299-ar9285_lion.html

I can confirm that Mountain Lion is working. Tried a fresh install about 3 or 4 times (failed), then decided for an update (using a backup) and it worked. Power management is still lame, but the hack that comes with Multi**** gives you at least two p-states, I have this problem since 10.7.4. I would love to use my Lenovo on the train again to work more than an hour and a half... The Atheros can be fully used with this one: http://www.osx86.net/view/1279-atheros_ar9285_fix.html

Hope you all enjoy this milestone (haha) in OS X development. It is worth the 20 $ :)

• Like 1