Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm with the unlucky guys who got Broadcom BC4313 with their B570.

I bought from eBay the Atheros 9285 and i'm getting the same problem as Rackveli. 104 - Wireless Device Not Supported.

Any ideas from here? Everything else works great!

Does anyone know of a different osx86 supported wireless card that is supported by the B570?

Thanks in advance!

Hey!

I'm trying to decide which laptop to buy, and I wanted to know - does this setup (as is), work also on the i5 B570??

Thanks a bunch!! :)

It obviously works on all CPUs Lenovo installs in these lines of laptops - I have an i7 V570 and the setup was the same, even with iATKOS L2.

But my problem is: I have Lenovo V570 with OEM Windows 7 and I want dual boot with Mac OS X. I made a MBR HFS partition with Paragon Partition Manager on Windows, installed Lion 10.7.2 there following these instructions and everything seems to work.

But it boots only through iATKOS, without the USB drive with iATKOS it boots Windows straight away.

Where did I go wrong and can I fix this without repartitioning or reinstalling?

Thanks macinsane for such a great guide! - I got my B570 up and working (except wifi, have the broadcom card) - but will rectify that problem soon! One problem that I have run into is with power management. I went through the install process, using your dsdt etc. upgraded to 10.7.3, removed nullcpupowermanagement and Sleepenabeler kexts and then installed your power mgmt kexts. The laptop then ran extremely hot, as well as sleep did not work correctly. I then re-installed the two kexts to re-enable sleep and cool down the laptop. The only thing I can think of that I might have done different than you, is uring my initial install process I believe I installed the EVOreboot.kext from Iatkos L1, would that be conflicting with the power management kexts, and impacting sleep when the sleepenabler and nullcpumanagement kexts are removed? Did you install the EVOreboot.kext in your config?

I figured it out. I deleted the EVOreboot.kext and the laptop will now sleep correctly.

Just finished reading the whole thread. Thanks everyone and especially Macinsane. I will install OS X Lion 10.7.3 when my notebook arrives. Hopefully there aren't any problems with the B950 dual core processor. It should work according to my "research".

I bit the bullet and decided to flash the BIOS I had posted earlier in this thread. I worked and I switched the WiFi card to one that was not in the original BIOS's whitelist. It's running great!

macinsane, can you please clarify what what cpu patches have been made to the dsdt that are only for the i3 model? I would like to know and it would save me a lot of effort for patching only what's needed for B950 processor in the dsdt...

Rest of my hardware seems to be the same as yours.

Just try out the dsdt and see if it works for you. There haven't been added any special cpu patches. It is just that the raw dsdt contains informations specific to the model it has been extracted from. If it runs on your machine then: fine. If it doesn't, extract your own dsdt and copy/paste all the patches you might need from mine to yours.

I've got a problem with the wifi.

I can't connect to some routers. I have a FritzBox Fon WLAN 7270 and a SL WLAN.

There are no problems with the SL WLAN, but I get always an error by connecting to the Fon WLAN.

The OS shows me, that I am connected, but there are no internet connection.

But if I look to the network list, which clients, are connected, I can't find my Lenovo.

If I try it with Windows 7 ( got Dualboot), everything works perfect.

Does anybody have an idea?

Got 10.7.3

I`m new to hackintosh and I can`t find any information about will this method work on Lenovo b570 with Intel B950 processor? Also I can`t find where I can take smbios.plist of MacbookPro8,1 and will it work with B950 processor? Maybe I have to use some different smbios.plist or make my on with Lizard for exmple?

What does it meen "Format USB with MBR Style"?

I asking all this questions because I tried to make usb with iatkos on it but I can`t boot from it. I format it with disk utility than restore iatkos.dmg on it, than install Chamelion on it and put smbios.plist that I found to the extra folder. But I can`t boot with this usb. When I trying to boot I select to boot from usb but then I see black screen and then my Windows 7 booting. What I`m doing wrong?

Just an update on the B950 Intel dual core processor

I finally recieved my notebook today and after extensive testing first-hand, I have confirmed that it doesn't have the HD 3000 graphics chip, but the HD 2000 variant. Click here for a screenshot.

I did try to run lion and managed to get native resolution using GraphicsEnabler=Yes but was unable to qe/ci working.

Oh well, got to stick with windows...

After an entire day of configuring my new laptop, I can confirm that I'm running Lion 10.7.3 on my new hackintosh notebook (V570 variant with an i5-2410 processor) with many thanks to OP and all others who helped. Used iAtkos v2 as a base install and then ran the combo update to 10.7.3 instead of through software update.

It turned out to be totally worth it. Everything is super stable. Although the fan seems to run constantly at low speed though and speed up at high processor usage...

For wifi, the laptop was shipped with an Intel 6150 Wireless N + WiMax

Switched it with this Atheros AR9285 from ebay. Shipping took about 16 days to Canada. The wifi dsdt didn't work for some reason so I got this kext (didn't want to brainstorm it too much and it's working so will take another look later)

HD3000 worked out of the box. The chameleon included in iAtkos v2 still produced glitches sometimes. Updated to the latest chameleon and haven't seen any more glitches since.

Ended up changing the serial number by generating a unique one through Champlist.

Can't wait to get a non-sandforce SSD (such as the Crucial M4 with a micron controller) for those random 4k writes but now I'm broke because I spent more than I had on the laptop. Oh well...

Please pm me if anyone has any questions, I will be happy to help out.

Hi all ,nice topic Macinsane, i installed Lion using iAtkosL2 with 10.7.3 combo update on my Lenovo G570 -i5 2.39 GHz - 8gb ram - Ati Hd 5670m + Intel HD3000. Using most common laptop kexts without dsdt i got working everything exept :

Wifi (Broadcom 4313)(using usb-wifi dongle),

Camera was crashing on skype (works only on frontrow),

hdmi,

ati g/c (working with intel 3000 - 1366x768),

cardreader,

sleep

sound was buggy. i fixed the sound using VoodooHDA + prefpane.

After i found this topic and tryed Macinsane's kexts and dsdt. Now is working

sleep (with sleep button)(no action closing the lid),

camera fixed,

brightness control (with alt+up/down arrow)

but still not working hdmi, ATI, cardreader and here is funny ...battery showing x (no batteries available) even A/C pluged in or on battery. If i remove dsdt.aml then battery icon is coming back to normal but sleep, camera and brightness not working(like on my first install).

Any ideas to fix the Macinsane's dsdt for the battery??? Any ideas?

Mentalab,

It looks like you will have to extract raw dsdt from your system and rebuild your dsdt using macinsane's patches; patching one by one as it applies to each section. Also, you can try patching just the sleep (closing the lid), hdmi and battery sections according to your configuration (G560) on the dsdt provided by macinsane.

I would recommend using DSDTSE.

Mentalab,

It looks like you will have to extract raw dsdt from your system and rebuild your dsdt using macinsane's patches; patching one by one as it applies to each section. Also, you can try patching just the sleep (closing the lid), hdmi and battery sections according to your configuration (G560) on the dsdt provided by macinsane.

I would recommend using DSDTSE.

I extracted allready my dsdt.aml returned some errors which i googled and found.Still 1 warning left to fix. I added PNFL device to my dsdt and i got brightness control. For camera i tryed abt 20 kexts and finaly i got the right one :). Since i got battery working with my dsdt only left to fix sleep (generally) (cause is not working on mine dsdt) , now abt hdmi/vga and sleep i searched on dsdtse the hacks but no hack sleep ...only for lid sleep but is saying abt device LID but mine appears like LID0 in my dsdt and i really dont know how to patch it.

Can you help me patching my dsdt?

thx in advance

I had gotten KP after KP with this method, until I finally tried something a bit different. I used MODCD to boot a retail snow leopard disk that I had used transmac to install on a 1TB hard drive I have. All fine and dandy, as I got to the GUI. Here's the rub, though: I I have to wipe my windows drive, and I cannot install to the USB, which sucks.

Now, I mentioned the retail disk because it had quite a bit of extra crud thrown in that I did not need. After removing it all, I tried to use TransMac to shrink the dmg, but it would not. So I now have approx 4.3 GB of data, and approx. 2.3 GB or so of free space in the DMG that I cannot modify.

I can make this work, otherwise, and I know I can, I just need a little help in figuring out how to shrink the image. My B570 is almost exactly the same config as the original posters' machine, with a different,lower grade processor, but it will work.

I have access to another machinethat dual boots Win7 x86 and Ubuntu Onieric Ocelot. Any ideas on a utility that works with Ubuntu or Windows that could help me shring the dmg and finishmy B570 hackintosh?

• 2 weeks later...

It might be worthwhile for all those running 10.7.3 to patch the original AICPM.kext that came with Lion 10.7.3 with this -

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=9&t=1003

fixes some sleep problems/etc..

edit: attached patched AICPM.kext for my i3-2330m 10.7.3 (you can try for your cpu but it's strongly encouraged to patch using the link above for and on your own machine)

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

I just completed a fresh install on a b570 w/ i3 2330.

Upgraded to 10.7.3 and added the different kexts and ran the patch gokul posted.

Sleep & Lid close no longer works.

Which kexts should i use for power management?

Anyone else have this issue?

It did work in the beginning, and i have tried numerous combinations of removing kexts, etc to no avail.

Solved. When it suggests *NOT* to install NullCpu, you really should follow instructions.

Fix for laggy itunes

No uninstalling or changing Itunes versions fixed this but I eventually found the fix.

The problem is related to the kext "AppleUpstreamUserClient.kxt" I only found this out after a LOT of Googling.

The trick is to rename the kext and repair permissions and voila, no more skipping mouse.

To rename:

----------------

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo mv AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.old

source - #######