Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me, how I have to prepare the USB-stick to put the MacBookPro smbios.plist to the stick?

I try to install osx lion onto another lenovo but can't remember how I solved the Problem with the smbios.plist -.-

Always if I install Chameleon to an USB-stick and boot Mac OS with the stick it just reboots.

And if I try to boot OSX with the iAtkos boot loader it doesn't continues, because of the smbios.plist xD

I'm sorry if it is a stupid question but I am sitting in front of this over 3 hours.

Could anybody please help me? :)

Can anybody tell me, how I have to prepare the USB-stick to put the MacBookPro smbios.plist to the stick?

I try to install osx lion onto another lenovo but can't remember how I solved the Problem with the smbios.plist -.-

Always if I install Chameleon to an USB-stick and boot Mac OS with the stick it just reboots.

And if I try to boot OSX with the iAtkos boot loader it doesn't continues, because of the smbios.plist xD

I'm sorry if it is a stupid question but I am sitting in front of this over 3 hours.

Could anybody please help me? :)

If I remember correcty the boot loader uses the Extra folder on the partition to be booting not the folder on the partition it sits on.

So if you use an usb drive to start OSX from your hd, you have to put the smbios.plist on the hd and not on the usb drive.

Anyway, you should be able to start OSX with the -s command ending in the command line and copy the smbios.plist by hand from there (maybe you have to mount your usb drive).

On my Lenovo the FaceTime window doesn't show up.

I'm clicking on the FaceTime app and the process runs, but there is no window.

Does anybody this problem too?

I also tried to delete the Contents and reinstall them again, but this did not show an effect.

Would be grate, if somebody have an advice for me :)

Hello everybody,

I have a Lenovo B570 laptop, and followed this guide, so I have an almost fully functional OSX machine. HD3000, Soundcard, Ethernet, Wifi are functional.

I have a problem with mouse and touchpad scroll, it is inverted so I have to scroll upwards if I want to scroll down. BTW B570 has a built-in fingerprint reader, is there any chance to use it?

Hello everybody,

I have a Lenovo B570 laptop, and followed this guide, so I have an almost fully functional OSX machine. HD3000, Soundcard, Ethernet, Wifi are functional.

I have a problem with mouse and touchpad scroll, it is inverted so I have to scroll upwards if I want to scroll down. BTW B570 has a built-in fingerprint reader, is there any chance to use it?

It's a function by Lion, I think. They made it, to scroll on a Mac with a Trackpad just like you would do it on an iPhone.

I'm not really sure, but I think you can disable this function in the System profiler.

Just try it out.

Hello everybody,

Hey operator,

in System Preferences go to Trackpad and uncheck the top checkbox. Then you'll

have normal scrolling.

Re-installed Lion with the new DSDT file along with the stock IO82011family.kext and still no wifi. I gave up and installed a micro wifi adapter. Airlink 101 for 15 bucks and it works fairly well. I back in 10.7.1. Did anyone else notice that 10.7.2 was a bit slow and chocked up once in while? I feel that 10.7.1 on this computer is much more smooth.

I`m new to hackintosh and I can`t find any information about will this method work on Lenovo b570 with Intel B950 processor? Also I can`t find where I can take smbios.plist of MacbookPro8,1 and will it work with B950 processor? Maybe I have to use some different smbios.plist or make my on with Lizard for exmple?

What does it meen "Format USB with MBR Style"?

I asking all this questions because I tried to make usb with iatkos on it but I can`t boot from it. I format it with disk utility than restore iatkos.dmg on it, than install Chamelion on it and put smbios.plist that I found to the extra folder. But I can`t boot with this usb. When I trying to boot I select to boot from usb but then I see black screen and then my Windows 7 booting. What I`m doing wrong?

Hello.

I have a desktop that I built currently running 10.6, which I did with an older iAtkos install. I was just given a new i3 B570 laptop and followed your guide in the initial post, using iAtkos L1 and Chameleon v2.1 svn 17xx. Install went beautifully, but during -v boot, I freeze at the power management line every time (it says that it times out and then I freeze). I downloaded your "power management" zip and copied that .kext into the system/library/extension folder and had the same result. Any clue what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

-Britton

EDIT: Please disregard. I was able to copy the file to the HD using terminal and it works! Currently patching. Cheers!

Hope everyone had a wonderful christmas. :)

All of your questions are answered in my first post. Please read the guide first ;) If you don't understand the instructions given there please feel free to ask them in the forum or ask me personally. I'll do my very best to help you. I'm very sorry but I've been busy at work lately and will not be able to answer questions within the day.

I wish you all a happy new year. :)

Hi there,

I am thinking about getting a B570 (running SnowX on a Z560 at the moment)

Whats the issue with GUID - does anybody know how to get this going?

(if I boot chameleon and e/e from usb-stick, can I then continue booting on a GUID formatted drive with OSX ?)

Thx

Next

macinsane (OP) how good are you with the dsdt.aml file? I want to get my lid fix/USB sleep fix and i already stolen a few kexts from you that seem to work on the z570. I need some help. Do you think you can help me out with a few problems? Your post for the b570 has helped out alot.

Hello

I have a V570 and i have been working on getting mine working I installed using IATKOS L2 and you say after install go back into and copy the smbios to the computer. Mine just hangs when I try to into the mac side how am I supposed to copy over the file for it to run?

macinsane (OP) how good are you with the dsdt.aml file? I want to get my lid fix/USB sleep fix and i already stolen a few kexts from you that seem to work on the z570. I need some help. Do you think you can help me out with a few problems? Your post for the b570 has helped out alot.

As far as I know my dsdt file should work fine for you as others reported that it did. But I cannot guarantee that! For example if you have a dedicated graphics card (Nvidia) it is not going to boot up.

This is a great forum to get help. Thanks for all the post.

I am having a problem following this guide and install to a v570 I just bought. I got into the boot screen, and it has my USB drive listed there. However, in middle of the install, it just quit and come back rebooted the laptop. It never have the install GUI come up. I have followed every suggestions for the pre boot and boot guide.

Is there something I need to set in the BIOS? My V570 is i5, don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

============

I think I found what is wrong but I do not know how to fix it. I think I installed Chameleon wrong. HOwever, I followed every step of the Chameleon install guide, it just would not boot.

Can somebody point me to a good Chameleon installation procedure?

Thanks!

Edited by youngbilly

am i right that the procedure with iATKOS L2 is nearly the same as with L1?

the advantage over L1 is, that it has a new chameleon onbaord, so that i can install with Graphic Enabler directly.

is that right?

and by the way - thanks for that great tutorial.

rushclub

As far as I know my dsdt file should work fine for you as others reported that it did. But I cannot guarantee that! For example if you have a dedicated graphics card (Nvidia) it is not going to boot up.

no nvidia graphics here. I will give your DSDT a try. thanks so much!