[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

I am trying to install Lion for the first time.

I downloaded OS Lion last weekend (27 May) so assume it is 10.7.4 (which is the version available today) - is there any way to check the version of the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app"? It is 4,202,676,489 bytes

I followed the steps in the first post - I chose Mac 4,1 option in Lionize. When Lion install started got the screen with translucent multi-lingual message stating I must turn off computer by holding down the on/off button - I assume this was a kernel panic.

I replaced DSDT.aml on USB stick with one for my mobo from post 566 and when Chameleon started the installer, it just hung displaying Apple logo and spinning wheel. So, an improvement.

Where to go from here?

I am trying to install Lion for the first time.

I downloaded OS Lion last weekend (27 May) so assume it is 10.7.4 (which is the version available today) - is there any way to check the version of the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app"? It is 4,202,676,489 bytes

I followed the steps in the first post, but when Lion install started got the screen with translucent multi-lingual message stating I must turn off computer by holding down the on/off button - I assume this was a kernel panic.

I replaced DSDT.aml on USB stick with one for my mobo from post 566 and when Chameleon started the installer, it just hung displaying Apple logo and spinning wheel. So, an improvement.

Where to go from here?

Also Martytoof modified my Lionize for allow recreance to be lunched in 10.7.4 Lionize.zip

try install this Enoch-r1982.pkg.zip the USB and after on the destination volume (Is my Version of Chameleon as a very complete list of supported GFX card)

Fabio

Thanks Fabio, but this did not work, I get kernel panic after installer starts.

One small thing is that the Lionize script unmounts the USB drive when it completes and it then does not appear in destination for package.

Thanks Fabio, but this did not work, I get kernel panic after installer starts.

One small thing is that the Lionize script unmounts the USB drive when it completes and it then does not appear in destination for package.

You do the creation process of the USB (Lionize) from Snow Leopard?

Also You already look around if other people have the same issue with you GFX model in Lion?

Fabio

Hi guys,

First, sorry about my english.

i have a Asus Rampage III Black Edition. I made the download from the DSDT to my Black Edition according the first page on this topic. but when i Boot my OS, the scren jst freeze. How can i "debug" to find the error? Is Black Edition DSDT file old? Tks.

@Fabio

I created the USB using Lionize (new version with 10.7.4 check in it) and new chameleon you supplied.

Install fails @

IOAPIC: Version 0×20 Vectors 64:87

IOAPIC: Version 0×20 Vectors 88:111

which is noted here http://trick77.com/2...8-compatibility

I replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext with this one which is v1.3.5 from Snow Leopard #34.

Now install hangs on:

Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: link up on ....

which occurs a few steps after SMC: smcInitHelper ERROR .... fall back to old SMC mode which has been mentioned happens on real Macs.

I don't know where to go from here - do I revert to previous version of kext for network/ethernet?

• Like 1

Fabio, been using your Sabertooth DSDT with i7-920 SSDT patched into it and native power mngmt and SS work fine, only ever ran under newest 10.8 but looks like 10.7.4 is very similar. Only issue is when running higher overclocks near or past 4ghz, especially with turbo, seem to become unstable easier than chameleon P&C states(no doubt due to your fine work on that project) and can require more voltage than I feel comfortable with to settle down,its CO/C1 stepping. Long story short, any enhancements that can be made for overlocked 920? Or Sabertooth? If any advice you have were to come packaged inside a Sabertooth DSDT, I wouldn't mind :angel_not: . Strange thing is seems most stable using vcore offset and vdrop which swings voltage up in mid to high 1.5s at slight load and drops almost to 1.0 at idle, but too scary. I know your busy with many projects, so thank you either way for all you do!

Fabio, been using your Sabertooth DSDT with i7-920 SSDT patched into it and native power mngmt and SS work fine

Yep I'm very busy...

Can you post the edited DSDT for the Sabertooth (920)

You do the edit by yourself?

How about the boot time??? (using the 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext) ??

I do some more trick on Chameleon (Enoch) and after I come back here for Asus X58...

Fabio

Here, you did the orig edits, I just pasted in 920 stuff vs generic i7. I've always used SL 1.3.5 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext in Lion, and if I don't also use older ver in ML it will hang for a min or so.

DSDT.aml.zip

C'mon guys....

more than 70 download and only 5 feedback???

I would find a common solution but I need help...

Fabio

Usually that means it worked :)

C'mon guys....

Fabio

Just waiting for my new hard disk to come in the post so I can clone my boot drive and give this a shot :)

Really struggling here I had a lovely stable 10.7.3 running updated by mistake and killed it. Did a fresh build to 10.7.3 but now want 10.7.4 to work. Can someone give me a step by step guide as to what to do so I don't {censored} it up and have to rebuild it again. Motheboard is a asus p6t se i7 920 and graphics is a GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB Nvidia. Thanks for your help guys

Got error:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors

specs:

Asus Rampage III Black Edition, Core I7 950, NVidia GTX 295

Did you read any of the posts left in this topic over the past week that address that issue and how to fix it or was that the result of testing Fabio's updated DSDT along with the 10.7.4 kext?

Fabio:

i7 920 P6T Deluxe (V1), 12GB

I ran the combo update on a working 10.7.3 install, replaced the DSDT with the one you provided recently:

- No hang on boot

- 30s boot time give or take (7200RPM SATA)

- No audio

- Did not test sleep (sorry, forgot to do it)

- Speedstep looks like it's working. Throttles down to 1.6ghz, then boosts up to 2.79 (x21 multiplier) on load. This is without any org.chameleon.boot.plist entries for speedstep.

Rebooted, ran Lionize to get audio working

- Audio working (but obviously patched by Lionize)

- Still did not test sleep

-------

Then once I was sure the system was stable I removed the disk and put in my day-to-day 10.7.4 system:

I replaced the DSDT with the one you provided recently, replaced the 10.6.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the 10.7.4 one that I backed up:

- Speedstep works without any chameleon boot.plist entries

- Sleep/Wake does NOT work. System goes to sleep, but does NOT wake. Video stays off. Holding power switch gets me back to BIOS, but it seems to be stuck at USB detection. I pulled the power cable for a minute and it booted just fine after that. I assume this means it's still completely broken on my system, but to my knowledge it has never actually worked.

- Everything else was enabled thanks to Lionize, so I don't think I have any other input.

Anything else you need me to check?

Also, thank you for your diligent work on behalf of the x58 community. I wrestled with my P6T Deluxe for weeks before I came across your thread. It's been more or less a piece of cake ever since.

edit:

I only seem to see hwmonitor show two multipliers. one x12 and x21. Not sure if it should give me more options than that?

Fabio:

i7 920 P6T Deluxe (V1), 12GB

I ran the combo update on a working 10.7.3 install, replaced the DSDT with the one you provided recently:

- No hang on boot

- 30s boot time give or take (7200RPM SATA)

- No audio

- Did not test sleep (sorry, forgot to do it)

- Speedstep looks like it's working. Throttles down to 1.6ghz, then boosts up to 2.79 (x21 multiplier) on load. This is without any org.chameleon.boot.plist entries for speedstep.

Rebooted, ran Lionize to get audio working

- Audio working (but obviously patched by Lionize)

- Still did not test sleep

-------

Then once I was sure the system was stable I removed the disk and put in my day-to-day 10.7.4 system:

I replaced the DSDT with the one you provided recently, replaced the 10.6.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the 10.7.4 one that I backed up:

- Speedstep works without any chameleon boot.plist entries

- Sleep/Wake does NOT work. System goes to sleep, but does NOT wake. Video stays off. Holding power switch gets me back to BIOS, but it seems to be stuck at USB detection. I pulled the power cable for a minute and it booted just fine after that. I assume this means it's still completely broken on my system, but to my knowledge it has never actually worked.

- Everything else was enabled thanks to Lionize, so I don't think I have any other input.

Anything else you need me to check?

Also, thank you for your diligent work on behalf of the x58 community. I wrestled with my P6T Deluxe for weeks before I came across your thread. It's been more or less a piece of cake ever since.

edit:

I only seem to see hwmonitor show two multipliers. one x12 and x21. Not sure if it should give me more options than that?

As far as I know this is normal behavior for x58 with hardware monitor, can check # of P-states loaded in IORegistry though. Patching appleRTC.kext and disabling "repost video card vbios on wake" option in bios "should" fix sleep/wake. To patch, copy to /Extra, run script in terminal, and then reinstall patched kext back to s/l/e, repair permission, rebuild cache, yada, yada

Courtesy of Rayap:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

C'mon guys....

Fabio

Just wanted you to know, I've tested the 930 one with my P6TD and the previous hang at IOAPIC on boot has vanished on Mountain Lion! Super good work mate :)

Now my machine is pretty much 100% vanilla besides FakeSMC.