* * * * * 2 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
For those who missed out on the contest and are wondering what this is all about, Stoplight is the winning app in our first iAnnoyance contest.

Andy and Joe have been hard at work fixing the bugs and improving Stoplight... and are now ready to introduce Stoplight 1.1. They've really set the bar high for future iAnnoyance winners. :)

Stoplight (which I always want to call Spotlight) is now a universal binary (it was previously Intel only) and should work with all classes of Cocoa apps. Make sure you're running the newest version of SIMBL while using it.

Download:Attached File  Stoplight_1.1.zip   93.33KB   11452 downloads
Bugs: List them here.

Thanks!

Takuro

Takuro

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 1,162 posts
Enjoying Camino in full screen without worrying about it closing. Nice. I'd still like to see a feature that allows resizing of windows ala Windows style.

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Takuro - the latter part will definitely be an upcoming iAnnoyance Challenge. :)

dtm3dd

dtm3dd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
They mentioned an installer is there one in the works as I think thats the only downside - it isnt as easy to install as it could be.

Forky

Forky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
i'd be happy if it did not need the SIMBL thing.

EricJD

EricJD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
What does Stoplight do?

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theturtle

theturtle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
erm, cool! but you called it Spotlight once there int he description ;)

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Thanks for the notice. Fixed. :blink:

.Marfil.

.Marfil.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

This works with iphoto?, This works fine me in Safari; but i can't force iphoto to "hide", not close, with the red button.

I use a ppc mac.

Nice app ;)

sev7en

sev7en

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:AIEN
Nice one mates :thumbsdown_anim:

loopit

loopit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This is awesome. Is there a webpage for this? How can I be notified when new versions are out?

This and not being able to resize windows from all 4 corners of a window have been what's annoyed me the most on OS X. If you could create a script that would do this as well that would be awesome!

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Hey loopit, welcome to the forum!

There's not a website for them yet, but we should have one shortly. Right now the best way to keep track of the app would be to subscribe to our RSS feed, or maybe even just this thread (which can be done at the top right of the page).

iamcamiam

iamcamiam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
only beef that i have with stoplight is after having it installed for so long, i tried to shut down and restart my computer and wouldn't do it. once i deleted the stoplight hack bundle, it shut down fine. so i can't use it. for the record, i'm using a macbook

tarrant

tarrant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
so how do i uninstall it?

yashrg

yashrg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
gee thanks a lot! I was getting pissed with the zoom button in finder using some folders with large number of files.

ALiCE_XES

ALiCE_XES

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Anyone can re-post this? The attachment in the firtst post is not working anymore...

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Stony

Stony

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Look here for download:
http://www.cisst.org/wiki/Mac

oz42

oz42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Love the app. I've come over from Windows and adding the ability to maximise windows and close apps on exit is great but now I can't shut down my iMac! It just goes into a loop - it starts to shut down gets as far as the blue screen then the GUI pops back up. Restart doesn't work either. It's a nice app and I would really love to use it but I can't if it won't let me shut down my mac!

psylens

psylens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I recall this happening to me and i think it was a known issue - odd that there's nothing about it here. There's a setting you have to change in the pref pane - sorry i don't have better info than that. I had to redo my machine, and haven't got around to reinstalling this. I'm actually waiting for an update, but it doesn't look like the programmer(s) is maintaining it.

If you figure out what the setting is that needs to change, you should post back here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy