Onixs

89 posts in this topic

well...

GM Build: 11A511

GM InstallESD.dmg MD5: b5d3753c62bfb69866e94dca9336a44a

App Store Build: 11A511

App Store InstallESD.dmg MD5: b5d3753c62bfb69866e94dca9336a44a

So, yea, bit by bit identical.

buy a retail Version, it's not expensive anyway - 23.99 € or 29.99 $ !

or you can wait till August, then there will be a USB-Stick Version - 69.99 $ at Retail Stores !

OS X Lion

- While Apple initially touted OS X Lion as being a Mac App Store exclusive, the company announced today that the new operating system will also be made available on a USB thumb drive beginning next month. The thumb drive option will be priced at $69, compared to $29.99 for Mac App Store distribution.

look here Mac Rumors !

CooSee ' Ya

buy a retail Version, it's not expensive anyway - 23.99 € or 29.99 $ !

or you can wait till August, then there will be a USB-Stick Version - 69.99 $ at Retail Stores !

look here Mac Rumors !

CooSee ' Ya

Thanks. I was planning on buying it anyway, but it never hurts to check.

but if the final release is equal to gm and then it's not necessary to install final version, my question is:

we could install under gm the future system upgrades the apple will release for the lion? or is it better to install the final version anyway?

Well since basically both package are exactly the same, you can install the GM and get full updates afterwards (because here GM=RTM in our specific case), however I think that to respect Apple developers' work provided to produce Lion, it's still better to buy it :( (But it stays my humble opinion)

finally!! I am hoping to see a way to run it on legacy machines

Define *legacy*. Do you mean non-dual-core or simply non-C2D machines?

As far as non-C2D Hacks, as long as the LGA775 CPU is any of the following: E1xxx/3xxx (Celeron DualCore), E5xxx (Pentium DualCore), E/Q6xxx (Core2Duo/Core2Quad), or Q8xxx/9xxx (Core2Quad), Lion *will* run on it. Out of that rather large group of CPUs, only E1xxx lacks support for hardware virtualization (which is recommended for Lion, though not a requirement), and that particular CPU is not sold retail or even e-tail (instead, E3400, which does support hardware virtualization, has replaced it). Needless to say, all LGA115/1156/1366 CPUs support Lion.

The big issues for support of a CPU by Lion generically are:

1. x64 support - This is, apparently, non-negotiable, unless you use a non-standard kernel (Atom, for example). However, given that x64-capable CPUs are bargains (and except for Atom, practically unavoidable), this should be a non-issue for Hack building or upgrading.

2. Hardware virtualization support - While not a requirement, it's leveraged by Lion in ways that Snow Leopard simply couldn't take advantage of, even for legacy applications, which makes it a nice feature to have in Lion. Again, this has become a checkbox item (I pointed out E3400 earlier).

3. 512kb of L2 cache/core or greater. Again, a recommendation for Lion, not a requirement. Also, like hardware virtualization, it's become a checkbox item.

but if the final release is equal to gm and then it's not necessary to install final version, my question is:

we could install under gm the future system upgrades the apple will release for the lion? or is it better to install the final version anyway?

Lion GM updates just fine

im already updating my "itunes" + "remote desktop client" to new versions using software update

Anyone know if you can use Snow ATi graphics kexts on Lion?

No idea - however, ATI5000Injector.kext (injector for HD5xxx Mobility GPUs - both notebook and desktop versions) works in Lion (DP1 through GM) just dandy. If you use Chameleon RC5 build 700 and later, or any version of Chimera, the same enablers/injectors used with Snow *should* work with Lion; however, you will likely need *only* the injector for the AMD GPUs, as Lion, unlike Snow, supports HD5xxx, and even most HD6xxx, GPUs directly.

Interestingly enough, I turned on my Mac and now my mac build is 511 instead of the GM build. When I went to App Store to buy the build, I got the status "Installed". Perhaps Apple gave me a freebie?

what else shall appstore say ?

And no it is no "freebie". Try to vote for Lion while logged into Appstore. It will tell you that " you need to have purchased this item in order to vote for it".. :)

Anyway.. Lion is Lion it seems. Software Update works for A511 as well as for the other build. So, I use this. It has no issues for me.

They already have same build number :unsure: That's the installer's app that has an "older" build number, but it has been proven that both gm and retail are the same (installer is 11a494 for both, and installed system is 11a511 for both too) ;)

Interestingly enough, I turned on my Mac and now my mac build is 511 instead of the GM build. When I went to App Store to buy the build, I got the status "Installed". Perhaps Apple gave me a freebie?

The "Installed" status is because you have a copy of the OS X Install App (GM) someplace on your HDD. Remove it and the status will change to a Buy button.

Hi guys, do you have a problem with the LID/clamshell sleep?

In snow leopard, everything works fine, but in Lion the LID sleep does not work, though this issue can be fixed by replacing the AppleACPIPlatform in 10.6.8.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

just for info, if anyone has successfully downloaded Lion on Apple store, do not forget to make a copy of InstallESD.dmg, otherwise it disappears after the install, at least on a real Mac, but no never know on a hackintosh ! :)

x code 4.1 is also released for lion (3 gb) from the app store

xcode 4.1 on appstore is also the same as GM build from dev center that came out 3 days ago.

but not confuse it with Xcode 4.2, which is currently in Beta3 ( for ios5 )

Hi guys, do you have a problem with the LID/clamshell sleep?

In snow leopard, everything works fine, but in Lion the LID sleep does not work, though this issue can be fixed by replacing the AppleACPIPlatform in 10.6.8.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Look for AppleRTC.kext fix here.