App Store Error: No GUID is available

68 posts in this topic

I have the same problem: No GUID available whenever I try to access the App Store.

Usual solutions did not work for me: set EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, deleting NetworkInterfacePlist ... no success.

Finally I found the reason. In order to get my nVidia 9800GT properly working I am using an EFI-String in boot.plist. When I only use GraphicsEnabler I must always attach the VGA conncector, which is annoying because I am using the second DVI connector. The EFI string gives correct NVCAP values.

However without the EFI string in boot.plist everything is working and App Store gives no further error. Switching back to EFI string gives the same error than before: No GUID...

At least I know the reason - without a perfect solution.

Can the Ralink 2860 be the problem? I tried all the available solutions so far and my boot.plist is clean without any EFI strings..

Maybe it helps if I get a new WIFI card? I am willing to buy a new WIFI PCI card, the Ralink 2860 kinda sucks because it's 32bit only. When Lion comes available, I want to use 64bit..

So if someone has a suggestion which Wireless-N card is the best and will work perfectly with Lion?

I am using Chimera (latest) which I acquired by compiling the sources from GitHUB, but it also worked for me with Chimera from Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. honestly I don't think the chameleon makes as much as a difference as the card being recognized as internal.

I use a Ralink 2870 150N (11n) USB dongle with no issues, and the app store works fine on both 10.6.7/8 and Lion DP4.

I honestly think that it's because the Ralink 2860, which only runs in 32bit mode. The only problem the App Store has seems to be the fact that it needs to detect an internal netwerkcard. Apparently, this isn't possible with the 2860. Well, it's time to upgrade, so I guess I will need to buy another USB stick which is capable.

What stick do you use exactly? I might buy that one, so I know for sure it'll work with the App Store in the future when Lion comes out.

i've instaled Lion Gm, and also i've this problem and aslo in snow 10.6.8 .. i use Usb wireless stick with zydas driver ? any help

I think I have the solution. If you tried everything suggested in this topic, I bet you didn't install the Kext for your internal Network card/chip. Like me, because I always use WIFI, I didn't see any purpose to install the driver for my Realtek onboard chip. Well, in Lion I did install the Kext, and suddenly it did work with Ethernetbuild in and removing the Networkinterfaces.plist file.

So the solutions provided here do work, but you need to have your internal networkcard installed.

If you enabled it and it shows as en1, I think that is your problem. Try this:

Set <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> to yes in your boot.plist file in the /Extra folder.

Then remove the network plist file. Also remove all your devices from the Network prefpane.

Reboot, add your devices, and see if it works.

for my two hack systems I had to specify the PCI RootID in boot.plist in order for the Apple Store to work under Lion. under 10.6.7 this wasn't needed.

using the latest or a recent version of Chameleon, add this -

PCIRootUID=0 or 1

the majority of Gigabyte boards are 1, the rest 0.

In my case,same error as other people`s occured...but when I tried Netshade 4 to see if I could bypass that issue this message popped up...

screenshot20110708at517.png

This makes me think, could it be Apple trying to know which Macs should be allowed to update to Lion? (I`m on 10.6.8)

Same message here. Guess anti piracy is in effect :). I'll buy it anyway...

Is there a way to make System Profiler show the info like it`s a real Genuine Mac?

Maybe editing the specs :P I know there`s a way but just can`t find how to do it :P

Luckly I don't have that problem (yet). But Apple is really stupid if they proceed with this. People don't pay for Hackintoshes, so the App Store is a way for Apple to get some money from us, which is always better then nothing.

screenshot20110708at517.png

This is what I'm getting, but ONLY if I set my graphics card via EFI string. Adding PCIRoot to boot.plist fixed the "no GUID" problem but instead I get the above. If I just use GraphicsEnabler then App Store works without problems.