• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

alabastida

alabastida

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks Paulo & ZURIE... your fixed work for me too :)

And just a quick note for all of you who are struggling too, I initially after the update did all that deleting the Network Interfaces in Network Prefs/deleted the NetworkPreferences.plist stuff & rebooting & then re-added the Network Interfaces stuff but none of it worked ! So then I tried what Paulo said of just adding EthernetBuiltIn to my com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra/ & it worked straightaway !!
BUT as an afterthought, I then decided to restore a backup that I had made just BEFORE updating to 10.6.8, and again ran the update & when that was all finished I just made the changes to com.apple.Boot.plist WITHOUT having to do ANY of that deleting Network Interfaces/NetworkPreferences.plist stuff, and it worked straightaway !!
So for me & hopefully others, I proved that you just have to make the changes to the Boot.plist and the AppStore should work again !!

:)

Damn i updated to 10.6.8 and im having the same no GUID available error when trying to log into the App Store... i really thought this option was going to help me (i did tried the other options like deleting de net adapter and deleting the net cache file and rebooting) but after adding the EthernetBuiltIn key in my com.apple.Boot.plist (in my case located at /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist) it still gives me that no GUID available error... :'( anyone else has bumped with this one???

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
10.6.8 tried everything you guys said in this topic. Removed the networkinterface.plist, added the extra info into my boot.plist, removed every network interface in the configuration-panel. Still the same error. I use a Ralink Wireless PCI card (RT2860) with the Ralink application which adds a Ethernet (eth0) in the network-settings when I click on the +.

Maybe Apple does this on purpose to block Hackintosh users? Hope someone knows how to fix this though.

zurie

zurie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

must go in /EXTRA/com.Apple.Boot.plist

not in your system Library

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Ok, deleted everything again and copied the boot.plist to the EXTRA folder. Still doesn't work.

This is my com.apple.Boot.plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600011c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

It's the same in both my EXTRA folder and the Systemlibrary. Device properties is the stuff that was added when I used EFI Studio to add my Ethernet Device.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
Do you still need the device-properties string too (I didn't)?

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I'll remove it and try again. You never know, maybe it will help :)

EDIT: Doesn't work. Same problem..

roberdo

roberdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I have the same problem: No GUID available whenever I try to access the App Store.

Usual solutions did not work for me: set EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, deleting NetworkInterfacePlist ... no success.

Finally I found the reason. In order to get my nVidia 9800GT properly working I am using an EFI-String in boot.plist. When I only use GraphicsEnabler I must always attach the VGA conncector, which is annoying because I am using the second DVI connector. The EFI string gives correct NVCAP values.

However without the EFI string in boot.plist everything is working and App Store gives no further error. Switching back to EFI string gives the same error than before: No GUID...

At least I know the reason - without a perfect solution.

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Can the Ralink 2860 be the problem? I tried all the available solutions so far and my boot.plist is clean without any EFI strings..

Maybe it helps if I get a new WIFI card? I am willing to buy a new WIFI PCI card, the Ralink 2860 kinda sucks because it's 32bit only. When Lion comes available, I want to use 64bit..

So if someone has a suggestion which Wireless-N card is the best and will work perfectly with Lion?

douggle

douggle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Latest version of chameleon with ethernetbuiltin boot string fixed my app store i m 100 percent functional

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I guess I need to update chameleon. Didn't try that yet :)

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
what version of Chameleon, I and running r1078 and appstore no go

TIMMAYOSX

TIMMAYOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I use a Ralink 2870 150N (11n) USB dongle with no issues, and the app store works fine on both 10.6.7/8 and Lion DP4.

zurie

zurie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I am using Chimera (latest) which I acquired by compiling the sources from GitHUB, but it also worked for me with Chimera from Tonymac's #####. honestly I don't think the chameleon makes as much as a difference as the card being recognized as internal.

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I use a Ralink 2870 150N (11n) USB dongle with no issues, and the app store works fine on both 10.6.7/8 and Lion DP4.

I honestly think that it's because the Ralink 2860, which only runs in 32bit mode. The only problem the App Store has seems to be the fact that it needs to detect an internal netwerkcard. Apparently, this isn't possible with the 2860. Well, it's time to upgrade, so I guess I will need to buy another USB stick which is capable.

What stick do you use exactly? I might buy that one, so I know for sure it'll work with the App Store in the future when Lion comes out.

douggle

douggle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

what version of Chameleon, I and running r1078 and appstore no go

I m using r 1091

taky2008

taky2008

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
i've instaled Lion Gm, and also i've this problem and aslo in snow 10.6.8 .. i use Usb wireless stick with zydas driver ? any help

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

i've instaled Lion Gm, and also i've this problem and aslo in snow 10.6.8 .. i use Usb wireless stick with zydas driver ? any help

I think I have the solution. If you tried everything suggested in this topic, I bet you didn't install the Kext for your internal Network card/chip. Like me, because I always use WIFI, I didn't see any purpose to install the driver for my Realtek onboard chip. Well, in Lion I did install the Kext, and suddenly it did work with Ethernetbuild in and removing the Networkinterfaces.plist file.

So the solutions provided here do work, but you need to have your internal networkcard installed.

taky2008

taky2008

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
mm ok but its atheros one and dont work in lion

oki i got the built in card worked and deleted my network interference but stil have same problem Posted Image

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
If you enabled it and it shows as en1, I think that is your problem. Try this:

Set <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> to yes in your boot.plist file in the /Extra folder.
Then remove the network plist file. Also remove all your devices from the Network prefpane.

Reboot, add your devices, and see if it works.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts

oki i got the built in card worked and deleted my network interference but stil have same problem

Your wired ethernet must be en0. In your screenshot, it is en1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy