CMOS Resets on Restarts after Sleep and Wake in 10.7 (Lion)

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,557 posts

No changes using AppleACPI V 1.3.5
I know that newer Chameleon has some internal RESTARTFIX, which is enabled by default - i will try so disable it for an test (RestartFIX=No).

Try disable your bluetooth , my belkin mini have this problem in 10 7, I changed this and this work fine now

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,059 posts
With the Latest Revision >=593 of Clover, you CAN run Vanilla AppleRTC.kext with your DSDT RTC Length >2 :thumbsup_anim:
No more worrying about Updates/Installing.
Works also in ML.
Credits to Slice and dmazar
To quote Steve. "It Just Works"

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 256 posts

With the Latest Revision >=593 of Clover, you CAN run Vanilla AppleRTC.kext with your DSDT RTC Length >2 :thumbsup_anim:
No more worrying about Updates/Installing.
Works also in ML.
Credits to Slice and dmazar
To quite Steve. "It Just Works"

credits to Slice for Clover, to pcj for patching, dmazar for adding AppleRTC patch, STLVNUB for testing, and all others from here for discovering patch. So, as with many things - joined effort. :)

Stormbringer

Stormbringer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Could anybody post vanilla (unmodded) AppleRTC.kext from latest 10.7.4 please? I've accidentally deleted it while experimenting (

asapreta

asapreta

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

This is an alternate patch for Vanilla AppleRTC.kext of Lion GM. An unconditional jump over the rtcWrites() in updateChecksum() to prevent CMOS Resets.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Tried this but the better results I got on ML was to return from sleep and the screen with the message with several languages to press button and restart computer.
On restart, CMOS was reset.

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Tried this but the better results I got on ML was to return from sleep and the screen with the message with several languages to press button and restart computer.
On restart, CMOS was reset.

Try this for Mountain Lion
http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1797706

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy