CMOS Resets on Restarts after Sleep and Wake in 10.7 (Lion)

rayap

474 posts in this topic

I recently was trying to fix the sleep/wake issue on my hackintosh, and need some help. My hackintosh has a gigabyte p35-ds3l, Sapphire Radeon HD5770. Running 10.7.2, everything is good except wake up.

After the machine sleeps properly, when it is woke up by keyboard or power button, it goes to black screen directly. The power is on, fans spinning, but no output to screen. I tried to ping it from another machine, but no response. Clearly the NIC was not brought up either.

I’ve tried patching AppleRTC file, using SleepEnabler, set darkwake to 0, using official RTL8111B or Lnx2mac network card drivers, but none of them works (all black screen)

Now I'm stucked. Any suggestion?

remove sleep enabler and make sure EHCI and USBx is patched in dsdt with device ids as u have ich9 right ?

The AppleRTC executable file appears to remain unchanged in 10.7.3. However revisiting the perl script in post#340; found the following on a kext copy in Extra is sufficient:-

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Is it possible that your new smaller patch doesn't patch the 32bit part of the kext? After booting in 32bit kernel, i got a cmos reset again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I used the patch and there is no CMOS reset anymore, but I still get a black screen upon waking up. Tried to disable hibernation, darkewake=0, but still no avail, and nothing is mentioned on the logs.

Using 10.7.3, sleepenabler, on an Asus A3f laptop.

Hello, I used the patch and there is no CMOS reset anymore, but I still get a black screen upon waking up. Tried to disable hibernation, darkewake=0, but still no avail, and nothing is mentioned on the logs.

Roll back the OS X Lion's AppleACPIPlatform.kext v.1.4.0 to the Snow Leopard's AppleACPIPlatform.kext v.1.3.5.

Ensure to rebuild the kernelcache.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

• Like 1

try DarkWake=1

Roll back the OS X Lion's AppleACPIPlatform.kext v.1.4.0 to the Snow Leopard's AppleACPIPlatform.kext v.1.3.5.

Ensure to rebuild the kernelcache.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

try DarkWake=1

Thanks, but still no change. Goes to sleep, never wakes up, or logs any error. Interesting that after I pull the plug to shut it down, when I plug it in again, it turns itself on automatically.

• 1 month later...

10.7.4 comes with a new AppleRTC.kext. Does the old patch still work?

Just do it.

Looks like the Lion AppleRTC.kext v1.5 is more like its predecessor, unlike the ML(DP1) AppleRTC.kext v1.5 a bit different.

Just do it.

Looks like the Lion AppleRTC.kext v1.5 is more like its predecessor, unlike the ML AppleRTC.kext v1.5 a bit different.

I've just done it...

And it works !!!

Used the last patch proposed in first post :

Added 10th day of July, 2011

An alternate patch for AppleRTC.kext of Lion GM. (Post # 340)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

I've just done it...

And it works !!!

Used the last patch proposed in first post :

well not for everyone ... unfortunately ! :(

can someone send the applertc.kext from 10.7.3 please ?

EDIT : my bad, i forgot to "onyx" before rebooting... after deleting boot cache and repairing permissions with onyx app, everythings works as expected !

Thangs again to everyone :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

I never had any probs with sleep/wakeup for looong time.

But now, with 10.7.4 i get an reboot after wakeup (from working sleep). No CMOS reset because i use that patched AppleRTC - but now the wakeup = rebbot problem.

Which other .kext maybe the reason for that? (i use C2D/Gigabyte G35)

I never had any probs with sleep/wakeup for looong time.

But now, with 10.7.4 i get an reboot after wakeup (from working sleep). No CMOS reset because i use that patched AppleRTC - but now the wakeup = rebbot problem.

Which other .kext maybe the reason for that? (i use C2D/Gigabyte G35)

Possibly, the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.5. Try this one:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5.zip

No changes using AppleACPI V 1.3.5

I know that newer Chameleon has some internal RESTARTFIX, which is enabled by default - i will try so disable it for an test (RestartFIX=No).

• 3 weeks later...

No changes using AppleACPI V 1.3.5

I know that newer Chameleon has some internal RESTARTFIX, which is enabled by default - i will try so disable it for an test (RestartFIX=No).

Try disable your bluetooth , my belkin mini have this problem in 10 7, I changed this and this work fine now

• 1 month later...

With the Latest Revision >=593 of Clover, you CAN run Vanilla AppleRTC.kext with your DSDT RTC Length >2 :thumbsup_anim:

No more worrying about Updates/Installing.

Works also in ML.

Credits to Slice and dmazar

To quite Steve. "It Just Works"

credits to Slice for Clover, to pcj for patching, dmazar for adding AppleRTC patch, STLVNUB for testing, and all others from here for discovering patch. So, as with many things - joined effort. :)
  • Like 1

This is an alternate patch for Vanilla AppleRTC.kext of Lion GM. An unconditional jump over the rtcWrites() in updateChecksum() to prevent CMOS Resets.
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Tried this but the better results I got on ML was to return from sleep and the screen with the message with several languages to press button and restart computer.

On restart, CMOS was reset.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...