• Pip
  • 13 posts
I got Lion running on my Dell Inspiron 530 using:

• Chameleon 2 RC5 rev. 760<
  • Kext Wizard
  • FakeSMC.kext 3.1.0
  • IOATAFamily.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.2
I am very interested in the new Clover EFI Bootloader Project over at projectosx.com

Guide:

1 - Mount your Lion image
3 - Restore “BaseSystem.dmg” (hidden file) from install disk to a USB drive
4 - Remove “Packages” alias from System/Installation on the USB drive
5 - Copy /Packages from 10.7 image to /System/Installation in external USB drive
6 - Install the latest Chameleon RC5 rev. to the USB drive: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=225766
7 - Navigate to System/Library/CoreServices folder on the USB drive and delete PlatformSupport.plist
8 - Copy FakeSMC.kext and IOATAFamily.kext to System/Library/Extensions
9 - Repair permissions: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=253395
10 - Put your DSDT.aml and com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra
11 - You may wan't to add some of these to your plist
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
12 - Test and troubleshoot

Please let me know if you get Lion working, if I missed something, or if you've found a better way.

rorydaredking

rorydaredking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Small guide? Might try myself tonight if you have it working.

docnas

docnas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I got Lion running on my Dell Inspiron 530 using:

• XPC 0.82.3
  • DuetToHdd
  • Kext Utility 2.5.0b
  • EvOreboot.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext 2.1
  • NVEnabler 64.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.2
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
I am very interested in the new Clover EFI Bootloader Project over at projectosx.com

Do you mind some explanation or a short write up of how u did it as well as what works and what doesnt work in it. Thanks!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
i posted the RAID/AHCI fix in snow thread. .. ESB2 device-id 2681 . delete sat1

Cheezmen

Cheezmen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Can you post a DSDT with sleep working?

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Can you post a DSDT with sleep working?

This is the DSDT I got to work with my Snow Leopard.
Hitting the Power Button puts the rig to sleep (display off, fans off, USB devices off, power light flashes). Press any key to wake-up (within 2 seconds).

On wake, the only item that does not resume is sound. In the logs I see Assertions from the patched AppleHDA kext. I have tried many different sound drivers put nothing works after sleep (some even KP on boot).

I am on 10.6.7. I have not updated to 10.6.8 yet (but should be OK I believe). Will update to 10.6.8 when Lion releases and then buy Lion through App Store.

Attached Files

Cheezmen

Cheezmen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks so much for the DSDT my sleep works in Lion :)

It works fine, although i removed the SAT0/SAT1 Id's since i use my own plist.

ThaShef

ThaShef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Thanks so much for the DSDT my sleep works in Lion :D

Cheezmen,
Did you do something special to get Sleep to work. I used the same DSDT and it didn't work. I wonder if I have something extra that breaks the sleep.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
i had issues with 8400gs dev id 10c3 .switched card fr 9500gt and sleep worked. check out my dsdt with ESB2 audio returned fine with voodoohda

FuZi0n

FuZi0n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Got pretty far, but now I'm stuck at still waiting for root device... Got tired of trying things to get it to work so I'll let it rest for now and hope someone else experiences the same problem and got a fix :(

Okay nevermind that, putting the HDD at SATA-0 helped a lot. Next up: stuck at DSMOS has arrived..

Hmm seems like I'm on a roll, booted, don't have internet access and gotta fix my video (nVidia GT430)

splonk

splonk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I am getting nowhere fast with this. Following OP's instructions, I first got an error message the mach_kernel was missing. After adding that to the install drive, I boot up to the utilities page and on clicking restore/install I get an error message:

This copy of the Install Mac OS X Lion application is damaged.

and that's the end of the show. I've tried a couple of times with no good results. Mostly, the usb drive prevents the Dell from completing POST.

Cheezmen

Cheezmen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I used Kakewalk from my existing snow installation to 'burn' the install files onto a spare partition, and then booted from that using chameleon.

I was then able to install without issues from that partition, and i applied my kexts.

The only kexts that are NECESSARY are one for audio, fakesmc (or like), and one for data (if you do not use DSDT injection)

I'll post up my kexts tomorrow

splonk

splonk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hmm. It seems to be Chameleon that is causing the boot freezes. Tried several versions but do not get past the blue sliding bar on inital POST where it freezes halfway.

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Thanks so much for the DSDT my sleep works in Lion :P

I am glad it helped :P

Does your audio work after waking up from sleep ?
I still cannot that to work. I am using some patched Apple HDA.kext from far back in time.
Care to share your audio kext ?

Just for interest, regarding the SATA, do you use IDE or RAID mode in the BIOS setup ?
Care to share you SATA plist ?

Cheezmen

Cheezmen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I use voodooHDA now because of the no sound after sleep issue.

I attached my legacy kext( combined all the patches i use) for your benefit to tinker with.
I use RAID in bios, but not really raid

Attached File  LegacyPatches.kext.zip   5.04KB   134 downloads

EDIT: I modified (well copy and paste) a VoodooHDA to give 4 (3back+1front) stereo channels out and 2 (2 Back 0 front) stereo in. Does anyone know how to fix the front panel mic? It works fine with regular voodoohda, but that only has 2 out and 2 in

Cheezmen

Cheezmen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Ok so I made a kext which has both frontpanel ports working, and read mic + 3/4 line outs.

The grey line out doesnt work (AFAIK, maybe my physical port is damaged) and there is no blue lineout rear option in settings as it broke front mic (and im sceptical as to whether it worked.)

I'll post up the kext tomorrow, but itd be best if we could get autoswitch working

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
i wonder if dsdt needs gfx-hda for video hdmi audio.. i dunno i dont have hdmi :D

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Ok so I made a kext which has both frontpanel ports working, and read mic + 3/4 line outs.

The grey line out doesnt work (AFAIK, maybe my physical port is damaged) and there is no blue lineout rear option in settings as it broke front mic (and im sceptical as to whether it worked.)

I'll post up the kext tomorrow, but itd be best if we could get autoswitch working

Hey Cheezmen,
Can you pls share you audio kext ?
it's well past tomorrow :blink:

Cheezmen

Cheezmen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Oh, i totally forgot about this threqad :\

Here is a VoodooHDA.kext With Working 8 channel output (10 including headphone autoswitch)
The inputs i cant test aswell, but i found that plugging a mic into either front or back port will play it through both outputs anyway...

Maybe somebody can improve it?
Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   156.7KB   98 downloads

I think if you have hdmi audio you'll have to add a hdmi device in voodoohda. Im not too sure how, but i think there is info on pr0ject0sx

mellowboy

mellowboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Created the boot stick as per instructions and booted verbose.
No issues with any kext, but when it gets to the /Extra/dsdt.aml file it bombs out.
Attached File  photo.PNG   428.27KB   41 downloads
(last line hard to read, just says FADT: Using custom DSDT! )

It does not hang, but restarts immediately. I'm using the dsdt.aml from my snow leopard that had always worked (this was generated by the snow leopard install, Snowleopard Universal 3.5).

I'm not sure where to go from here, open to any suggestions...

I did try MacNB's version, but same result.

Attached File  dsdt.dsl.zip   12.25KB   34 downloads

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy