ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Hi, just quickly scaned trough this topic and have one question..

The Envy24 HT (onboard of a Shuttle SN25P) chipset, is it possible to get any form of sound out of it?

btw, i'm using MacOSx 10.5.1 (kernel 9.1.0)

I've tried editing the Info.p in the AppleAC97Audio.kext (/AppleAC97AudioVia.kext) but no results, it just gives me kernel panics...

• 3 weeks later...

more information.........

------------------

Hello Reaper,

thank you very much for your interest in our products.

As Juli@ is a PCI card and there is no Intel Macintosh System available withPCI slots,

no Intel compatibility is required for the driver.

Best regards, Claus Riethmueller

ESI Audiotechnik GmbH

-----Original Message-----

Does the Juli@-Mac-v2_1 driver support for OSX 10.5.1 Intel Ver????

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. I have Juli@ too. We need to do something. I suggest writing more and more letters to ESI Auio support asking for driver. We bought their product, and there is just our business where we wanna use it. they should create a posibility to use it in any system.

They declare list of Operation Systems, that they will support. If you chose another OS, it's your problem. And this is not ESI responsibility. If you want to use Juli@ in Minix 3, does ESI have to write drivers for Minix? :))))))))))))))))))))))))

• 2 weeks later...

Can someoone try to use IOPCIFamily.kext 2.4.4 with ESI Maya44 or ESI Juli@ and original ESI drivers (where I found interesting strings about support for intel-mac since 10.4.4 version)?

CPU: AMD x2 BE-2350 (10.5x200 MGz)

Mb: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 (integrated ALC888 working, integrated ieee1394 working, integrated nforce PHY+RTL8211BL working with editing info.plist forcedeth)

VGA: PCI-E MSI GeForce 7600GS 256 MB (CI/QE working, TV-Out not working with driver from NVidia universal installer from zephyroth dvd)

DVD-RW: Pioneer-112D IDE

HDD1: SATA-2 Samsung 320Gb (winxp32, winxp64 and data) working in AHCI and with NTFS 3G

HDD2 (for LEO): IDE Seagate 40Gb 5400rpm (EFI 8.0 MBR)

Mouse: Logitech Trackman Cordless Optical

Kb: USB Easytouch ET372

IOPCIFamily_leo.kext.zip

• 2 months later...

Can someone crack or whatever people do with the drivers to run on iatkos? I'd love to use garageband together with my guitar. That was the purpose of installing iatkos at first place, but juli@ is not working ;/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi (I'm new here),

If there is enough interest, I can probably make an Envy24HT driver that works for a couple of M-Audio, ESI and Terratec cards. I have written this driver for another operating system, so it should be doable. Any donation (after it's working of course!) is welcome!

Please send me an email or post here if you are interested.

Hi (I'm new here),

If there is enough interest, I can probably make an Envy24HT driver that works for a couple of M-Audio, ESI and Terratec cards. I have written this driver for another operating system, so it should be doable. Any donation (after it's working of course!) is welcome!

Please send me an email or post here if you are interested.

Hi,

Could you please take a look at the Envy24PT chipset as well. i've been looking for a sollution for over a year now without any results. what i've got is : VIA Envy24PT w/ VIA VT1617A Codec, Wolfson WM8728 DAC - 8 Channel. This is an onboard sound chipset in a Shuttle SN25P XPC. there is a wiki on this chipset, maybe it will help : http://gentoo-wiki.com/VIA_Vinyl_Envy24PT

Thank you for your time and help