ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

• Please log in to reply
971 replies to this topic

sjoer

sjoer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
New Intel macs dont have fysical PCI busses to plug cards in only PCI-Express :hysterical:

Anyway it would be nice if we could device a way to get this chipset going, im gonna install gentoo and try see if I can fabricate something out of the ALSA modules..... (anyone ideas?)

PS: Ive got M-Audio Audiophile 192

maakus

maakus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hi there
so are there any news on creating juli@ driver for macos?
unfortunately im not a programmer, im a sound engineer, however i'll try to contribute if i can. maybe install macos and try to do something with my juli@?
anyways can anyone say how hard is it to create such driver? absolutle impossible? only Juli@ developers can create that driver or any good programmer can get enough information for making the driver? maybe its easier just to buy a second soundcard?

maakus

maakus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hm. i wrote an email to the developers and was VERY surprised when they replied me with a link on teir obvious driver download page with the MacOS drivers there.
So everything okay? I can move to macos with my juli@ and have fun in Logic8? anyone used that already?

sly40

sly40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So everything okay? I can move to macos with my juli@ and have fun in Logic8? anyone used that already?

Unfortunally:

------------
Subj: RE: ESI Juli@ on the "Hackintosh PC"

Dear Sergi

We do not support our OSX drivers under OSX x86 on standard Intel PC,s

Use of our products OSX drivers are for use with Apple Mac OSX on an
Apple Mac system only

( There are No plans nor will there be any drivers for "Hacknitosh PC,s" )

Regards

UK Support
ESI Audiotechnik
Tel: +44 (0) 1280 847525

Biondysman

Biondysman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I recently bought a Maya44 Esi-Pro sound card. I've donwloaded the drivers from the vendor site (http://download.esi-...i&p=14&g=1&l=en) but when Ive installed, and reboot, i've got kernel panic.

Obviously, the driver is made for Macs, but the driver has been released, and maybe somebody can take it as a start point.

Another great news is that there are new drivers por Juli@ at:

http://download.esi-...p...mp;g=1&l=en

and for ESP1010 at:

http://download.esi-...p...mp;g=1&l=en.

So...I'm looking for a way to do something to get my maya44 to work.

Regards,

Biondysman.

rama

rama

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
anyone have links for how/to's of using linux dumps to compile custom drivers? I'm also interested in getting various cards like julia and rme cards working on osx86.

rnrizki

rnrizki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

new driver released
http://www.download....m/?p=6&g=1&l=en
ver. 2.1 (universal)
Panel works and i can see esi-audio device in sound setup, but nothing works :D

any ideas?

can u put the ve. 2.1 in rapidshare or something so i can try it... please
coz it seems that esi website hang or something which i cannot download the ver 2.1

many thx

Bonkey

Bonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi, just quickly scaned trough this topic and have one question..

The Envy24 HT (onboard of a Shuttle SN25P) chipset, is it possible to get any form of sound out of it?

btw, i'm using MacOSx 10.5.1 (kernel 9.1.0)

I've tried editing the Info.p in the AppleAC97Audio.kext (/AppleAC97AudioVia.kext) but no results, it just gives me kernel panics...

kericoul

kericoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
No more information for the moment ?

Kericoul

realist

realist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
more information.........

------------------

Hello Reaper,
thank you very much for your interest in our products.
As Juli@ is a PCI card and there is no Intel Macintosh System available withPCI slots,
no Intel compatibility is required for the driver.

Best regards, Claus Riethmueller
ESI Audiotechnik GmbH

-----Original Message-----

Does the Juli@-Mac-v2_1 driver support for OSX 10.5.1 Intel Ver????

hackeron

hackeron

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
So, anyone got an ENVY24HT card working yet? -- Have an M-Audio Revolution 5.1 that gets no love on my hackintosh :P

22HERTZ

22HERTZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
^^Need this driver too^^

Mamas

Mamas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello. I have Juli@ too. We need to do something. I suggest writing more and more letters to ESI Auio support asking for driver. We bought their product, and there is just our business where we wanna use it. they should create a posibility to use it in any system.

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
They declare list of Operation Systems, that they will support. If you chose another OS, it's your problem. And this is not ESI responsibility. If you want to use Juli@ in Minix 3, does ESI have to write drivers for Minix? :))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mamas

Mamas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I wrote a letter to their support, and whait for their answer. More systems will be compatible, more buyers they have.

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Who cares about Hackintosh users? this is not market for a large company. They spent money to pay salary for several programmers for several moths. This is not cheap.

Mamas

Mamas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Do you work in ESI or smth? In what side ar you? :]

ArgenLant

ArgenLant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Can someoone try to use IOPCIFamily.kext 2.4.4 with ESI Maya44 or ESI Juli@ and original ESI drivers (where I found interesting strings about support for intel-mac since 10.4.4 version)?

CPU: AMD x2 BE-2350 (10.5x200 MGz)
Mb: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 (integrated ALC888 working, integrated ieee1394 working, integrated nforce PHY+RTL8211BL working with editing info.plist forcedeth)
VGA: PCI-E MSI GeForce 7600GS 256 MB (CI/QE working, TV-Out not working with driver from NVidia universal installer from zephyroth dvd)
DVD-RW: Pioneer-112D IDE
HDD1: SATA-2 Samsung 320Gb (winxp32, winxp64 and data) working in AHCI and with NTFS 3G
HDD2 (for LEO): IDE Seagate 40Gb 5400rpm (EFI 8.0 MBR)
Mouse: Logitech Trackman Cordless Optical
Kb: USB Easytouch ET372

Attached Files

Rozq

Rozq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can someone crack or whatever people do with the drivers to run on iatkos? I'd love to use garageband together with my guitar. That was the purpose of installing iatkos at first place, but juli@ is not working ;/

enb14

enb14

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Weird, I thought this card could work on OSX intel but I was wrong :) so I think the only two companies that work on OSX intel are RME and Lynx, correct me if I'm wrong.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy