• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

LifeOnRice

LifeOnRice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
For People having problems on XPC bootloader try following these steps... it uses ##### http://www.taranfx.c...n-pc-hackintosh

MichaelTravis

MichaelTravis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INSTALL GUIDE, I looked at all the Guides and still Couldn't install Lion, so I figured it out (with the help of the guides), And here is the Video I made check it out and let me know what you guys think!!!!

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,127 posts

attention: when you format the usb-stick, it must be mbr. okay. And then !! the new folder on the stick must also be formated/erased as MS-DOS (FAT) !! Otherwise the stick will not work ! Now copy all of the efi-folden onto stick

Andreas

Hi..

Sorry ,I did't understand.. "the new folder on the stick must also be formated/erased as MS-DOS (FAT) !! Otherwise the stick will not work ! "

How I suppose to do this? the stick is on MBR yet...

sorry my english
thak you..

c.frio

qawpaw

qawpaw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Os X; Windows; Hardware; Etc. wheed ;-)
@C.Frio i just copied the files ove to the usb stick after formatting was done,boot works fine here.
but when ever i try to run these commands

have a good one :huh:

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,127 posts

@C.Frio i just copied the files ove to the usb stick after formatting was done,boot works fine here.
but when ever i try to run these commands

"""
Boot :
1 – Boot usb key (it is preconfigured so you do not have to change anything in config ^^)
2 – choose the usb drive where you put BaseSystem.dmg
3 – when the command line prompt, type :
/sbin/mount -uw /
chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
kextload /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
exit
4 – After exit, lion install should start !
"""
i get the error no sutch file or directory exists.
i have repaired the permissions for the fakesmc.kext severel times.
i can also boot without the -s -v commands and it gets to the first boot screen and then stops.
it just show a full resolution image of a mountain with clouds or somthing like that.
but irekognices my ati radeon hd 4870 so its not there .Also the mouse gone to. any thaughts woul be mutch appreciated.

have a good one ;)

Hi..

thanks, I'll try...

c.frio

albert E

albert E

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

CHECK OUT MY VIDEO INSTALL GUIDE, I looked at all the Guides and still Couldn't install Lion, so I figured it out (with the help of the guides), And here is the Video I made check it out and let me know what you guys think!!!!

Didn't work for me. ##### USB disk has a BTStart error! upon booting. Do you have any idea why?

RoggerioSarah

RoggerioSarah

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Didn't work for me. ##### USB disk has a BTStart error! upon booting. Do you have any idea why?

Did not work for me, i tried another method... with XPC.

Taruga

Taruga

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 528 posts

I already knew this guide. The only option in my BIOS that comes close is "Onboard Serial Port 1" with six options:
Disabled
3F8/IRQ4
2F8/IRQ3
3E8/IRQ4
2E8/IRQ3
Auto
None of these options solved my problem. I tried two different USB-Sticks (formatted with FAT32). Still stuck on the white unserscore... Please help...

I have a Gigabyte X38-DS5 and I've found out that besides disabling Serial port I had to unplug my sata DVD Burner to be able to boot XPC

RoggerioSarah

RoggerioSarah

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

I have a Gigabyte X38-DS5 and I've found out that besides disabling Serial port I had to unplug my sata DVD Burner to be able to boot XPC

:)

hchinasky

hchinasky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Thanks Taruga, disabling my dvd made ##### finally boots.

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Thanks for the TUT, I cant wait until an easier method becomes available.

Midtown

Midtown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
what kind of work did you do to get QE/CI for the VAIO laptop?

MichaelTravis

MichaelTravis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Did you use Windows or OS X to install #####. If OS X then try using Windows to install ##### or vice versa, also you could replace the ##### steps in my guide with the xpc method which I am not familiar with at this time. I might update the video in a few days after I get familiar with this method. If you have any other questions leave then on the youtube linked video page. I'm checking that a lot more often.

MichaelTravis

MichaelTravis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Did not work for me, i tried another method... with XPC.

Did you get it to work xpc, check out my updated video description and you can find 2 alternative Lion BootLoaders!!!

RoggerioSarah

RoggerioSarah

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Did you get it to work xpc, check out my updated video description and you can find 2 alternative Lion BootLoaders!!!

Worked for me a different version of the XPC!

kludgedean

kludgedean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I don't suppose anyone can help me out? I've managed to (eventually) successfully get a USB stick to boot a USB installer of Lion Dev 2, it boots without panic, gets to a GUI stage where you pick the language and comes up with

"Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer"

I've looked around for platformsupport.plist, in /S/L/E/ on the installer USB stick, and it's just not there O_O

In the menu of the ##### EFI i've left everything as is, apart from a -v boot flag, nothing of any failure comes up. Any help appreciated (Hardware in sig) <3

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,127 posts

I don't suppose anyone can help me out? I've managed to (eventually) successfully get a USB stick to boot a USB installer of Lion Dev 2, it boots without panic, gets to a GUI stage where you pick the language and comes up with

"Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer"

I've looked around for platformsupport.plist, in /S/L/E/ on the installer USB stick, and it's just not there O_O

In the menu of the ##### EFI i've left everything as is, apart from a -v boot flag, nothing of any failure comes up. Any help appreciated (Hardware in sig) <3

Hi..

It is supposed to be at "/System/Library/ CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

c.frio

kludgedean

kludgedean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Also checked there, there's only one instance of it (found with spotlight) and it's not there. Trying other loaders. Notably the newest XPC 0.83.82 (i'm in their IRC channel), not really hardly any talk, letalone assistance.

I'm still finding out information from assorted sources, but can only assume that one of the reasons it's not installing is through 'modelling', IE macpro8,1 when maybe that's incompatible... Kinda hit a brick wall, too much information out there, just making sense of ANY of it, is quite an acheievement really.

agalex

agalex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

MADE BY DEETOX:

So… I have a Lion working with the following :

- XPC
- NVEnabler (for dual boot on 9800 GTX)
- FakeSMC v.1.0.

What I did :

I used a preconfigured XPC found on applelife.

All files are available here : http://www.fileserve.com/file/MSEcs5H

USB Preparation :

1 – Use “XPC Boot Prepare Tool” to make usb dongle bootable (WARNING : choose the good usb dongle in installer)
2 – Put “bootdisk” content in the usb dongle
3 – Copy my dsdt.aml in efi/xpc in the dongle

Install Preparation (same as usr-sse2 (thank you again)) :

1 – Mount 10.7 image
2 – Found a finder that allow you to show hidden files
3 – Restore “BaseSystem.dmg” (hidden file) from install disk to an external usb drive
4 – Remove “Packages” alias from System/Installation on the usb drive
5 – copy /Packages from 10.7 image to /System/Installation in external usb drive
6 – copy kexts folder from workingxpc to / in external usb drive

Boot :
1 – Boot usb key (it is preconfigured so you do not have to change anything in config ^^)
2 – choose the usb drive where you put BaseSystem.dmg
3 – when the command line prompt, type :
/sbin/mount -uw /
chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
exit
4 – After exit, lion install should start !

Installation :
You are now in Lion Install so follow the steps.

After Installation :
When you reboot after install, you must type in command :
exit

When desktop come, as usr-sse2 said, copy /kexts/FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions (to load it after next reboot without command).

After configuration, you can type “M” in XPC to remove -v -s options.

Alright, sorry again for my bad english : I am french But I hope this help !
I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS: MADE BY DEETOX at NETKAS.org

NEED TESTERS

I really believe that someone should wait for the official release of Lion since Apple is preparing all the time updated drivers. For me the safe road is to use Snow Leopard for as long as I see fit until I see Chameleon supporting Lion. Then it will be the time for change. I use OS X for business, it is not a toy for me.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

I really believe that someone should wait for the official release of Lion since Apple is preparing all the time updated drivers. For me the safe road is to use Snow Leopard for as long as I see fit until I see Chameleon supporting Lion. Then it will be the time for change. I use OS X for business, it is not a toy for me.

Chameleon v2.0-RC5 for LION and Snow Leopard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy