Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

Worked like a charm, i have added your kext to EDP so we can ensure both support for SL and Lion on the future.

Thanx man.

//Leon

www.osxlatitude.com

happy to help :rolleyes:

uhm ... I have put FakeSMc in S/L/E

Ok, I'm trying ....

is this your first boot?

if not and hv SL put fake smc again and do chown chmod, otherwise latest chameleon v7 can also help.

uhm ... I have put FakeSMc in S/L/E

Ok, I'm trying ....

Same problem with updated version :(

happy to help :)

is this your first boot?

if not and hv SL put fake smc again and do chown chmod, otherwise latest chameleon v7 can also help.

Yes, I'm trying the installation.

buoo

hello big brother -D

Use the Extras folder on USB stick (the one you use for snow)

only starts to stick with chameleon installed on but WITHOUT DSDT.aml

Installation starts with:

-v -usecache arch=i386 -x32

Only then will start with -v to boot from USB stick but still, you need to key in a GUID 1 partition installed chameleon I used RC5 752.

kisses kisses

Hi guys!

I'm trying to install Lion on my P5Q deluxe from USB bootable with Chameleno RC5 Rev755 v7 but the installation stops here:

29eobuq.jpg

I can't understand what is the problem! Help me please!

Same me. I need helps. Thanks all

TO ALL have that PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN... problem.

hi guys, have a big problem... i've a gtx460 nvidia 1gb ddr5...when i try to install 10.7 dp2, with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or xpc i've PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN... and blocked for hours..do you have news about this? tnx..

I think that happens (mostly) to PCI device GPU Fermi (Nvidia GTX4/5xx) users. I would ask / discuss that also in the Fermi GPU thread here: Fermi GPUs

Same me. I need helps. Thanks all

i had the same problem, solved using this fakesmc and Natit.kext. It's in that Archive.zip,I put them in the latest xpc bootloader /EFI/xpc/extera_kext and solved the problem may be it can help.

i have a probelm .iam using xpc as bootloader, and I get this from

what do that bunch of xpchelper doing here?

Boot stops at nstat_lookup_entry failed.

I fail too , but i am able to boot into the destop

see the line below "waiting for dsmos". maybe you should look for other symptom.

Archive.zip

post-309614-1304491666_thumb.jpg

post-309614-1304492248_thumb.jpg

Installed on Gigabyte GA-X58-UD7 & ATI Radeon 5870 using Netkas boot. It does work with some issues.

1. During boot complains: "Incorrect image signature", "Header read size 0", "old pci command -7"

2. Clock is not working properly - time passes faster (some 20 minutes per hour).

3. Sleep resets bios.

4. Attempt to reset the system crashes it and hard power off is needed - but without bios reset.

I am using exactly the same configuration that works perfectly for SL including DSDT from tonymacx86 for this board.

While points 3 and 4 seem to be known, it appears that I am doing something wrong to cause problems 1 and 2.

Any help appreciated!

Info: Clock is not working properly - time passes faster (some 20 minutes per hour).

In this cases, clock/time runs wrong - most benchmarks (measures things/time) will give wrong results also.

In real your PC didnt run slower/faster in the benchmark - only the mesurement is wrong. I tell this, because often posted slow geekbench & Co results here - which is only due the wrong timing, not real slower.

please, any suggestions..

I had perfectly working dp2 setup, then i used software update twice(it booted just fine after first update-smaller one)

but when latest update restarted, it's just that-

i can leave it that way for hours and nothing happens.

any hint/help would be appreciated. i'm no kind of noob and i've used hack since leo, with only help of manuals.

q9300, 9800gt, 5gb ram on p35-d3sl

btw after DSMOS has arrived it always gets into gui. atleast it used to =)

post-666275-1304541516_thumb.jpg

I cant see any FAKESMC messages (thats working / loaded). Does they were shown ?

2-3 lines in the log should tell that FAKESMC was loaded.

If not some problem with that - booting stalls without woring FAKESMC.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to install Lion on my P5Q deluxe from USB bootable with Chameleno RC5 Rev755 v7 but the installation stops here:

29eobuq.jpg

I can't understand what is the problem! Help me please!

To install Lion you need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /S/L/E/

I cant see any FAKESMC messages (thats working / loaded). Does they were shown ?

Well, it says: DSMOS has arrived, so i guess FakeSMC is loaded ...

Is it possible to take out the HDD with the NTFS on it?

please, any suggestions..

I had perfectly working dp2 setup, then i used software update twice(it booted just fine after first update-smaller one)

but when latest update restarted, it's just that-

i can leave it that way for hours and nothing happens.

any hint/help would be appreciated. i'm no kind of noob and i've used hack since leo, with only help of manuals.

q9300, 9800gt, 5gb ram on p35-d3sl

btw after DSMOS has arrived it always gets into gui. atleast it used to =)

Replacing both IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext along with IntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext version 156.0.0 from DP2 Update 2 11e444d with the corresponding kexts version 155.0.0 from the preceding DP2 (11a430e) allowed me to successfully boot and run the DP2 11A444d post the 11a430e update.

It is also worth noting that I updated the 11a430e to 11a444d from the Snow Leopard partition via the LionSWUpdate.pkg rather than the automatic Software Update.

If you have FakeSMC.kext or other kexts in the /Extra/Extensions directory, the recent Chameleon 2 RC5 package installer may fail to properly load it as noted in appropriate Chameleon thread.

Well, it says: DSMOS has arrived, so i guess FakeSMC is loaded ...

Is it possible to take out the HDD with the NTFS on it?

It is indeed possible. Why wouldn't it be?

I would use FAKESMC.kext always in /S/L/E - it gets never overwritten by Apple in /S/L/E.

I think /EXTRA has no advantage at all for FAKESMC usage , and you are sure that it works also if some bootloaders (updated) fail to load some /EXTRA content.

11a444d up and running here. Lost sound and dunno about sleep yet, will try out later, but besides that, everything seems to work flawlessly.

Just one finding:

Lion panic´d on OC profile!!! Had to increase CPU CoreVoltage to get it to boot, SL was/is fine with lower setting ... any1 know if that´s for a specific reason??

Cheers

Goron

Installed on Gigabyte GA-X58-UD7 & ATI Radeon 5870 using Netkas boot. It does work with some issues.

1. During boot complains: "Incorrect image signature", "Header read size 0", "old pci command -7"

2. Clock is not working properly - time passes faster (some 20 minutes per hour).

3. Sleep resets bios.

4. Attempt to reset the system crashes it and hard power off is needed - but without bios reset.

I am using exactly the same configuration that works perfectly for SL including DSDT from tonymacx86 for this board.

While points 3 and 4 seem to be known, it appears that I am doing something wrong to cause problems 1 and 2.

Any help appreciated!

Same problems here! Same motherboard to. hope for some fixes soon. :(

Same problems here! Same motherboard to. hope for some fixes soon. :unsure:

kjellamund thank you for the info. I did find fix for the incorrect time. Andy on Netkas site posted his version of Chameleon. You can find both sources and binary.

http://www.mediafire.com/?73a250mqli1j813

Additionally, "old pci command -7" warning during boot is gone and "Header read size 0" has changed to something less threatening "Header read size 200" - whatever that might mean. Reset and sleep problems are still there but with correct time, I can now use it to send emails without worring that recepient will be under impression they were sent from "Back to the future".

Cheers

11a444d up and running here. Lost sound and dunno about sleep yet, will try out later, but besides that, everything seems to work flawlessly.

Just one finding:

Lion panic´d on OC profile!!! Had to increase CPU CoreVoltage to get it to boot, SL was/is fine with lower setting ... any1 know if that´s for a specific reason??

Cheers

Goron

This AppleHDA.kext.zip provides sound on Lion and Snow Leopard for Sigmatel STAC 9228. :)

Is naybody experiencing issues with mdworker (spotlight)? If indexing it will crash my system, when disabled it just works ... same in SL: when my SL tries to index the Lion drive mdworker panics, so i have to exclude it from that drive.

Replacing both IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext along with IntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext version 156.0.0 from DP2 Update 2 11e444d with the corresponding kexts version 155.0.0 from the preceding DP2 (11a430e) allowed me to successfully boot and run the DP2 11A444d post the 11a430e update.

It is also worth noting that I updated the 11a430e to 11a444d from the Snow Leopard partition via the LionSWUpdate.pkg rather than the automatic Software Update

Thanks soooo much will try as soon as i can:D