• Please log in to reply
2424 replies to this topic

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,631 posts
Update first post.
Now Chameleon as iMessage Fix support

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Please not discuss here about iMessage is there a topic iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

Enjoy

Fabio

philip_petev

philip_petev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi there
I have a problem with the latest Chameleon. I'm currently using Chimera 1.11.1 and I wanted to upgrade it to the latest Chameleon version, mostly for the Messages fix. I tested both 2170 and 2171 builds (installed only the bootloader, the FileNVRAM.dylib module and the themes), but they both don't work for me, the boot process stops at the spinning circle after some time and that's all. I managed to boot my system with the 2171 Enoch branch, but I lost my HDMI audio (and I have a patch for it in my DSDT) and the HD 4000 hardware acceleration (no matter if Graphics Enabler is set to Yes or No in org.chameleon.boot.plist, I have no QE). My desktop system is in my signature, I'm running it with the iMac13.1 system definition and a custom SSDT taken from LINK-REMOVED and here's my org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>LoginToLion</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If you need some additional information, I'll provide it gladly.

Edited by ErmaC, 24 January 2013 - 01:30 PM.
Link removed

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,631 posts

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

From a very quick look ...
why the double quotes???
"1920x1080x32"

philip_petev

philip_petev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

From a very quick look ...
why the double quotes???
"1920x1080x32"

I don't know, it was generated by the ####### package and it works perfect this way. I haven't added it.

Edit: I removed them, but that didn't changed anything.

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
Try to install all chameleon files. I by myself got once a mess up by switching from chimera to chameleon. For me it seems, that one of the files is not compatible with chameleon. Could be something home cooked by ############.

Have fun.

philip_petev

philip_petev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Sounds like a plan, but exactly which files I have to replace?

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
You need the i386.zip from above and have to change boot0 and boot1h manually. Look at here: http://www.insanelym...1/#entry1147308

Have fun.

philip_petev

philip_petev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks for the tip, however it didn't worked for me. I installed manually Chameleon 2171, but the result was the same. It seems the is some kind of incompatibility with this version and my board and for now I'll stay with Chimera, at least it works. I only wanted to test the new Messages fix, which sooner or later will be incorporated in Chimera as well.

rvxtm

rvxtm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Tech, Science, Biology, OSX86 stuff
Works here on Gigabyte EP45 extreme.

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 848 posts
Hello there,
I have downloaded the sources to check the gam.c file for HD 4000 support. Is it fully functional or partial ? In the documentation, no mention of a required string in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist ? Just a clarification, thank you :)

PS : GE should be set to y or n for HD4000 + discrete card (8400 GS) ?

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Hello, I'm having some issue with the new version. It will always boot in verbose mode. I'm dual booting with Windows 7 on a separate drive. It works fine with older version 2064 but since 2170 and the iMessage fix it will boot into verbose mode every time.

During the boot selector the verbose argument is preset. The -v is seems to be set present by default and I don't have to type that in. I have checked the chameleon.plist and don't have verbose boot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
webcivilian, use this in Terminal:
sudo nvram -d boot-args

Andru67

Andru67

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. On my Asus Eee 1000H in Snow Leopard does not run C-States. P-States are working perfectly. I tried to boot with the keys CSTUsingSystemIO and GenerateCStates, as well EnableC2State and EnableC4State. Please tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks.

madmodmike

madmodmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hello, don't know if this is the right place for suggestions, anyway, it would be hard to have something like the Clover PatchVBiosBytes, in Chameleon?

I've tried to edit my vesa table to override the maximum resolution available (1280x800) without success, but testing Clover on a USB thumbdrive with the following parameters:

<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
<dict>
<key>0</key>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>NC0nKJAroL+cj5a5jh8AAAA=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>Fg7vn4/9AmM7N8/rQADBJAI=</data>
</dict>
<key>1</key>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>KAAZACgYCAgF</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gAc4BPBCEAcF</data>
</dict>
<key>2</key>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gg8DAQAACAQUAAAIFw==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>TQEDTQEIASDAA///IA==</data>
</dict>
<key>3</key>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QAa6sAQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gAe6OAQ=</data>
</dict>
</dict>

allowed me to get the Clover bootloader at full 1920x1080 native display resolution on my VGA.

I think it would be great to have something like that also in Chameleon.

Thank you :)

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

Hello, don't know if this is the right place for suggestions, anyway, it would be hard to have something like the Clover PatchVBiosBytes, in Chameleon?

I've tried to edit my vesa table to override the maximum resolution available (1280x800) without success, but testing Clover on a USB thumbdrive with the following parameters:
allowed me to get the Clover bootloader at full 1920x1080 native display resolution on my VGA.

I think it would be great to have something like that also in Chameleon.

Chameleon works not worse than Clover. For me I think it's better than Clover Because I must change the places of my hard disk with Clover. And the Chameleon I can install when i want.
I recommend you to put the videobios into DSDT. You should correct DisplaysVendorID(EDID). And to set up GraphicsEnabler=No.
So, It will be plus to you as you can use the max resolution in Chameleon

madmodmike

madmodmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Well, I agree with you, for my config (I'm on a quite old P5Q-E), Chameleon at the moment works better (and it's ways faster on loading itself) than Clover.

About the videobios in DSDT, would you mind to point me to the right direction (maybe a tutorial, or just some instructions), as I have no clue at all on how to do it?

I'm just using a straight dump of DSDT from my motherboard (extracted with AIDA64 and recompiled to the AML file with DSDT Editor), plus I've also got the vbios dump itself from my GPU, because I originally tried with no luck to edit the VESA Table, and finally I ended up just removing the "non native scaling" option and reflashing on my card (and after that, I was able to verify that the PatchVBiosBytes of Clover allowed it to run on my display's native resolution)

So it would be possible to override the VESA Table (and get finally Chameleon on full 1920x1080) just messing around with the DSDT?

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts
I don't know what your video card is.
But for ATI-card
Take the bin file for AIDA, for instane.
Open it in HEX-editor.
copy all bittes and past it to DSDT at the line between quotations by hand.
Everything is made by hands.
There is example of my DSDT
http://www.insanelym...e-usbbusfixyes/
:king:

madmodmike

madmodmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Mine is an EVGA GTX 560Ti (so nVidia).

Would it work anyway? And where should I override the VESA tables to set 1920x1080?

Please be aware that I'm just looking to get only the Chameleon menu at 1920x1080 (which runs in VESA of course), apart from that, my GPU is working pretty good under OS X with full GPU acceleration (and monitor resolutions) available.

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

Mine is an EVGA GTX 560Ti (so nVidia).

Would it work anyway? And where should I override the VESA tables to set 1920x1080?

Please be aware that I'm just looking to get only the Chameleon menu at 1920x1080 (which runs in VESA of course), apart from that, my GPU is working pretty good under OS X with full GPU acceleration (and monitor resolutions) available.

Unfortunately, I don't know nothing about Nvidea or Gforce. But if you want the highest resolution in Chameleon, you must get rid of GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Look at my plist as you can see there is nothing relative to Graphics.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,1) hd(1,2) "Files" "Acer"</string>
<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>"1082" MountainLion ;"SYSTEM RESERVED" Windows8</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>MountainLion</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

madmodmike

madmodmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Sorry man but you're probably misunderstanding me, or I'm not good enough to explain myself :)

My problem isn't related to GraphicsEnabler, GraphicsEnabler is just a parameter that instruct Chameleon to patch stuffs AFTER you select your OSX partition and press ENTER to boot it, not before, and its only purpose is to make OSX aware of your graphics card. Only OSX, not Chameleon itself :)

I can get rid of it at all, or pass it as a parameter before booting OSX (writing "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" or "No" as a boot parameter), this doesn't change the fact that the Chameleon screen where you select which partition to boot (and only this), is locked to a resolution that depends on which modes are available in your VESA Table (see the screenshot later).

What happens after doesn't matter, as I said before, my OSX is working straightforward in 1920x1080 and full GPU acceleration, the problem here is before the boot process, when Chameleon loads up (and is stuck to the maximum VESA mode available, cannot go further).

Here's why I used Clover as a reference, because using the snip I quoted some posts ago, it can patch on the fly the VideoBios, allowing VESA modes unavailable in the default vbios (like 1920x1080), thus having the Bootloader screen and the boot process (with the Apple logo and the spinning wheel) to run in 1920x1080 as well instead of being limited to the maximum VESA mode available.

The problem is in the VESA Tables, which anyone can see writing the "?video" parameter (without quotes) in the Chameleon bootmenu, I've tried to hexedit the video bios and reflash it, but so far looks like the VESA Tables are hidden or encrypted somewhere else.

For reference, this is a picture I've taken from my Chameleon, the maximum VESA mode available to me at the moment is the last one.

Posted Image

So that's why an "on the fly search&replace", like Clover does, would be imho definitely great for Chameleon :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy