[Guide] HP DV8, DV7, DV6, & DV5, 10.6.4 Easy, Comprehensive Installation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

Poll: v2.00 Installation, Update, and Mammoth Installation media (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Is v2.00 something you are interested in and would use?

1. Yes (139 votes [98.58%])

Percentage of vote: 98.58%

2. No (2 votes [1.42%])

Percentage of vote: 1.42%

Which are you most interested in?

1. v2.00 Installation Guides (95 votes [67.38%])

Percentage of vote: 67.38%

2. v2.00 Post-installation Update Guide (46 votes [32.62%])

Percentage of vote: 32.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Hmm. I would really appreciate if you do so. Just let you know. Sleep issue aside, i have everything working. (Speakers, headphone, internal microphone, audio switch.)
Touchscreen volume control button and menu bar volume bar doesn't move accordingly but that's not a problem.

I'll post here when I have take a look to your codec verbs.

as you said the kexts is loaded and with me it appear at the pci cards as "Other Network Controller"
it also appear under ioreg under
| | +-o RP01@1C <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x1000001b2, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1576 ms), retain 10>
| | | +-o IOPCI2PCIBridge <class IOPCI2PCIBridge, id 0x1000001f7, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1255 ms), retain 7>
| | | +-o pci14e4,4353@0 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x1000001d4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1255 ms), retain 9>

The wireless card does recognized properly so it doesn't require Chun-Nan's kext. I think the only solution is to re-brand the wireless card to Apple wireless card. If it is detected as Apple AirPort Extreme card, it might work & driver actually load. But this only a theory. Based on the screenshot above, the broadcom kext does load but the driver actually didn't load (refer to System Profiler screenshot).

AdmiralA

AdmiralA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The wireless card does recognized properly so it doesn't require Chun-Nan's kext. I think the only solution is to re-brand the wireless card to Apple wireless card. If it is detected as Apple AirPort Extreme card, it might work & driver actually load. But this only a theory. Based on the screenshot above, the broadcom kext does load but the driver actually didn't load (refer to System Profiler screenshot).

Okay, great!
Any ideas how one goes about 'rebranding' the card to show up as an Apple wireless one?
Is a DSDT modification required or can we do something at the software level, like an injector or something else?

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Okay, great!
Any ideas how one goes about 'rebranding' the card to show up as an Apple wireless one?
Is a DSDT modification required or can we do something at the software level, like an injector or something else?

those links will help , i think but they need much time
prasys Rebranding Broadcom
Rebranding Broadcom based 802.11b/g/n cards

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

those links will help , i think but they need much time
prasys Rebranding Broadcom
Rebranding Broadcom based 802.11b/g/n cards

This is not for fainthearted people. You do it wrong, you'll loose your wireless card unless you know how to recover corrupted EEPROM. I have re-branded two Broadcom a/b/g wireless card by following prasys' blog. I use Fedora live CD instead because all tools already pre-installed. Also the process didn't take more than 5 minutes. I don't want people to mislead by this suggestion. To be clear, this may or may not get Broadcom 43224 working.

the-patient

the-patient

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Please Help!

For some reason, all of a sudden my OS X partition won't start up.

It only loads one file in the Chameleon partition.

It says "Loaded HFS+ file (system/.... etc.) 479 bytes then a file code.

Cham then hangs, and won't load the rest of the files it normally does. Is there any way to get around this, and is this a common thing? I have no idea what happened.

JBraddock

JBraddock

Ph.D (Can) in Human Rights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Please Help!
For some reason, all of a sudden my OS X partition won't start up.
It only loads one file in the Chameleon partition.
It says "Loaded HFS+ file (system/.... etc.) 479 bytes then a file code.
Cham then hangs, and won't load the rest of the files it normally does. Is there any way to get around this, and is this a common thing? I have no idea what happened.

On Chameleon menu type
Wake=No

the-patient

the-patient

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the quick reply, and help.

I'm slowly learning, and should've thought to try that command as I've seen it before.

I tried searching but it didn't work, probably because it was so specific.

Thanks again, and sorry for the redundant question!

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Thanks for the quick reply, and help.
I'm slowly learning, and should've thought to try that command as I've seen it before.
I tried searching but it didn't work, probably because it was so specific.
Thanks again, and sorry for the redundant question!

No problem at all.
Knowledge is for sharing.
We're all learning.

I remember installing OSX twice, one after another, because I couldn't solve that problem. So, you are not alone.

Taptun

Taptun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
For testing :)
ITD 92HD75B3X5 & nVidia GeForce GT 230M

Works :
- IntSpeaker & Headphone (LineOut) - in autodetect
- Mic & LineIn (Gane + Noise) - in autodetect
- SPDIFOut

+ HDMI in DSDT :P

fully working :angel:

The new CPU section in DSDT for i7 720M (reduced CPU temperature by 10 degrees)

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Works :
- SPDIFOut

@Taptun, by gane and noise do you mean that internal mic has noise cancelation feature enabled. I know that some people managed to enable it by playing around with pin config etc. Did you do something like that?

Regarding HDMI audio, is there any way of testing this feature without plugging to a HDMI device to see if the hack is successful. Like if it detects the nvidia code etc.

Taptun

Taptun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

@Taptun, by gane and noise do you mean that internal mic has noise cancelation feature enabled. I know that some people managed to enable it by playing around with pin config etc. Did you do something like that?

Regarding HDMI audio, is there any way of testing this feature without plugging to a HDMI device to see if the hack is successful. Like if it detects the nvidia code etc.

HDMI - working fine
And at the expense of sound on the ITD 92D75B35 - where everything works, adjust the input signal and noise

Please , test :D

Taptun(Oleg)

PS : Sound must be registered in the DSDT !!!!!!
Device (HDEF)
			  {
				  Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
				  Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				  {
					  Store (Package (0x0E)
						  {
							  "codec-id", 
							  Buffer (0x04)
							  {
								  0x03, 0x76, 0x1D, 0x11
							  }, 

"built-in", 
							  Buffer (One)
							  {
								  0x00
							  }, 

"layout-id", 
							  Buffer (0x04)
							  {
								  0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							  },

"model", 
							  Buffer (0x0E)
							  {
								  "ITD 92HD75B3X5"
							  }, 

"AAPL,slot-name", 
							  Buffer (0x0B)
							  {
								  "PCI-Bridge"
							  }, 

"device_type", 
							  Buffer (0x06)
							  {
								  "Sound"
							  }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
							  Buffer (Zero) {}
						  }, Local0)
					  DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					  Return (Local0)
				  }

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

HDMI - working fine
And at the expense of sound on the ITD 92D75B35 - where everything works, adjust the input signal and noise

Please , test :D
Taptun(Oleg)

;) I see. Unfortunately, I have a very different machine and audio is different. But I will try HDMI audio hack. For now, I could only apply the hack and see if there is anything different in IORegistery or System Information as I don't have a hdmi device now. When you have time if you take a look at my audio kext and try to apply the same noise cancellation trick then I would be really gratefull. Here is my audio files.

Thanks,

Taptun

Taptun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

;) I see. Unfortunately, I have a very different machine and audio is different. But I will try HDMI audio hack. For now, I could only apply the hack and see if there is anything different in IORegistery or System Information as I don't have a hdmi device now. When you have time if you take a look to my audio kext and try to apply same noise cancellation trick then I would be really gratefull. Here is my audio files.

Thanks,

for HDMI in IORegistryExplorer :D :

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

for HDMI in In IORegistryExplorer :D :

I tried but I couldn't get it working. May be I couldn't apply the hack quite right.
Could you please apply that hack to my DSDT. May be there is also something else missing.
Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   20.37KB   3 downloads

If this still doesn't work then I assume I need to patch my device id.

jy371

jy371

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Works :
- SPDIFOut

Taptun,
I would like to reduce CPU temperature of my DV7, but don't know about DSDT editing. Please give step by step instruction for CPU section in DSDT.
Thank you in advance!
Joe

Taptun

Taptun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I tried but I couldn't get it working. May be I couldn't apply the hack quite right.
Could you please apply that hack to my DSDT. May be there is also something else missing.
Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   20.37KB   3 downloads

If this still doesn't work then I assume I need to patch my device id.

Taptun,
I would like to reduce CPU temperature of my DV7, but don't know about DSDT editing. Please give step by step instruction for CPU section in DSDT.
Thank you in advance!
Joe

Give me your DSDT and SSDT, I'll try to do :(

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

@Taptun, if you don't get screen while your laptop being hooked up to an HDMI port, then this hack doesn't work for me.
I am using AppleHDA from 10.6.2. When I have time I'll try the recent version and finally patch my device id to see if it makes any difference.
Thanks for your time.

Taptun

Taptun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

@Taptun, if you don't get screen while your laptop being hooked up to an HDMI port, then this hack doesn't work for me.
I am using AppleHDA from 10.6.2. When I have time I'll try the recent version and finally patch my device id to see if it makes any difference.
Thanks for your time.

Source :(

HDMI

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Source :(

HDMI

Did you patch your device id or it is working out of the box?
Anyway, I'll take more detailed look next month when I buy an external monitor.

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts
Why don't I see this preference setting on my HP notebook but on my desktop hack?

Posted Image

Because my HP notebook has a PS2 keyboard and MacBookPro's a USB variant? I guess so but I'm just looking for a confirmation from someone who know stuff better than I do.

Another thing I am wondering about it this button ("Replacing Batteries...") on my Keyboard pref pane. I mean that shouldn't be there on notebooks. Might this be the result of voodoops2 kext or is my notebook's keyboard initialized in the wrong way?

Also. Do I need the TrackpadPrefpane from the first post, in order to enable settings for my notebook trackpad, or am I reading it wrong?

Sorry for asking these silly questions, but I'm new to notebook hacks.

p.s. My notebook's 'PM Profile' (in FACP.dsl) is set to 2 (no desktop) and the energy settings are fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy