System Info, an app to get hardware and kexts info

131 posts in this topic

Data sent to servers. User Dellmantt told me to post here because I apparently do not have the kexts for my IDE controller, so I can't use my IDE hard drives at all.

Thanks!

You misunderstood. I meant, post the output in the thread where we are discussing your problem.

• 1 month later...

All versions (mac and win/lin) were updated.

- Mac version now has the "check compatibility" feature

- pci ids (http://pciids.sourceforge.net) list was updated

- A bug that was preventing the icon from being updated was fixed

- General parsing fixes for cases where vendor and device were misplaced

The web browsing interface (olaria.com/kexts) for transmitted data was updated too, now it support Lion.

• 2 weeks later...
how do you link devices to its related kext, assuming having info through kextstat ?

Does it show all kext files I really need in Lion? My Idea is to delete unnecessary kext Files and just keep the one I realy need in s/l/e

It doesn't list all kexts in use, just the ones related to a device in ioreg (not from kextstat).

• 1 month later...

Regarding compatibility; What's the difference between smiley face and green check mark?

I ASSUME green check mark = tested and verified, and smiley face = SHOULD work but not sure?

I don't need a description for frownie :P Even though I got ONE.

Here's what may very well be a blue sky request;

Wouldn't it be nice, if when checking for compatibility, it checked your database and reported back the related kexts a user would need to enable during hackintosh install? Even to go so far as to recommend which osx86 image to use for the maximum chance of success?

Hi,

I added the icons description in first post.

Icon meaning:

• checkq.png - device was reported as working;
  • positive.png - device was not reported, but devices in this class are not usually reported;
  • negative.png - device was not reported, and devices in this class are usually reported.

I will talk to el coniglio about your suggestions. The first one is possible, I already asked him about it previously. The second one doesn't make much sense to me, but let's see.

Data sent.

I noticed in a reply here you said that the id's were inverted, does this mean the device id was where the vendor id should be and vica versa. The reason I ask is I am trying to add my device id+vendor id to the info.plist in VooDooHDA.kext. For my audio codec(MCP55 HD Multimedia Cntrller) it's: VenID_10de, Dev_ID_0371 which makes my entry 037110de which looks nothing like the example shown in the thread to do this, oldnapalm's entry starts 0x and is 0x3b568086.

Many thanks! I guess I was expecting to see an icon key in the program itself. My bad ;)

Allow me to elaborate on my second request:

It is my understanding that each ISO has a slew of kexts that differ from build to build, so naturally I thought it would be helpful to list which build would be best suited for any given report based on that user's machine.

This would be particularly helpful for the noobs. In fact, this almost feels like a step towards "download all related kexts and make a custom injector" app.

Thanks again for the response, I really appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone else having issues with windows version on XP export creates a 0 length file - gotta get a FAT partition up before I can run OSX version - will check Linux version later tonight..

maybe someone can patch/fix the download to check for ./pcilist.txt (or whatever it is called) else load from .jar - that would save having to update .zip and/or .jar indefinitely

cheers for the app btw - still useful

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having problems with the Windows version? I've downloaded v. 0.5 and unfortunately, not even one device appears. I've tried starting the program both via the .bat file and via the .jar, but nothing helped. I'm using Windows 7 SP1 with an up-to-date JRE.

Exporting the devices creates a 0-byte file.

EDIT: OK..that's strange. It works on my 5-years old PC, but not on my new Notebook. Any suggestions as to why it doesn't work on my laptop?

Is anyone else having problems with the Windows version? I've downloaded v. 0.5 and unfortunately, not even one device appears. I've tried starting the program both via the .bat file and via the .jar, but nothing helped. I'm using Windows 7 SP1 with an up-to-date JRE.

Exporting the devices creates a 0-byte file.

EDIT: OK..that's strange. It works on my 5-years old PC, but not on my new Notebook. Any suggestions as to why it doesn't work on my laptop?

Yeah... You aren't the only one with the problem mate. What in the heck is going on...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...