System Info, an app to get hardware and kexts info

131 posts in this topic

@dingfelder

It doesn't mean you cannot run SL on it. It is always worth a try, even when more critical hardware show a sad face. I say this because the database is generated from users contributions (a lot of people have contributed but there are A LOT of hardware around), and some hardware really doesn't have a "kext" to relate with. =)

• 3 weeks later...
Are there any efforts to port this to Linux? Would like to be involved in that effort if exsists

It is pretty simple to port it to linux, just add a OS check and call the right "system parsing" class. On windows it collects data from registry, on linux it will open a thread with lspci and parse the output. The app (communication / interface) is written in java so it just depend on jre.

It is pretty simple to port it to linux, just add a OS check and call the right "system parsing" class. On windows it collects data from registry, on linux it will open a thread with lspci and parse the output. The app (communication / interface) is written in java so it just depend on jre.

in hackintosh-hardware-analyser-1.0.9.sh i have this short code, already works on ubuntu 9.1 & 10.04

sudo aptitude install default-jre

download from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

chmod 755 iasl-linux dsdtparser.jar

sudo java -jar dsdtparser.jar

same result as windows, but less than osx (no kext association with pciids)

in hackintosh-hardware-analyser-1.0.9.sh i have this short code, already works on ubuntu 9.1 & 10.04

sudo aptitude install default-jre

download from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

chmod 755 iasl-linux dsdtparser.jar

sudo java -jar dsdtparser.jar

same result as windows, but less than osx (no kext association with pciids)

Well, he is talking about System Info, not DSDT Editor. System Info won't work on linux since it use the windows registry to collect the system hardware data. oldnapalm sent me the lspci output, tomorrow I'll code a parser for it and make a system check in the app.

[...] But the kexts tab is not enabled, how do I see what kexts I should use?

The tab isn't enabled b/c a hardware item has been stated as working with many kext versions (and OS, since the system differ SL and Leo). If you want to view the listing to verify if they are "native" or 3rd party you can do this in the web interface http://olarila.com/kexts/

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure? Because the ioregistryexplorer device Ids are not the one i get from system info, but wait, in the ioreg result they are not changed (by DSDT injection)... uhm I'm a bit confused, and so I can't explain well what is happening so i'll attach all my stuff so you can check it by yourself if it could be useful for this project

In the result.txt i've put, the info you asked from ioreg, plus the actual lspci -nn (it shows the original ID not the ones modded by DSDT ones)

results.txt.zip

scraxZotac.ioreg.zip

post-464373-1277908868_thumb.png

Last note, in IORegistryExplorer 980a is not inverted

post-464373-1277909104_thumb.png

DSDT part relative to TRIM:

Device (TRIM) {  Name (_ADR, 0x00030004) }

(yes nothing more ;) )

Any progress on this issue? if needed I can provide more fedback

for now this is the situation

post-464373-1291972844_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello,

nice and useful app.

Data send for G33M-SL2 mobo, with nVidia 9800GT. Sound, sleep, dual-display, bonjour, ... all working.

I did the same for the Hack side of my ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB (everything works in 10.6.6 except HDMI-out, which is a VoodooHDA-specific issue that did *not* happen with earlier versions) - I hung an otherwise-shelved Sound Blaster Audigy (supported by kX Project 1.30 for OS X, and works fine) to handle the audio duties (as opposed to my X-Fi XtremeGamer, which is not supported by OS X in any way, but is used on the Windows side; the two sound cards split duty in the same PCI slot).

Graphics - VisionTek AMD HD5450 512MB PCIe (yes, it works, and with full QE/CI no less - I have even installed Steam for Mac on it).

Display - Acer H233H.bmid (properly detected)

Audio works, as does video (iDVD and iTunes both work, as does VLC). So does the MacAppStore (I've downloaded NovaBench, Kindle for Mac, and two free games from the MAS already).

Networking? Definitely working (Realtek 8111D driver has never failed me - also, Tenda WG311U wireless-N stick works just fine using the factory OS X drivers).

Firefox 4 beta 12 (not Safari) is my default browser with this kitty (and it will likely remain that way due to the Apple/Adobe "armed truce" and Google having their own issues with Adobe file formats, and I loathe Opera).

In addition to the two free games and Portal (remember, I have installed Steam, and Portal was a game I already owned), I've also hung Bejeweled 3 (another multiplatform title I own) on the Hack side of things (it was the first game I'd played in Snow since I got my CI/QE working).

I also have Office for Mac *reinstalled* (an old friend that I used in Leopard).

So far, I have no real *software* issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please take a look at the screenshots below. They belong to my wife's notebook. I ran the systeminfo win version.

Please help me interpret the results... does the :) means that it can run Mac OS? Or si it necessary to have all green checkmarks?

portatilanabela.jpg

Another windows hardware report below (might help in some way).

hwportatilanabela.jpg