[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.X on P5Q Series

Installed SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully?

• Yes
    • No

507 posts in this topic

Yeahh!! The problem was the 4850 but with the dev-id works wonderfully! ;)

The only problems I have to solve now is Memory Speed, System Info show me 667mhz instead 800mhz

Another "little" problem is that the cpu seems to always work to 3,0Ghz, so i think SpeedStep don't work..

If you know how to solve the above problems I'm here.. but I'm already very happy!

My Bios already contain this Fix:

- Removed CPU Alias

- Added 2 IRQNoFlags HPET Device (Hpet Fix)

- Fix RTC (Reset cMOS Fix)

Kext that I used:

- ApplePS2Controller

- EvOreboot.kext

- FakeSMC.kext

- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

Thanks Robert!! ;)

Hy, can you tell me how to solve this problem (freeze):

I've a Radeon HD4850, I restored SnowLeopard on UBS disk but i can't boot in it.

It boots, but it freezes, on can only install 10.6.3 when i boot with -x.

Can you tell me how you got solved this problem please ?

Sorry for my bad english

Have a good day

Ben

post-432963-1270731020_thumb.jpg

It seems that no matter what I try, I cannot get passed:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - wait for service (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

I am using the Juzzi 2102 BIOS revision.

Followed some of the pointers from this thread and others. Tried default FakeSMC.kext from installer. Tried all key replacements mentioned.

ASUS P5Q Pro

Intel C2D Wolfdale 3.0

4 GB G.Skill (2x2GB)

USB keyboard/mouse

ATI Radeon HD4870 512 MB

You need to use NullCPUpowermanagement.kext in order to get rid of that issue. Copy that kext to the Extra > Extension folder and then try it

It seems that no matter what I try, I cannot get passed:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - wait for service (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

I am using the Juzzi 2102 BIOS revision.

Followed some of the pointers from this thread and others. Tried default FakeSMC.kext from installer. Tried all key replacements mentioned.

ASUS P5Q Pro

Intel C2D Wolfdale 3.0

4 GB G.Skill (2x2GB)

USB keyboard/mouse

ATI Radeon HD4870 512 MB

Thanks for the tip!

Since the install runs through with the Graphics-disabler included in the Install-DVD Image I tried the -x option on the installed OS X.

As soon as the desktop should come up.. display goes blank again.

I suppose the myHack modifications are only used while booting to the setup. Once it's installed on the harddrive, the default options are used, without the Graphics-disabler... sounds strange to me but that's the only reason I can come up with. Correct me if i'm wrong please.

I have a GTX 280 and I have the exact same problem. I have also tried everything you have with no results. Black screen every time. Have you had any luck since your last post?

I've a Radeon HD4850, I restored SnowLeopard on UBS disk but i can't boot in it.

Sorry for my bad english

Have a good day

Ben

Please, Robert or someone can you help me please??

I have a GTX 280 and I have the exact same problem. I have also tried everything you have with no results. Black screen every time. Have you had any luck since your last post?

Nope unfortunately not, I tried just about every combination of installation options, wrote down every change I made not to miss something, but had no luck at all. I'm still hoping on the new guide.

You can try copying the NVEnabler64.kext or EVOEnabler in to the Extra > Extention folder and then try to boot into Snow LeopardNVEnabler_64.kext.zip

Sorry for my bad english

Have a good day

Ben

You can try to copy any one of the the following kexts into the Extra > Extension folder and then try to boot into Snow Leopard

http://www.kexts.com/view/98-darwinx86-ati...ector.kext.html

http://www.kexts.com/view/160-modified_evo...for_4870hd.html

http://www.kexts.com/view/113-legacyati4800controller.html

http://www.kexts.com/view/95-radeon_4850.html

http://www.kexts.com/view/325-evoenabler_f..._10.6.3%29.html

Hi! I get a kernel panic when i try to install a Retail Mac OS X version 10a432 build Snow Leopard.

p1000147e.th.jpg

HD version:

p1000147t.th.jpg

My PC:

Core 2 Duo E8400

2x2gb Mushkin ddr2 1000mhz

Asus P5q Motherboard

Ati HD 5870

I have my Mac OS X Install dvd on a 10gb partition in the same HD

Please help me!!!

Hi! I get a kernel panic when i try to install a Retail Mac OS X version 10a432 build Snow Leopard.

p1000147e.th.jpg

HD version:

p1000147t.th.jpg

My PC:

Core 2 Duo E8400

2x2gb Mushkin ddr2 1000mhz

Asus P5q Motherboard

Ati HD 5870

I have my Mac OS X Install dvd on a 10gb partition in the same HD

Please help me!!!

Have you flashed your motherboard with the Modified Bios...... You need to flash your Bios with the Modified Bios otherwise it will give you that message....

You can download the latest modified bios from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=69573

or from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213333

Flash using the EZFlash Utility in the Bios

I have already tried your advice but it still doesn't work :), is the same black screen, with same errors.

The BIOS version that i have tried is: P5Q Asus 2208 by smith@@, i have this motherboard exactly: Asus P5Q Motherboard.

Any solution???

Thanks!

I have already tried your advice but it still doesn't work :) , is the same black screen, with same errors.

The BIOS version that i have tried is: P5Q Asus 2208 by smith@@, i have this motherboard exactly: Asus P5Q Motherboard.

Any solution???

Thanks!

Try this bios http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KRATUHC 2002-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_for_MAC_OS_X___VISTA_Slic_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip

There's no way :)

But, the issue is that with iDeneb, mi Hackintosh is running ok, so, why with SL doesn't work?

Maybe the version of SL (10A432) is corrupted, but, when i check the .dmg it doesn't cause any problem.

Anyway, can u give me a valid version for SL Retail?

:D:(:(

There's no way :)

But, the issue is that with iDeneb, mi Hackintosh is running ok, so, why with SL doesn't work?

Maybe the version of SL (10A432) is corrupted, but, when i check the .dmg it doesn't cause any problem.

Anyway, can u give me a valid version for SL Retail?

:D:(:(

Ok have you set your Bios to AHCI Mode?....... Also let me know what are the steps you have done so far

Yes, i have my BIOS in AHCI mode, well, about my steps, i have followed this guide since the beginning.

I have already installed iDeneb Lite 1.5.8 in my pc, and with this i have done the retail image, my bios configuration is Default and the only change is IDE --> AHCI in sata mode.

Any idea?

Yes, i have my BIOS in AHCI mode, well, about my steps, i have followed this guide since the beginning.

I have already installed iDeneb Lite 1.5.8 in my pc, and with this i have done the retail image, my bios configuration is Default and the only change is IDE --> AHCI in sata mode.

Any idea?

What are the kexts that you have placed in the Extra > Extension folder......

Try to install using only these kexts FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in the Extra :> Extension folder

I have tried with only these kext and doesn't work, i'm desperate, can be for hardware? any component isn't compatible with snow leopard?

Now i have P5Q Asus 2208_by smith@@ BIOS...

Sorry for my english :wacko:

Hi!! I have done some progress, now, booting from usb, all seems good, but when installation is initializing the graphic interface of SL installer, gpu fan speed goes out of control, and monitor turns off.

Kexts are:

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

SMBIOSResolver.kext

FakeSMC.kext

NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

Any ideas?

Sorry for my english :D

Tried that. Still same error comes up. Used with both "-v" and "-x -v".

Passing no arguments to the installer results in the MyHack screen with a continuous spinning icon. Never gets passed that.

You need to use NullCPUpowermanagement.kext in order to get rid of that issue. Copy that kext to the Extra > Extension folder and then try it

Tried that. Still same error comes up. Used with both "-v" and "-x -v".

Passing no arguments to the installer results in the MyHack screen with a continuous spinning icon. Never gets passed that.

Ok no need to worry I am working on the new Guide.....I have to test few things before writing the post ...... My exams are going on hence not able to give much time on the post