• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

freddied

freddied

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Try matching the OpenGL.framework, Quartz.framework, and QuartsCore.framework from 10.4.5 with your 10.4.5 kexts. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to get ahold of a 10.4.4 install and use those as per my previous post in this thread. Your card is very similar to mine, you should be able to get full accelleration.

Thanks for this Pureevilmatt - unfortunately no joy :mellow:

I tried your method eariler in the thread to the word, as well as combining it with the one at the beginning and still it just gets stuck on the Apple logo spinner, but boots fine in Safe Boot. I assume the only fix to this would be to try the 10.4.4 instead of 10.4.5 kexts?

Any idea where I can get the 10.4.4 kexts by themselves as Apple don't (as far as I'm aware) do a 10.4.4 Intel update. Or will I just have to download a 10.4.4 torrent?

Appreciate the help.

jspiker

jspiker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
X850XT PCIE users (5d52)

Because of a ton of PMs asking how to do this..

Install callisto b005. Others may work, this worked for me.

Be warned, for me only the VGA output works. NOT DVI (yet.. workin on it).

Follow the rest of this guide. Yay.

Install mighty mouse (search forums) for mouse tearing.

----------------

In addition

Is there a trick to get callisto working with cards that have a vga and dvi, in which it see's only the vga and will not allow for res switching on the dvi?

Edited by jspiker, 18 January 2007 - 09:55 PM.

radan

radan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
hermund-feldborgs-computer:~ hermundfeldborg$ cd /Users/hermundfeldborg/desktop
hermund-feldborgs-computer:~/desktop hermundfeldborg$
hermund-feldborgs-computer:~/desktop hermundfeldborg$ cd /Users/hermundfeldborg/desktop
hermund-feldborgs-computer:~/desktop hermundfeldborg$ chown -R root:wheel Callisto*
hermund-feldborgs-computer:~/desktop hermundfeldborg$ chmod -R 755 Callisto*
hermund-feldborgs-computer:~/desktop hermundfeldborg$ cp -R Callisto* /System/Library/Extensions/
cp: /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto_b003fixed/.DS_Store: Permission denied
cp: /System/Library/Extensions/CallistoHAL.kext/Contents/MacOS/CallistoHAL: Permission denied
cp: /System/Library/Extensions/CallistoHAL.kext/Contents/Info.plist: Permission denied
cp: /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto.kext/Contents/MacOS/Callisto: Permission denied
cp: /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Permission denied
cp: /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto.kext/Contents/Info.plist: Permission denied
cp: /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto_b003fixed.zip: Permission denied

Here is a "copy" from Terminal. Seems like i dont have the permissions to move the kexts to extensions folder.... :P

Got help from a guy from IRC.macspeak.net!

I HAVE FINALLY 1450x1050!!!! CELEBRATE!!!!! :unsure::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by radan, 24 January 2007 - 04:08 PM.

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
hello all !

does someone know if it works on a radeon X550
i looked for any infos on this forum but nothing about it.

thank u all for your work

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
up

hello all !

i've allready installed callisto 08 on 10.4.8 from Tubgirl on my RADEON x550 PCIe (RV370 0x5B60) but here is my problem:
after that i must reboot manually (cause asus A8NE don't reboot !?)
then i can boot under osx few second and then a black screen appear.
when i boot in safe mode it worx nativelly in 1680x1050x60 (perfect for my screen Benq FP202W)
no mouse tearing but no QE/CI and no sound (maybe due to the safe mode)
i'm so sad and sure i could work .
i've tried to boot in verbose mode but it is mute cause the probleme come after the boot.

________________________________________________________________________________
RADEON 550
PATA 40go maxtor in a mobile rack (two separate OSs)
LG dvd dual burner
Benq FP 202
all work but graphic OR sound

ChuckDSanders

ChuckDSanders

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hey has anyone gotten one of these to work with an ATI x700 pro PCIx card to work with QE/CI. I might trade a buddy my 7800 GTX for the x700 when I get my 8800gts. Any thoughts? Thank you

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,077 posts

Any thoughts?

Don't trade :hysterical:

Rebo

Rebo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wonderful guide, worked wonders for me:

My system:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (SSE2)
MSI K8N Neo (Nforce 3)
ATI Radeon X800 XTPE (id: 0x4A501002)
Dell 2005FPW

The only adjustments that I had to make (through a lot of blood, tears, trial and error) were:

a). Manually entering the EDID of the monitor was required for Callisto to work properly (causing a kernel panic otherwise)

:). Editing the plist in ATIRadeon9700.kext was quite enough for QE/CI to work. Hex editing the binary as per your guide made the system hang at the beginning, with half of the screen a kind of corrupted grey thing.

c). AGPGart 2.2 was required to solve the unbearable slowness which occured immediately after enabling QE/CI

covenant

covenant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Did not work for my PCIe x850xt and 10.4.8.... Callisto works to give me the ability to set resolution, but when I try to load the ATIRadeon9700GA file as suggested in the guide, I get a 100% corrupted screen after rebooting, and had to manually remove the files in single-user mode. I'm about to give up on this and delete the partition...

Tomsl

Tomsl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi I have a problem! I'm running jas 10.4.8 sse3 (with ati kext 10.4.5) and I have graphic card saphirre x800xl 512mb. I tried whit callisto 6 and 8 and i have many resolutions but i haven't QE and CI then I changed ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin and ATIRadeon9700.kext but every time may os collapsed at the start without write Extensions.mkext.

Radeon X800 UM:

Chipset Model: Radeon X800 UM
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x554d
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Someone can help me?
my graphic card has dual dvi!

Edited by Tomsl, 08 February 2007 - 05:09 PM.

muhammadbeig

muhammadbeig

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
can anyone be kind enough and send me the ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin and ATIRadeon9700.kext files please? saud.beig@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

muhammadbeig

muhammadbeig

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I got mouse tearing but no QE or CI :) (.. any trouble shooting help? i'm thinking i missed something in callisto driver install.. i have a x300 5460 dev id on 10.4.8 (8.8.1 kernal)

As I was re-doing my OS recently, I figured it was a good time to give a guide of how you can get your hardware up and running. This is also partially an off-site backup of every step I performed, just in case my computer completely crashes.

Edited by muhammadbeig, 04 February 2007 - 06:16 AM.

muhammadbeig

muhammadbeig

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
why would you get mouse tear and NO QE CI :rolleyes:?? Anyone??

I got mouse tearing but no QE or CI :( (.. any trouble shooting help? i'm thinking i missed something in callisto driver install.. i have a x300 5460 dev id on 10.4.8 (8.8.1 kernal)

hecker

hecker

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts
@muhamadbeig: you have to follow Callisto's instructions by the line, really! Also, check the FAQ page (included in the callisto files) and the troubleshooting section. Did you set CallistoFB as your framebuffer?

Cheers,

hecker

...:::MacMan:::...

...:::MacMan:::...

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
does this work on Jas Os 10.4.8? :huh:

radan

radan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hello fellas. I have been talking alot about this. Somebody told me to upgrade to 10.4.8, but that wasn't a good idea anyway. A person called prasys told me to stay with 10.4.6, since there are no power management options for laptops in 10.4.8. So thats why i am here now. I have to assign GPU, sound and so on manually.

I stopped following your guide excactly where i could set resolutions. Worked like a charm. I use now 1050x1450.

Then i tried following up the rest of your guide. getting QE QI support. I had no luck! :(
Booted up my computer, everything seemed fine. But when the desktop was showed, I just saw a royal mess of rainbow color in squares and triangulates.

Could repair disk permissions fix this? Or do i have to run a cmd in Single users mode?

Sipheren

Sipheren

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Cars
Would someone be able to please send me Callisto? The site from page one seems to be down.

sipheren@4email.net

Sipheren

Sipheren

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Cars
Could someone someone please send the driver, or at least point to where I can get. The site thats linked to at the start of this thread doesnt work.....

Thanks

moarfish

moarfish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I got it done with the tips today. My card is X800 0x554F.
I patch the original ATIRadeon9700.kext coming with JAS 10.4.8 AMD INTEL DVD. Step 1 was skip but edit the com.apple.Boot.plist for resolution changed to 1280x1024x32 instead.
Still have mouse tearing but solved by using mighty mouse.

budswell

budswell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks heaps, worked for me.
PCIE Powercolor X850XT (5d52)

Jas 10.4.8
Callisto b005 - monitor has to be plugged into port 1 (card has 2 DVI ports)
Also did the EDID trick talked about in Callisto b005 install guide. Not sure if necessary, tried it before I tried changing ports. Didn't work until I changed ports. Make sure you verify the Callisto stuff (resolution change) is working before getting into ATIRadeon 9700 stuff.
Then just did the Radeon9700 stuff as described on front page and its all good. Love the Itunes jukebox thingy, incentive to go and find all my album covers :P
Still got little screen glitches (assume this is "mouse tearing").

My other HW: AMD4000+, ASUS A8VE Delux, LG L1910B LCD screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy