[How To] X800 XL set up with working Display Manager and QE/CI

phoenix3200

232 posts in this topic

Help please, sorry about my englesh.

I traying for months to gat my ATI X600 MOBILITY V3200 working with CI/QE but no luck.

I wil bee greatful if someone give me detaled info how to make this work.

I try everithing and only thing i get is mest up picture http://tinyurl.com/z48lw witch post by exscape.

Thanks for help. ;)

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x3154

Revision ID: 0x0080

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Windows info PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3154&SUBSYS_05701014&REV_80\4&266C3FA7&0&0008

I am runing native 10.4.6 jass on my IBM ThinkPad T43p.

• 3 weeks later...

I second that this is the only thing i'm missing from a perfect hackintosh. I tried the original guide but I get artifacts like some of the posters above. I thinks its got something to do with the new ATIRADEON9700.kext file in 10.4.7

GOT IT WORKING FINALLY!

My original install was JaS 10.4.6. Biostar K8NHA Grand, Radeon X800 Pro AGP.

- Replaced all ATI kexts in /System/Library/Extensions/ from the ones on the 10.4.6 CD via Pacifist.

- Replaces OpenGL.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks/ from the folder on teh 10.4.6 CD

- Installed Callisto b006 and updated ATIRadeon9700GA.kext

- Installed AGPGart2.0 Universal into /System/Library/Extensions/ (found on this site in a zip).

Deleted /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache.

Ran 'kextcache -k /System/Library/Kextcache/' in terminal.

That did it for me! I can't attribute all the help to any specific ppl because this was something I have been trying over a week and have by now forgotten the posts that made the biggest differences in my progress, so thanks to everyone who contributed!!!

Note: THE INSTALLATION WOULD NOT WORK IF I USED THE KOVERG PATCH! It wasn't just that I didn't need it, it simply would't work. It may have had something to do with the fact that my device ID already existed in the ATIRadeon9700.kext/Info.plist

Thanks! I followed that exactly and got my X800 Pro AGP to work. My device ID is 4a49. Thanks again!

Sorry, I don't visit InsanelyMac as much anymore (not enough free time), so I didn't see that you were needing the KEXT files.

To answer your question, obtaining the 10.4.4/10.4.5 KEXT files is just as illegal as obtaining a copy of OS X.

To the rest of you, check to see if your card is listed in post #96 #1. If so, you may be able to aviod the Koverg/Hexedit patch.

what is the word on 10.4.7 and qi/ce support. i tried using ati kext from 10.4.6 dvd as well and it still didnt work with b008 driverrs. I am using a radeon 9800 pro (device id 4e48) The driver installs fine and i can set the resolution, but when I set it to use Castillo HAL I get corruption on the screen as noted before in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
I second that this is the only thing i'm missing from a perfect hackintosh. I tried the original guide but I get artifacts like some of the posters above. I thinks its got something to do with the new ATIRADEON9700.kext file in 10.4.7

So anyone been able to use radeon 9700/9800 with 10.4.7/10.4.8. When i installed os x 10.4.7 (jass) it didnt install the radeon drivers. I installed callisto drivers and it loads the kexts fine and i can set custom resolution. Bu when I modify ATIRADEON9700.kext to set it to use callistofb i get serious artifacts on the screen. Please help, everything except this works.

nirvanaguy, you need the kext files from 10.4.4 or 10.4.5.

Those kext files work just fine under a MyZar-based 10.4.7 (or did...I've got a hard drive error I need to fix with another install of OS X), but I have not had the chance to test 10.4.8.

Joblo10 is putting work into a framebuffer for ATI cards (it might be more AGP-based than Callisto was). Try XRadeonFB out if you get the chance.

Those kext files work just fine under a MyZar-based 10.4.7 (or did...I've got a hard drive error I need to fix with another install of OS X), but I have not had the chance to test 10.4.8.

Joblo10 is putting work into a framebuffer for ATI cards (it might be more AGP-based than Callisto was). Try XRadeonFB out if you get the chance.

Which kext files, only the ATI* kext files? I have already tried using those and got the same artifacts

Followed the instructions every last detail, got my full Res of 1440x900 thanks to the callisto driver but no QE or CI. Tried the 10.4.5 kexts off the DVD but that didn't work either, just resulted in a black screen with coloured blocks and a mouse pointer. :D

Specs: HP Pavillion zd8000 ATI Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) PCIE. Release: 10.4.6

I should mention im not sure if mine is the JAS release? would that make a difference in the kexts being 10.4.5 or not??? Tried the koverg patch no avail. Callisto 3 was the only one I could get to work.

Anyone had any success with this HP laptop???

Thanks..

:blowup:

Atlast stuck with callisto 3 and gave it one last try and....

Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) (PCIE):

Chipset Model: Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) (PCIE)

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

Slot: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x3150

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

:huh:

Thanks for this topic and links was of great help

I have your same laptop.

I did a clean install from JaS DVD 10.4.6. With Callisto 3 I'm getting full 1440x900 res, but now it's about one month I'm trying to get CI & QE working, with no success! I keep trying every single guide I'm able to find, but with no results! Callisto 5, 6 & 8 don't work, Koverg patch don't work, always an unusable system: black or multi-colored tassellated mosaic-like screens.

Would you mind to share with me (and maybe other zd8000 owners) the recipe you followed? I'll be really glad!

Thanks in advance!

Thank you

I've just his alpha release to a friend who has a x800GTO

Lets see if it works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello fellas. I think i really messed it up when i tried your guide. Of course i backuped my extensions, but aren't there more things that need to be corrected due this guide?

Need your help!

Just in case:

How do i use my backup?

Any help? I just want to know how i use my backup from extensions!

Have anyone tried the x600 mobility? If someone have, please let me know!

Furthermore, I have maybe found wrong Device ID. I think thats why i didn't got things working. Could some in the Forum post the right Dev.ID (that would be very kind of you)

Edited by radan

Thank you for answer, phoenix3200.

It seems that the b008 version is not working for my GPU. So i tried B006, but haven't managed to get it boot. But before i go ahead with the backup instructions, i will try "repair disk permissions"

What do you think?

See post #3 for how to restore from the backup.

As for the device ID, you'll need to figure that out on your own...it's not neccessarily specific to the series/model number of a card.

I ran the -s cmd but it seems nothing is done.

See my Screenshot

First i typed -s.

The pictures are placed chronologic

Then typed in this (picture one)

Clicked enter and a text was showed below (picture two)

Since nothing occured, i tried to type in the last halfpart (picture three) but got the message: No such file or directory... :D

post-66190-1168183514_thumb.jpg

post-66190-1168183527_thumb.jpg

post-66190-1168183566_thumb.jpg

Edited by radan