Web Application/Site Languages

40 posts in this topic

I like notepad with txt file... hahahaha, :star_sunglasses: Well really I do some things I use allot of Apps:

PS7

Gimp

FrontPage

DreamWeaver

Flash

Languages:

PHP

CSS

HTML

and I use some CMS programs (to lazy to write my own) Oh and Joomla is one of my fav CMS programs. 1.0.12 and 1.5b ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find myself using PHP and Python for the most part.

I'm also developing a framework in C++ that is extended with Lua, to allow one to write web applications in Lua but code sections in C++ if need be, all running from one CGI script.

• 1 month later...

I use:

Java (J2EE) + Oracle

ASP.NET (strictly C# tho, i hate VB) + Sql Server 2005

I tried some PHP but i didn't like it.

AJAX is very powerful, but you must knwo when to use iit and when to let it aside.

For server side processing I've been developing in PHP4 for quite a few years now, but I'm starting to get into Ruby on Rails for the more demanding applications. There was one application I developed using JavaServer Pages, but I wasn't too happy with it. Java really isn't ready for web applications, if you ask me (despite what I've heard from lots of people that love it! lol).

Client-side, XHTML, CSS and Javascript obviously. :D Sometimes a bit of Flash, but not a lot. I hate fully-flash websites.

• 1 month later...

Ruby on Rails, a few python frameworks, Common Lisp. I avoid C# and Java if I can.

I'm picking up PHP and Symfony to code a site for a friend who only has a shared server.

PostgreSQL for heavy lifting, SQLite or Object Prevalence for small data, MySQL if server doesn't have PostgreSQL.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

ROR will hit the Programming language market in upcoming years. as its fast development environment we can develop any web application very fast. as from my past experience i came to know that we can develop web application easily in ror because the availability of large number of plugins.

i have developed many application till now, in any of those application i have not faced any complicated problem till now. i should thank full for all the plugin developers who makes ruby developers life easy.

i have lanched a new application in ruby on rails recently. you can check this one by below url

www.inkakinada.com it is "  World's First Geo-Visual City Information Classifieds Portal".

its been developed with many functionalities with easy of use.

• 2 months later...

I use .NET framework.

ASP.NET, C#, SilverLight. As database, i use MS Access or MS SQL Server.

I also know PHP 4 but i stop using it a few time ago, when i started to study .NET

To design i usually use Photoshop, or sometimes pure CSS.

About AJAX, i use too a little but just in "small cases", for example: validating an email, subscribing newsletters, etc.